Fankaty Dabo (2 Viewers)

SleepyGinger

Never knew we ever had a Dejan Sterling :geek: ?!

That Stern Dujon was a hell of a player, though...

Wonder what he will do now, another year in Chelsea academy would be a waste but not sure a championship team would take a punt on him after hardly playing for Wigan last season, maybe a European loan.

I’d take Dujon here if Dabo is prized away from us, think he’d suit this system.

Sky Blue Harry H

I’d take Dujon here if Dabo is prized away from us, think he’d suit this system.

I agree Sleepy, Dijon was mustard. Seriously though, he could play the Dabo role (although I've rarely seen a player use the limits of the touchline as cleverly as Dabo - fools defenders time and time again, when they think he's run out of space on the outside)

cooperskyblue

Dabo is incredible. Pace, power gping to be huge asset for us this season and so long as we stay up will be worth a hell of a lot of money without a doubt.
Get him signed to a long term deal ASAP.

rob9872

My favourite player but as someone who has so far only played 1 game above L1 status, then if we're offered anything approaching £10m and could get perhaps Dujon back for £1m (who is also 4 years younger) and reinvest half the balance in the side, then I'd consider that good business.

Sky Blue Harry H

My favourite player but as someone who has so far only played 1 game above L1 status, then if we're offered anything approaching £10m and could get perhaps Dujon back for £1m (who is also 4 years younger) and reinvest half the balance in the side, then I'd consider that good business.

You'll change your mind Rob, if we're in the top 2 at Christmas, and Fankaty has 10 assists !

rob9872

You'll change your mind Rob, if we're in the top 2 at Christmas, and Fankaty has 10 assists !
I'll be pleased if we're in the top half at Christmas and he's had 2 assists.

AFCCOVENTRY

Max Aarons off to Barcelona from Norwich to Barcelona for £20m!

Albeit he was playing in the Premiership last season, but we are seeing more of the top European clubs now hunting in the Championship for talent. I even remember last season PSG and Dortmund sent scouts to watch McCalum.

The likes of Rose, Dabo, Hamer, O’Hare will be on the scouting databases of top clubs.

The reality is the Championship is a sweet spot for a club like us to bring through talented young players and sell for a very decent profit.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

I'll be pleased if we're in the top half at Christmas and he's had 2 assists.

He's already had one assist Rob - be gutted if he only manages one more! I agree about the first bit of your statement though, mate ;)(y)

mrtrench

Sorry but if we sell our bananas for 50p and the shop up the road sells the same bananas for £5, then more fool us. (owners please note)

Not a good analogy as a banana is considered a standard product and no two players are the same. Clearly if a buying club are prepared to pay more to a club that doesn't need to sell its because they perceive that player is worth more to them. If anything it drives up the price of our players as they consider, Dabo say, better value.

The way to realty increase a sales price is to have interest from more than one club. Our reputation as a club that develops talent helps with that, Madison and Wilson will have put us on many clubs' radar.

mrtrench

And another thought: profit is irrelevant. All that matters is our perception that we can use the money to improve the team - so for example we know of another free transfer who can step in and do an equivalent job and use the cash to strengthen and survive financially.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

£10m?!

I think if we got an offer of about £3-5m plus add ons he'd be off.

Could we replace him for that though? I'd hope we wouldn't sell anyone this window who was first team or close to it, because if they have a good half season by Jan they could go for double what they'd go for now as they'd have some proven quality and consistency at this level.

Users who are viewing this thread