Fargo (1 Viewer)

Otis

Billy Bob Thornton is simply wonderful in this.

I expect some awards coming his way real soon. And as for Lester? Well, what a little snivelling little shit he is and his ego and need to be accepted as some sort of god damn hero or superstar meant he just couldn't resist approaching Malvo and then not letting go of the bone.

Get the feeling he considered himself to somehow been on the same plane as Malvo, on a equal footing, where as far as Malvo is concerned Lester is just some pitiful, insignificant little ant to be trodden on whenever he feels like it.

I wonder if there will be a second series? Really torn over this. Half of me really wants it, but the other half says no, let's go out in a blaze of glory and end the whole thing after one season and let it stand there as a classic.

Second series could be great, but could also just be a step too far and have it losing it's magic.

The way things built last night makes me think that next week is going to be rather bloody and that it will all end in tears for many of the characters. Not sure now where else you can go with Lester anyway though in terms of a second series.He's gone from an insignificant little nobody to salesman of the year and snivelling, coniving little shit.

Expecting Malvo to survive mind. Think he may well end up running a kids' sweet shop or him becoming a real estate agent or something as inane.

What a great character he is.

Otis

Okay, just found out there is a series 2.

Don't panic though, apparently it looks like it may well be a totally different cast. Billy Bob Thornton only signed up for one series and the writer has hinted at new characters and a new cast.

Oh and as for the final epsiode, Noah Hawley, the writer, when asked what the fans should expect from this season's final episode, had just one word to say: "bloody."

lordsummerisle

Was all for Team Lester beforehand, really thought he'd blossomed and come out of his shell.

Now just think he's a right snivelling c**t.

Really thought that his missus was going to get it during the car ride whilst she was telling her "Cinderella" story, just thought a bullet would come through the window or a car through the side of the door to kill her, but brilliantly worked.

Think the best scene last night was between Mollys dad and Malvo in the diner, could have cut the tension with a knife. Do wonder what happened in Sioux Falls though?

"Tonight i'm going to stick my WHOLE thumb up your ass"

"Aces".

wingy

Lillyhammer is also freaking brilliant, played a lot more for laughs, but still got a dark edge..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00x1c6f

BBC4 showed series one, but series 2 has been bought by Netflix :mad:

If you like a bit of twisted violence in your drama ,Utopia is available as a box set on demand C4 and re-running currently .New series to follow soon .Didn't watch all of It first time round but set In London IIRC ,so didn't get the Plot but gripping .

Nick

Administrator
Was all for Team Lester beforehand, really thought he'd blossomed and come out of his shell.

Now just think he's a right snivelling c**t.

Really thought that his missus was going to get it during the car ride whilst she was telling her "Cinderella" story, just thought a bullet would come through the window or a car through the side of the door to kill her, but brilliantly worked.

Think the best scene last night was between Mollys dad and Malvo in the diner, could have cut the tension with a knife. Do wonder what happened in Sioux Falls though?

"Tonight i'm going to stick my WHOLE thumb up your ass"

"Aces".

tumblr_n72pez8q0v1r9d3blo3_500.gif

J

Jack Griffin

Young Malvo? I'm sure they'll be a prequel series one day.. :eek:

J

Jack Griffin

If you like a bit of twisted violence in your drama ,Utopia is available as a box set on demand C4 and re-running currently .New series to follow soon .Didn't watch all of It first time round but set In London IIRC ,so didn't get the Plot but gripping .

Saw it when first aired.. that was more a dystopian tale of paranoia & conspiracy.. not as much humour.. but there was enough to keep me glued to the end.

Series 2 airs in July they're saying..

Nick

Administrator
Episode 10 available on all good e-retailers ;)

Downloading now so will try to watch tonight and tell you all how it ends!!

Otis

Episode 10 available on all good e-retailers ;)

Downloading now so will try to watch tonight and tell you all how it ends!!

Right, broadband unplugged. Mobile data off. Blinkers and ear muffs on.

Otis

Sorry can't hear you and unable to read your post.

My broadband and mobile date turned off.

lordsummerisle

Saw it when first aired.. that was more a dystopian tale of paranoia & conspiracy.. not as much humour.. but there was enough to keep me glued to the end.

Series 2 airs in July they're saying..

Really liked Utopia, glad it got a second series.

When is the second series of The Returned coming to screen? Loved that, though have a "Lost" fear that they might not really have an ending and drag it out for a few series.

Otis

I really liked Utopia, though did feel it lost its way a bit as it wore on.

First couple of episodes were excellent.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Last one tonight may you all have a blessed day

Otis

So did I.

I said Lester would go to Lou's Diner and order a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of ginger ale.

wingy

The Phylosophy was majored tonight ,Foxes Rabbits and Cabbages tbf more logic,and the special effects when he straightened out that compound fracture .

Otis

Well i reckon Lester was the cabbage.

Be interesting what they do for the 2nd series. Can't see how they can have all new characters. It wouldn't work having yet another small knit, snowbound community where all mayhem breaks loose.

I think they need to keep at least Molly as the police chief. Can't see how an audience would accept the same degree of chaos and bloodshed in a completely new little town and scenario Also the fact of where they set this with the way of life and the accents etc. It works so brilliantly and adds the touches of humour.

They will at least have to have some tie in to Bemidji and Fargo I would have thought.

The writer says new characters, new story.

Anyone else any thoughts?

J

Jack Griffin

Yes, the fox and rabbit thing confused me :(

Didn't you know that old one.. next series It'll be a donkey on a rope in a field.

It was carrots when I first heard it..

So is series 2 the Souix Falls incident with an all new cast.. unless Lester is a damn good underwater swimmer..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread