Favourite Ever Cov City Player ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

In the pub on Saturday night a group of us were discussing great players who have turned out for us over the years.
Taking it in turns we had to choose our favourite ever player not necessarily the best. I had a few players in mind but chose George Hudson as mine. A no nonsense centre forward, hard as nails, scoring goals with his head and feet, just a fantastic striker for us.A younger bloke chose Huckerby which was met with approval. So who's your favourite ? Any era.

Ring Of Steel

In the pub on Saturday night a group of us were discussing great players who have turned out for us over the years.
Taking it in turns we had to choose our favourite ever player not necessarily the best. I had a few players in mind but chose George Hudson as mine. A no nonsense centre forward, hard as nails, scoring goals with his head and feet, just a fantastic striker for us.A younger bloke chose Huckerby which was met with approval. So who's your favourite ? Any era.

Brian Borrows for me (y)

pastythegreat

Peter Ndlovu for me. He was the first player I ever really idolised as a kid. Also, my first ever kits were the sky blue pony kit and the purple and yellow away kit. So this is my favourite ever away kit and player all rolled in to one
a9c77dd2d2a05fc1ecdfbd2486f7a5ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Go with B B R and the Hud when he came completely different to other centre forwards most were just battering rams .His first touch was trapping the ball doing a shimmy leaving the Halifax player for dead and scoring a hatrick on his debut made him an instant hero.Class act.

Ring Of Steel

Robbie Keane still can't believe we had someone of that quality, absolutely electric.

controversial perhaps, but... do you think nostalgia has coloured our view of him? There can be no doubt that someone like Dublin made much more of a contribution to the club, we didn’t win a single game away from home in Keane’s one season with us. I’m not for one minute saying he was crap, but was he that good for us?

bringbackrattles

Go with B B R and the Hud when he came completely different to other centre forwards most were just battering rams .His first touch was trapping the ball doing a shimmy leaving the Halifax player for dead and scoring a hatrick on his debut made him an instant hero.Class act.
I was there for his debut too. As kids we used to go up to Norton Hill where many players lived. Stood outside Hudson's house hoping he'd come out, and he did giving us his autograph. He became to all us kids our hero !

Ring Of Steel

I was there for his debut too. As kids we used to go up to Norton Hill where many players lived. Stood outside Hudson's house hoping he'd come out, and he did giving us his autograph. He became to all us kids our hero !

Ronnie Rees was a particular favourite in my house apparently

edit... ‘my’ house but a good decade before I came along 😄

Users who are viewing this thread