Fargo (1 Viewer)

wingy

building nicely ..
Watched the " Big White" ,with Robin Williams in the Lead during the week ,bloody excellent ,reminded me very much of this in the writing style and production .

Brilliant soundtrack running through It as well ,mostly provided by the Excellent Mark E.

J

Jack Griffin

According to Wikipedia there are 8 episodes, so you may well be right in saying 5.;)

The one I saw last week was where Malvo killed the dog and Lester received a visit from the 2 hitmen/thugs.

I'm wondering what side effects the doctored medication will have on Stavros Milos.. :thinking about:
Episode 1.04: Eating the Blame is screening on Channel 4 in the UK, Sunday May 11th, at 9pm.

Sky_Blue_Daz

So after he tasered the hitman why didnt he steal the car

Otis

Why didn't he do the other one too?

Cos he's a scaredy cat and the other bloke was bigger and even more intimidating?

I too wondered about the car, but I just put it down to Lester being a bit of a coward, really scared and just wanting to get out of there as quickly as he could. It would also mean his having to get the car keys out of the pocket of one of the 2 hitmen.

Makes sense when you think about it.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody else getting a bit bored of it? It doesn't quite seem as gripping at the start, maybe it is just because there are no knives going into heads etc.

Otis

Anybody else getting a bit bored of it? It doesn't quite seem as gripping at the start, maybe it is just because there are no knives going into heads etc.

I loved last week's, but of course, you're a week ahead.

Especially loved the little scene with Lester going in to buy socks and coming out with a shotgun and Malvo doing the deal with the guy selling stuff from his van.

Fresh as ever for me. Loving it.

Otis

Not that ahead, although I might watch the 6th tonight.

I need more action :(

Ohh! bugger. You've been doing such a sterling job, Nick. When you say an episode isn't quite as good I lower my expectations and then when it comes on I enjoy it all the much more.

wingy

I loved last week's, but of course, you're a week ahead.

Especially loved the little scene with Lester going in to buy socks and coming out with a shotgun and Malvo doing the deal with the guy selling stuff from his van.

Fresh as ever for me. Loving it.

And all that Philosoph he tails the cop home and the Intimidation of the Neighbourhood watch character .

Otis

Thought tonight's was on a bit of a wane, but then came that shoot out scene in the house and the brilliantly stylised hitman scene in the snow. That was brilliance.

From the jaws of defeat came a flash of true class.

WestEndAgro

Just started series 5 of Breaking Bad, what a masterpiece , thanks Walt for a incredible journey, I've been wondering what will replace it, sounds like it could well be Fargo thanks for the tip.

Otis

It keeps throwing up these gems of stunning scenes this show and last night was no exception.

The real gem of a scene last night was where Malvo went into that multi-storey building and the whole scene was played from the outside. That was brilliant and a real beauty. Loved it. Hear everything, see nothing. Deliciously comedic too with the two incompetent FBI guys on stakeout discussing food options, totally oblivious to the bloodbath that is ensuing inside.

Fantastic. I love this series so much.

Last edited:

Otis

Might just bag myself one of these souper dooper t-shirts I think!

39a577ce7497e862848e505d5f44051c.jpg

2ec493cdaac5f92ca5578f8a18ab7e90.jpg

Otis

After last week's slightly weaker effort in the series tonight's episode was bang on the money. Understand the need for the weaving and layering of the story and the moving of the tale forwards that occured in last week's epsiode, as you could see it was to be a scene setter for the future of the series and a build up to it all exploding .... or indeed, imploding.

Well we saw the fruition of that tonight and you could have cut the tension with a knife. Real barnstormer of an episode. Can't wait now for next week's finale.

Fab stuff.

wingy

After last week's slightly weaker effort in the series tonight's episode was bang on the money. Understand the need for the weaving and layering of the story and the moving of the tale forwards that occured in last week's epsiode, as you could see it was to be a scene setter for the future of the series and a build up to it all exploding .... or indeed, imploding.

Well we saw the fruition of that tonight and you could have cut the tension with a knife. Real barnstormer of an episode. Can't wait now for next week's finale.

Fab stuff.

Totally concur ,very little apparent In last weeks but boy did it come through tonight.

Nick

Administrator
It was an action packed one tonight that's for sure!

Quite cold of him to send his wife in to get shot though...

Nick

Administrator
I was half expected the fella's daughter to get shot or something along those lines.

The finale will be online by Wednesday so will try to hold out until Sunday if I can! I doubt it though but I won't post spoilers!

wingy

I was half expected the fella's daughter to get shot or something along those lines.

The finale will be online by Wednesday so will try to hold out until Sunday if I can! I doubt it though but I won't post spoilers!

Having watched the film this series Is throwing me somewhat but i think she will survive ,If It bares any resemblance to the original Malvo may just meet a grisly end .

Nick

Administrator
I watched the film just after the first one, the series is a lot better but seems a bit different.

Users who are viewing this thread