Favourite Moment (1 Viewer)

trevelfarandwide

The final whistle as I was very nervous up until then, for a moment in the match the Burge save at the end

Even though I watched highlights of the game, that goalmouth scramble after Burge's top-drawer save had my arse in pieces.

Bigi's goal celebration was brilliant, God has blessed that lad and he acknowledged the Big Man very nicely. :)

rd45

Stand up if you love city, stand up if you love city !!!

That was seriously loud and everyone joined in. Quite an emotional moment for me

I loved that as well - some prawn sandwich munchers right behind us in block 240 had been on my lad's back for standing up in the first half - so when we all sang that I had to smile. No complaints from them when we were all on our feet later.

D

Deleted member 4439

My best live moment has to be thomas' goal. Haven't felt collective joy of that magnitude for many, many years.

My best recorded moment is from watching the sky coverage of bigi's celebration. I don't have a faith, but there is something incredibly touching and heart-warming in bigi's true belief that the hand of his god was on his shoulder.

Luckily, God was pulling at his little leg in the last goal mouth scramble as well.

Ye, truly, the sun doth shine on the righteous and the city.

Captain Dart

The Thomas goal was pure quality, the eruption of City fans was class and probably my best moment
.and thanks to Will... here it is again..

clint van damme

Meeting "HUTCH 1972" at the Green Man. I arrived in London on Saturday from the North East and found that I had left my ticket at home. From the forum HUTCH 1972 got in touch met him and gave me a ticket free of charge. Great Coventry Fan. So got to see my beloved Coventry Win.

take a bow Hutch, top man!!

Terry Gibson's perm

When they scored the sound seems to take a while and then hits you imagine what it must have been like at the other end when we scored.

BlueElephant

My favourite moment was this morning where I realised I'm proud to say I support Coventry City again. Above all that all the positively I've seen on social media has been incredible and seeing Leicester fans jealous and bitter has been utterly fantastic.

Johnnythespider

Out of left field, my daughter on the coach down.
Necking a bottle of rose in around 30 mins at around 10.30.
Where did that come from? :p
Your daughter taking the bottle back to the shop at the services to swap it for a screw cap as she didn't have a corkscrew.

wingy

One that amused me was the national anthem.
It sounded pretty reasonably supported yet when I looked around me it seemed barely anyone had joined in.
Then I realised it seemed piped through the speakers.

wingy

Sadly events I believe, overtook a plan to commemorate one of Oxford's fans on the twelfth minute IIRC.
Absolutely no disrespect to the poor fellow but!

oakey

After a pint at half time I was in that nice afterglow when you love everyone wearing sky blue.
I said, to anyone who would listen, we score another and they won't get back.
30 seconds of mesmerising play later the ball hit the net, the air around me exploded. I jumped so much I nearly propelled myself from the Seventh row of the middle tier, I hugged my sister and yelled a long high pitched, some might say girly yesssssss!
Bliss. I never had any doubt we would win from that moment.

stevefloyd

Just an amazing occasion all our fans being together was sooooo fucking special jumping up and down with the guy in front my son hugging me when the goals went in my best mate of nearly 40 years being with me success for my/our team again scoring goals at Wembley can't name 1 special moment it was all special thank you to all our fans and team and management for a truly truly special day

Terry Gibson's perm

Another of mine was getting a message from my brother on the way down to say he was going after he had said no a load of times and then getting into the stand and he was there having a beer we were in block 242 and he was in 241

Astute

Got home last night. What a brilliant weekend. Had such a good time that my son slept for about 5 hours of the drive home. We only had a few hours sleep Saturday night and I was up all Sunday night. Ended up at a party in Chelsea :smuggrin: And my son was to blame for that. Wouldn't stop chatting up the women all weekend. Dread to think what he will be like when he is old enough. Just starting to get my voice back.

So many great memories. Met some great people. Met Harries's family after the game. Lovely people. One that made me laugh was talking to an Oxford supporter. Said he had to cover his ears up when we scored. Loudest thing he had ever heard.

Think the best for me was when my little boy told me that he had the best time of his life. And asked if we could go again next week to win the cup again :smuggrin:

Really looking forward to next season now. Just a shame that Robins never came in earlier and sorted everything out.

Only bad thing all weekend was someone taking my sons scarf in the Arch pub after the game. He wanted to take it to school to show his mates as it had the date of the game on it. But the upset never lasted long as there were more women for him to chat up :wideyed:

Users who are viewing this thread