Favourite Ever Cov City Player ? (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

Peter Ndlovu for me. He was the first player I ever really idolised as a kid. Also, my first ever kits were the sky blue pony kit and the purple and yellow away kit. So this is my favourite ever away kit and player all rolled in to one
a9c77dd2d2a05fc1ecdfbd2486f7a5ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Seen that pic a million times but those sleeves always take me by supprise. Those flapping in the wind must are hardly aerodynamic 😬

Alkhen

Huckerby was the first player asked my dad to get printed on my shirt.

Shame he doesn't really come across that arsed with Cov these days

Evo1883

Huckerby was the first player asked my dad to get printed on my shirt.

Shame he doesn't really come across that arsed with Cov these days

He always speaks fondly of his time at City to be fair

torchomatic

Ring Of Steel

Dublin whelan huckerby will always be that bit special to many of us who were growing up as teenagers in the 90s

Not many city fans talk about soltvedt do they? Remember him

of course- true story about him, during his very first training session at Ryton someone broke in and stole his engraved Rolex which had been presented to him after Rosenborg played Juventus in the Champions League as he won man of the match

Magwitch

Loved him, the JH team is often discussed and we tend to forget what an important cog in that wheel he was.

Reactions: TTG

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bloody hell BBR! You've set a task here! Gonna have to choose my favourites, (note the plural!). Anyway, here goes:
Tommy Hutch
The Hud
Bobby McDonald (probably rates as my all time favourite!)
Ernie Machin
Willie Carr
Mick Ferguson
Mick Coop
I can't go on because I would be naming just about every player from our era! ;)

bringbackrattles

Bloody hell BBR! You've set a task here! Gonna have to choose my favourites, (note the plural!). Anyway, here goes:
Tommy Hutch
The Hud
Bobby McDonald (probably rates as my all time favourite!)
Ernie Machin
Willie Carr
Mick Ferguson
Mick Coop
I can't go on because I would be naming just about every player from our era! ;)
I had that dilemma on Saturday night as I said I've got half a dozen. But we agreed just the one. I know who Otis would pick but he's not joined in yet !

stupot07

Peter Ndlovu for me. He was the first player I ever really idolised as a kid. Also, my first ever kits were the sky blue pony kit and the purple and yellow away kit. So this is my favourite ever away kit and player all rolled in to one
a9c77dd2d2a05fc1ecdfbd2486f7a5ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Me to, the one player that never failed to get me out of the seat everytime he got the ball.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cov kid 55

Maybe it’s age, but despite the great players we’ve had over the years (Hutchinson, Dublin, Nilsson etc etc) it’s hard for me to look beyond the 60’s heroes, Hudson, Gibson, Machin, Rees, Willie Carr (who I always pretended to be on a football pitch), big George. The 60’s in Cov, a thriving City and a thriving football club, what a time to be alive! Modern era, was oh ah Lloyd McGrath the best destroyer we ever had?

pipkin73

Favourite, not best so has to be Speedie then Wise.
I went to games waiting to see what they would do.
After that Gynn, Dublin, Huckerby, for a short time Quinn and really started to like Livingstone, as one of our kids he hit the ground running.
Loads i could say so not really an easy answer. Regis, Bennet were great at the time but can't just say 2nd lot FA Cup winning team lol.
Having lived abroad for 15 years it's hard to judge another player in the lower leagues via internet radio, ifollow and dodgy streams, it's why i don't say much on match threads. If i have to go for a modern day one then (remember you said favourite not best) Doyle for giving it his all like LLoyd McGrath, (not including loan players).
Latest players, then someone like JJ.
I love to see a player who will get me off my seat through his skill or by battling.

Only started following us (not supporting in 86, as my Mum brought me a CCFC tracksuit from one of the sports shops in the city centre (in 86) on sale as end of the season (cost less than a Nike one etc) (it was up a ramp and not their now).
Needed one for PE at school.
From the next season 87, i was hooked (helped that we won the FA Cup), my Mum chose well :) and i don't blame her for every year after (or am i just being nice) lol.

Users who are viewing this thread