Favourite Moment (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

So many great moments already mentioned. One thing that struck me was George Thomas's interview after the game when he said there is nothing more special than winning at Wembley with your mates who you've grown up with.

Liquid Gold

So many great moments already mentioned. One thing that struck me was George Thomas's interview after the game when he said there is nothing more special than winning at Wembley with your mates who you've grown up with.
Hopefully that means new contracts signed for the players Robins deems good enough.

Warwickhunt

mine was when i realised Burge had saved it and broke the Oxford players resolution, George Thomas goal is up with Houchens and 45000 city supports singing the Catherdal Song it was awsome

torchomatic

When George Thomas's shot went in, leapt out of my chair and scared the cat to death as she was on my lap. She avoided me for the rest of the afternoon.

Last edited:

Mcbean

Wore my Cov top with pride - first time for a long time
We met at the Green man before the game - first time for a long time
We celebrated those goals like nothing else on earth - first time for a long time
We saw so many smiling faces - first time for a long time
I lost my voice singing - first time for a long time
Burge looked solid - first time for a long time
We went back to the Green man after to celebrate a win - first time for long time
needs to happen again before a long time - maybe after 6 wins

st john

Best bit for me was 6 & half minutes of added on time gone, Sercombe puts the ball over the bar, ref taking a second look at his watch. I knew then we had won it.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Another great moment was realising that for that day, it was socially acceptable to sit outside a train station at 7.30AM drinking beer.

I reckon if I did the same on a Tuesday I'd get some right looks.

vow

Meeting up with Family and friends, chatting to City and Oxford fans in various boozers and of course the game itself, missed the second goal having to go for a slash, boy that Carlsberg was like pish in Wembley!

The Penguin

my best moment was when that goalmouth scramble come to bugger all.....really was dropping a nugget at that point :happy::happy::happy:
That was the point where my stream of the game dropped out.

I've never been so nervous in all my life as I was when waiting for the bloody thing to refresh :happy:

Reactions: vow

wingy

Another great moment was realising that for that day, it was socially acceptable to sit outside a train station at 7.30AM drinking beer.

I reckon if I did the same on a Tuesday I'd get some right looks.
Do you know, without wishing to sound Zenphobic it is round by me.
Well, from around 9-9.30, especially on Sundays.

sky_blue_up_north

Like everyone else I have loads but I'l go with these. The moment I stepped onto Wembley Station and started to walk up the stairs, I thought fuck me we are actually playing at Wembley, brought a tear to my eyes. The Thomas goal, the noise incredible. The Final Whistle looking at my daughter crying. The last one, the Bigi interview talking about the club the fans the community what a guy, what a day. For my kids and grand kids, everyone else's kids it will be with them forever and they will tell their grand kids about it. It will stick with me till my dying day. Still not come down yet PUSB!!!!!

Captain Dart

B-Ban-Boogie

What a day!! What a weekend!!
Sat here welling up at the memories, but the first goal noise and atmosphere will stay with me forever.
The sheer joy...

Unfortunately I missed the 2nd goal as i was watching some idiot try to headbutt a copper in the concourse in level 5 and get himself arrested. Crazy.
Everyone around was like "What is he thinking?"

Jet lag is kicking in now though from the flight home to Orlando last night.

Users who are viewing this thread