Fankaty Dabo (1 Viewer)

King Robins

Considering we earn about £9m a year for being in the Championship and he's so key to our game that's where I'd start the bidding at.
I agree,his value should be around that figure with a couple of add ons possibly.

Could see a huge improvement from last week by having him back in the squad tonight.

SkyblueTexan

I’d be tempted to add a cheeky £10m+ release clause in there as a plus for both parties
If Eze can go for 25m, I think Dabo can. Don’t want to settle for 10m and don’t want to sell at all if possible.

B-Ban-Boogie

Hamer is a great player but seems more defensive minded than Walsh, so it's great that Dabo can go it alone when there isn't someone available for an infield pass.
I think the reason Hamer was more defensive today was that Shippers is more of an attacking midfielder (or attack minded) so he needed to sit and protect the back four. (aka Kelly).
When Kelly returns, he'll sit in that deep protection role and that allows Hamer to work his magic further up the the pitch.
Its a great problem to have..

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think the reason Hamer was more defensive today was that Shippers is more of an attacking midfielder (or attack minded) so he needed to sit and protect the back four. (aka Kelly).
When Kelly returns, he'll sit in that deep protection role and that allows Hamer to work his magic further up the the pitch.
Its a great problem to have..

Or we might see Sheaf in the protector role so Hamer can be more creative, leaving one of Allen or Shipley to partner O'Hare.

SlowerThanPlatt

If Eze can go for 25m, I think Dabo can. Don’t want to settle for 10m and don’t want to sell at all if possible.

He is worth more to us than another team would pay. In all honesty he’s worth a few million, not particularly young and we are a club who needs the money rather than someone pumping millions in every year

SleepyGinger

Every player has their price it’s how we have to operate. If we have a good season Dabo, hamer, ohare and others could make us a lot of money in a year’s time and help us to establish ourselves at this level and push on.

Liquid Gold

Every player has their price it’s how we have to operate. If we have a good season Dabo, hamer, ohare and others could make us a lot of money in a year’s time and help us to establish ourselves at this level and push on.
I'm sure Badlan is already looking round for replacements and improvements for every member of our squad.

Gint11

The good news is Dabo and O Hare will help guide us to a respectable finish in the championship this season. The sad news is both will be subject to offers in the summer, possibly January which will be good for the coffers but not for the team. But then again that’s our model.

SlowerThanPlatt

Matty Cash right back from Forest went to Villa for £16m. A good year in the Championship for Dabo and that should be the benchmark.

He’s 23 and made 123 appearances for Forest. Dabo would be approaching 28-29 by the time he makes that many.

We are aiming to be self sustainable. Forest are owned by a rich Greek. It’s a pointless comparison

Sky Blue Harry H

Considering we earn about £9m a year for being in the Championship and he's so key to our game that's where I'd start the bidding at.

In which case, I'm bidding £15m. let's keep pushing the price up until Liverpool are forced to up it to £40m (pays for any stadium, outside which we'll insist on a statue of Fankaty)

SlowerThanPlatt

It is a reasonable comparison if Fankaty is as good/better now. He's only 24 (hardly towards the back end of his career)

It’s not because we’re aiming to be self sustainable. If we had some millionaire pumping in millions then all would be fine and we wouldn’t have to sell our players unless we got top money.

Brentford’s owner has put in over £100m since 2017

BornSlippySkyBlue

He is worth more to us than another team would pay. In all honesty he’s worth a few million, not particularly young and we are a club who needs the money rather than someone pumping millions in every year
Think that’s the key thing, I can’t see us getting as much for Dabo as he is worth to us. Selling him for a few million (if we then got relegated) would be financial madness. Someone offers >£10m then we’ve got a choice to make, someone offers £5m I hope we tell them where to go personally (unless we really did need the money quickly).

Sky Blue Harry H

It’s not because we’re aiming to be self sustainable. If we had some millionaire pumping in millions then all would be fine and we wouldn’t have to sell our players unless we got top money.

Brentford’s owner has put in over £100m since 2017

Why do we have to sell for a lower price just because we're being self sustainable? I get that we might have to sell a player (or two) at some point to achieve that, but you would think that the 'owners' can see the different market value of 'wanted' players in this division. If Matty Cash was owned by us are you saying we should accept less for him than Forest did (just because we have different business models?)

SlowerThanPlatt

Why do we have to sell for a lower price just because we're being self sustainable? I get that we might have to sell a player (or two) at some point to achieve that, but you would think that the 'owners' can see the different market value of 'wanted' players in this division. If Matty Cash was owned by us are you saying we should accept less for him than Forest did (just because we have different business models?)

I am not saying we should I am saying it is reality of a club which has no home ground and owners who will not pump money into the club like other Championship clubs. Forest do not need to sell to survive, we do. Therefore our position is considerably weaker

robbiekeane

It’s not a question of principle or should / it’s a reality. The point is forest didn’t need money really, so they can hold out for a larger fee and the buying club knows they will need to offer a substantial number for them to sell.

For us, we need money. The buyers know that. It’s part of our model. So our breaking point is a lot lower.

That clubs on a sounder financial footing can demand larger fees isn’t really up for debate

Sky Blue Harry H

It’s not a question of principle or should / it’s a reality. The point is forest didn’t need money really, so they can hold out for a larger fee and the buying club knows they will need to offer a substantial number for them to sell.

For us, we need money. The buyers know that. It’s part of our model. So our breaking point is a lot lower.

That clubs on a sounder financial footing can demand larger fees isn’t really up for debate

Sorry but if we sell our bananas for 50p and the shop up the road sells the same bananas for £5, then more fool us. (owners please note)

Sky Blue Harry H

More likely for our owner to sell the bananas for £5 but allow just 50p to spend
That's better than selling for 50p and allowing 5p to spend. Plus if people talk about us balancing the books, then selling for a higher price means we have to sell less players. Common sense.

superskyblue

He’s 23 and made 123 appearances for Forest. Dabo would be approaching 28-29 by the time he makes that many.

We are aiming to be self sustainable. Forest are owned by a rich Greek. It’s a pointless comparison
Don't think it is. Matty Cash had one season at right back in the Championship. Dabo will be 25 by the time he makes one season's worth of Championship appearances at right back.

SlowerThanPlatt

Don't think it is. Matty Cash had one season at right back in the Championship. Dabo will be 25 by the time he makes one season's worth of Championship appearances at right back.

He was attracting interest long before he moved to right back. Apparently Leipzig bid £6m for him in 2017 when he was playing as a midfielder.

Users who are viewing this thread