Favourite Band ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

All music fans have bought records and been to concerts. But if you were asked who is your favourite ever band who would you pick ?
I've got several to choose from like ACDC, Stones, Sabbath, Motorhead, Skynyrd, and others. But my number one has to be, Free.
I never saw them live but have listened to their albums/singles, and I never get tired of them. All Right Now and Wishing Well are timeless songs, and Paul Rodgers has to be one of the best rock/blues singers of all time. So given one choice, who would get your vote ?

clint van damme

Hard to pick just one when you've been listening to music for 40 odd years but bands I've absolutely loved and still listen to and would say were my favourites include:
Velvet underground
Damned
Stiff little fingers
Jesus and Mary chain
Pogues
Stone roses
Super furry animals

Current artists who I really like Anna Calvin and Idles are a cracking band.

If I had to pick a dance act - Eat static

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Tough one. Free would be in my top three for sure.

Lucky enough to have seen them quite a few times.

Sabbath and Roxy Music are my other 2.

Covkid1968#

The heart says The Specials so I'll go with that..... but my head says one of The Small Faces, The Who or Radiohead

Otis

Oasis. Easy. Next question?
Used to be Oasis at one point, but for me it has fluctuated regularly and between many bands such as The Beatles, Beach Boys, Small Faces, Kinks, Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks, Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Kraftwerk, Devo, Human League, Eels, Granddaddy, Doves, Ben Folds Five, XTC, Cocteau Twins.

I get a new album and if I love it, the band become my latest plaything and I often just focus on them.

As I say, at the moment I am endlessly playing Editors, as they are at the Godiva on Saturday night and I am really loving them all over again and more so, having now heard their new stuff.

Last edited:

PTA

All music fans have bought records and been to concerts. But if you were asked who is your favourite ever band who would you pick ?
I've got several to choose from like ACDC, Stones, Sabbath, Motorhead, Skynyrd, and others. But my number one has to be, Free.
I never saw them live but have listened to their albums/singles, and I never get tired of them. All Right Now and Wishing Well are timeless songs, and Paul Rodgers has to be one of the best rock/blues singers of all time. So given one choice, who would get your vote ?
The answer is simple BBR, the one band you mentioned who are still kicking after all this time.

Gazolba

There are so many, but based on the number of songs of theirs that I've liked, their live performances, and their longevity, I'd have to say:
The Who.

Some other bands I've liked forever:
Fairport Convention, Eclection, Moody Blues, Byrds, Doors, Jefferson Airplane, REO Speedwagon, Dire Straits, Jags, Knack, Magnetic Fields, ABBA.

CJ_covblaze

Current favourite is Bastille. The bands I've always wanted to see live are the Scorpions, the Who, AC/DC and Blur.

CJ_covblaze

There are so many, but based on the number of songs of theirs that I've liked, their live performances, and their longevity, I'd have to say:
The Who.

Some other bands I've liked forever:
Fairport Convention, Eclection, Moody Blues, Byrds, Doors, Jefferson Airplane, REO Speedwagon, Dire Straits, Jags, Knack, Magnetic Fields, ABBA.

My parents go to Cropedy every year. They said Fairport are brilliant live.

Otis

I Love Dinosaur Jr and Jesus and Mary chain but New Order will always be my favourite and go to band if I want to listen to something.
Ha! Yes, forgot about them. Definitely one of my former favourite bands, New Order. If I played them again they probably would be all over again too. ;)

Like Dinosaur Jr as well.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
T Rex
Barclay James Harvest
ELO
Kodaline
Blimey! There's so many! But my all time favourite would have to be Pink Floyd. Seen them live and have just about everything they've ever done including solo stuff. Love 'em!

bringbackrattles

I know I said pick just one favourite band, but running Free really close has to be Led Zeppelin. Saw them when I was 17 at the Bath Festival, they were the headline act. I have liked them ever since.

xcraigx

Like Otis, had many fave band's over the years.
Currently it's....Royal Blood.

Currently mine too. They are even better live and I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times, once in Digbeth in front of a few hundred too. I'm not sure I've ever liked more than 2 albums by any other band so I'm looking forward to their third effort.

clint van damme

Current favourite is Bastille. The bands I've always wanted to see live are the Scorpions, the Who, AC/DC and Blur.
Fuck me! How did I leave Blue off my list?! Best festival performance I've ever seen at Glastonbury 2009 (I think!)
Left LCD Sound system off my list as well No way you can narrow it down to one band @bringbackrattles !!!

wingy

Never heard of them, but have to say, that's a great name for a band!

Is their first album called 'How Many Fingers can you get in a KitKat' and is the second one called 'Joan Collins'?
You nearly made a fist of things !

wingy

Nearly? So I go myself out of a hole then and didn't make an arse of myself?

Was that gramatically correct, or should I have had a colon in there?
No
Just one more didget would have been five!!
Sorry predictive fine!!

Mcbean

Its an impossible choice amongst those mentioned but i too am with HH - having one choice for my life on a desert island would be the Pink Floyd collection

Modern day stuff an outsider - Govt Mule -if you have'nt had the pleasure - varied and very prog

Users who are viewing this thread