Fans allowed in? - Updated! (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

One of the most dangerous misconceptions is people assuming that because they’ve had a bout of Covid that they’ve become amune to reinfection. Current research has shown that only a limited time for antibodies remaining in the body.
What we need to be sure of is any adaptions made by the T cells.
Finally, the stats on deaths is variable on both sides of the argument in that some stroke deaths are a bi product of clotting at the base of the spine. This is a side effect of Covid and sometimes not attributed.
Secondly to limit deaths to past 28 days is another variable considering that some patients are tubed for far longer.
Thirdly, as stated there are a lot of people suffering long term impacts of Covid including damaged lungs, so we should consider the quality of life not just the quantity
They lose a little lung capacity, I'm certain they would rather that over the alternative, dead.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

17% 33%

How on Earth are they gonna manage that with fans wanting tickets etc

Work out how many seats that is and distancing required. On the system put all other seats as sold/unavailable before allowing people/office staff to take bookings and no-one can accidentally overbook the seats.

cc84cov

Work out how many seats that is and distancing required. On the system put all other seats as sold/unavailable before allowing people/office staff to take bookings and no-one can accidentally overbook the seats.
It’s gonna be a nightmare getting tickets is what I mean

shmmeee

Could be the case but I didn't write 15,000 words on that so I'll just say - OK

Just going off the social researchers I follow on Twitter. Property ownership also a factor. People tend to move right wing once they have assets to protect. Age of first home ownership has been increasing last few decades.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s gonna be a nightmare getting tickets is what I mean

I get you.

Guess it'll be like a big game in first come first served or having some sort of ballot.

Once you've taken ST holders into account you probably won't have much left.

robbiekeane

Doubt it if we're still in Birmingham. Would be nearly 9k seats, our average attendance there last year was 6k. Give priority to people who went last year and it'll be fine.
I just can’t see all the coke heads actually sticking to social distancing and I can’t see how they can enforce it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes but that age used to be mid 30s and is now mid 40s heading to 50. It's all around the accumulation of capital, people used to become homeowners and have more assets at a younger age so turned more conservative as a way of self preservation/believing the system works. Now younger people are finding it increasingly difficult to buy homes and save any money they are willing to risk change/think the system is broken.

I'll stop there as I don't want to dump 15,000 words on you like I did to some poor bastard a few years ago.

Good point. Also with people living longer people aren't even inheriting until later as well.

There is a bit swings-and-roundabouts though because even though those people are 'turning right' later the fact their living longer means they still remain right wing voters for about the same amount of time, but they're spending longer as left wing in their youth/early adulthood.

Demographics aren't great with people having smaller families so less youngsters being born.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

They lose a little lung capacity, I'm certain they would rather that over the alternative, dead.
Of course it's preferable to dying. Pretty ridiculous statement. It isn't nice though, I have already said on another thread about my experience so won't repeat but I can tell you it's pretty shit, so unless you've been through it yourself, I wouldn't pass it off as fine.

Kieranp96

Of course it's preferable to dying. Pretty ridiculous statement. It isn't nice though, I have already said on another thread about my experience so won't repeat but I can tell you it's pretty shit, so unless you've been through it yourself, I wouldn't pass it off as fine.
I became ill in Feb whether it was ths virus or not I have no idea, I just stayed in bed for a few days then started to recover haven't been ill since and I've bene with people who tested positive for covid since I really should take a antibody test but to busy.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I think there is a general ignorance as to how severe post-viral effects can be (not just Covid). People see ‘mild case’ and assume it will be like a cold. I had a viral respiratory illness when I was 30 that triggered an autoimmune condition, so that ended my football career. ;)

One thing I would say, I pushed myself to get back to 5 a side after a few weeks and in hindsight there was no way I should have been running around like a maniac. I guess I’ll never know if it had an effect on what followed, but I didn’t stop coughing for about 3 hours after playing and only lasted another few days at work before I was signed off for what turned out to be 6 months. Might be worth getting a medical opinion on when it’s a good idea to ramp up the miles again.

usskyblue

‘FANS ALLOWED IN’

Covid:

tenor.gif

chiefdave

Part of the problem is singing / shouting makes the 1 metre plus, or 2 metre, or whatever it is this week, distancing ineffective.

We struggle to get people to sit in the right seats, can you imagine the chaos with stewards trying to get people in the right seats, wear masks and not sing or shout?

BornSlippySkyBlue

I guess having that St Andrews Season ticket May come in handy then after all
As a serious point though, if there were 6k season ticket holders last season and the capacity this (start of) season is 5k, how do they allocate those tickets? Glad I haven’t got to make that call.

SeaSeeEffCee

As a serious point though, if there were 6k season ticket holders last season and the capacity this (start of) season is 5k, how do they allocate those tickets? Glad I haven’t got to make that call.
Nah, it can't have been that many surely? Season ticket holders are added on automatically and pretty sure we had some sub 6k crowds? Think it was more like 3.5-4k

BornSlippySkyBlue

Nah, it can't have been that many surely? Season ticket holders are added on automatically and pretty sure we had some sub 6k crowds? Think it was more like 3.5-4k
You’re probably right about us, the figures may be out, but the point still stands. How to allocate tickets if demand exceeds supply? Maybe we’ll be ok (in the sense that we were screwed anyway, so it won’t make that much difference) but how will Man U allocate 15k tickets (or whatever it is?). Don’t see how it’s workable.

Liquid Gold

Just going off the social researchers I follow on Twitter. Property ownership also a factor. People tend to move right wing once they have assets to protect. Age of first home ownership has been increasing last few decades.
That’s what I said in my first message

Magwitch

There wasn’t 6000 season ticket holders last season more like 3000/3500
gates were not often higher than 6000 home fans, crept above a bit just before the shut down.

BornSlippySkyBlue

There wasn’t 6000 season ticket holders last season more like 3000/3500
gates were not often higher than 6000 home fans, crept above a bit just before the shut down.
You’re probably right about us, the figures may be out, but the point still stands. How to allocate tickets if demand exceeds supply? Maybe we’ll be ok (in the sense that we were screwed anyway, so it won’t make that much difference) but how will Man U allocate 15k tickets (or whatever it is?). Don’t see how it’s workable.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure why people think it'd be hard to allocate tickets, even if capacity is less than the number of last season's ticket holders.

First, you allow last years season ticket holders a period of time to claim their seat for next year on a first come first served basis. Once the seats are gone "SOLD OUT" goes up and if you've not renewed yet then that's unlucky.

Users who are viewing this thread