Fan Unity (1 Viewer)

Bumberclart

It feels like the protest last night, Fishers reaction today and the subsequent press coverage has created more unity amongst City fans than we've had for years.
The vast majority seem to be in favour of what happened, and now realise that a fan protest doesn't have to end in disorder.

Nick

Administrator
I think it's more about understanding too isn't it?

I can understand why people went on the pitch, I can't understand why people sit at home and shout NOPM and berrate the people who do go as there is no logic to it.

I can understand why the fellas in the corporate area went down with their t shirts in front of the camera, but not why people would hold up a dodgy photoshop to an empty stadium.

If I can understand it and the logic behind it then it's a lot better than something that seems completely pointless and not thought out.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Fisher mentioned contact from fan(s) who said they were disgusted at the protest, but I'm guessing they are a tiny minority.

The gripes I had was the timing and that it was bang on when it was meant to be a minutes applause for Jimmy Hill. If it was say 5 minutes in then I probably wouldn't have had any even though it's not something I'd do personally.

Captain Dart

It feels like the protest last night, Fishers reaction today and the subsequent press coverage has created more unity amongst City fans than we've had for years.
The vast majority seem to be in favour of what happened, and now realise that a fan protest doesn't have to end in disorder.

Except, see the appalling Les Reid on twitter presenting a misleading image about the way the fans feel.

and his equally out of touch buddy Rob Stevens.

shmmeee

At least it shows NOPM is a joke and not effective as a means of protest.

Making yourself indistinguishable from a larger group that has just got bored and wandered off was never a genius protest strategy.

skybluesam66

I don't buy that the fans lost the point. But do believe they nearly won us 1. The players were much more up for it than they have been. This can't have been due to our year of a manager or chairman. I believe the players played because of the atmosphere

D

Deleted member 2477

Two things have come out of last. Ight for me. Knowing now what fisher and venus think of the fans and sisu intentions not to make this club sucesful on the pitch. Its all about sisu and money so nopm from me next season

Bob Latchford

Very true.

bringbackrattles

First home game missed this season but watched it in the pub. When the second pitch invasion came everyone in the pub cheered and clapped even a couple who ain't bothered about football said well done. I'll be there next home game verses Bolton and sod it I hope if it kicks off again we're all on the pitch and staying there !

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
All the various means of protest or challenge have slowly reunited a deliberately fractured fan base. The invasion of the pitch worked in adding great public focus to our plight together with everything else that night. A regular invasion of the pitch will damage not aid our cause imo.

However I would think that locally the media engagements with fisher yesterday is what really sharp focussed the Ccfc fans anger at him and the owners. The manner of some of his comments beggars belief and surely must have been deliberate. You cannot treat your customers and major contributors that way and not expect a very negative reaction.

So why did he take that approach?

But it has all started to reunite the fans behind a common cause

Chip Batch

Not convinced with NOPM at all. How many of those just can't be arsed now we're shit, and use it as a convenient excuse to take some supposed moral high ground?

How many would come back for good (not just for the first game) if SISU did go? It would probably be similar to the Gillingham game after Sixfields.

theferret

Not convinced with NOPM at all. How many of those just can't be arsed now we're shit, and use it as a convenient excuse to take some supposed moral high ground?

How many would come back for good (not just for the first game) if SISU did go? It would probably be similar to the Gillingham game after Sixfields.

What the other night proved, is that if you want to cause a stir and raise awareness, sitting at home not bothering, and then dressing it up as some sort of moral crusade, achieves nothing.

I have no issue with those who choose not to go because they just cannot stomach it anymore - up to them and understandable, as long as they admit to that. Those who don't bother and then who dress that up as some form of protest? Hmmm. Not convinced by that one bit - but willing to accept there may be a handful who do that who are genuine.

Terry Gibson's perm

Nopm hasn't worked this new wave of protest may or may not work but at least they have tried. I can see them going on the pitch again.

D

Deleted member 2477

Nopm will harm the club based on what fish face said as sisu will just keep cutting the playing budget and selling players but they have done that anyway so why giive them money knowing its only being used to pay shareholders and not invest in the club.

If the shareholders get no revenue and top of this a whole load of bad press then surely they will start banging on js and fishers door.
It may damage the club but what other option is there unless you want to go with Grendel the almighty option of filling the ground which would never happen but if it did the money wouldnt go towards the squad but straight into js handbag as per fishers comments

Nick

Administrator
Nopm will harm the club based on what fish face said as sisu will just keep cutting the playing budget and selling players but they have done that anyway so why giive them money knowing its only being used to pay shareholders and not invest in the club.

If the shareholders get no revenue and top of this a whole load of bad press then surely they will start banging on js and fishers door.
It may damage the club but what other option is there unless you want to go with Grendel the almighty option of filling the ground which would never happen but if it did the money wouldnt go towards the squad but straight into js handbag as per fishers comments

How does that work though? How are the shareholders getting much revenue if they have left it to run it's self on it's own in the corner?

ccfcway

NOPM exsists with a few people and has been used as a tag line for everyone who doesn't attend but used to. 99% of those people don't post on here and have just walked away as they have got bored and had enough.

We should be talking about how to get back the lost thousands, not arguing about the 10's or hundreds making a stand.

How did this thread get derailed ?

ecky

Why do you insist your opinion is always right?

You ridicule your fellow supporters and have utter contempt for them like your some sort of god

Are you TF by any chance?

Otis

Grendel and a thread called 'Fan Unity' do not make good bedfellows.

I sincerely hope that the Grendel on here is just a persona and that outside of the virtual world he is an entirely different bloke.

Users who are viewing this thread