"Fan representation" on CCFC Board (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Is that a joke? Codetermination is commonplace in German industry. Are BMW, Daimler and Siemens doing 'badly' then?!?

Er what's that got to do with anything? Also those people are workers not customers aren't they?

skybluetony176

Worker representation on boards are a waste of time. Industry tried and it ended up badly as would this.

Anyway your chums in the trust seem to be more interested in cosying up to wasps.

You'll be cosying up to them yourself soon wont you? As the local high flying exec of their major sponsor you'll be there every home game once they're at the Ricoh surely.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Er what's that got to do with anything? Also those people are workers not customers aren't they?

You stated worker representation on boards is a waste of time. The words are just up there. You are wrong.

Just admit it. This sort of behaviour does you no favours

RoboCCFC90

Well simply what I mean is it doesn't matter if it's George Strange, The Gentleman, OSB58, the Sky Blue Trust or me, people would still whinge about who is representing the fans on the board. That said I think I could do better than the rest

I am being serious when I say this but your probably right you could. One of the most obvious things about the majority of those involved ( yes me included) is that we are more on the mature side. A younger fan, a genuine supporter with an open mind and a willingness to listen, ask questions and with no set agenda would be an ideal candidate to discuss our future with our owners.
In my view we need more younger people involved in getting this club back on its feet.

In fairness the Trust would probably offer the most and rightly so, they have managed to do some good things in the last few years, the marches in particular worked to great affect..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noggin

Well simply what I mean is it doesn't matter if it's George Strange, The Gentleman, OSB58, the Sky Blue Trust or me, people would still whinge about who is representing the fans on the board. That said I think I could do better than the rest

While that is true that doesn't mean that every option is equal, Someone who has not been chosen by the fans but has been chosen because their views are most closely aligned with the owners is the worst possible choice. He doesn't represent the majority of fans ini the slightest. I'd absolutely take Grendel over John Strange he's that bad a choice. That said I'm not sure it really matters anyway, one "fan" on the board is pretty meaningless whoever it is. It's not like the owners have ever given a shit about the fans or what the fans think and they clearly haven't started now by choosing a yes man.

Personally I'd scrap the scg, I'd set up a website where each season ticket holder and club member has access, to start threads on things that matter to them, the club could put up polls, run competitions it would be very easy to set something up that gave the fans a proper voice where everyone could be heard and to allow the club to seek opinions ons things all while bringing the club and fans closer together, making the fans feel part of the club.

Steve.B50

In fairness the Trust would probably offer the most and rightly so, they have managed to do some good things in the last few years, the marches in particular worked to great affect..

But if the club dies it was all a waste of effort, we need new thoughts, different ideas, positive input, a willingness to communicate, to ask questions, to criticise all parties, not yes people but genuine enthusiasm.

When we have open meetings, why don't we get many younger supporters attending? Genuine question.

RoboCCFC90

While that is true that doesn't mean that every option is equal, Someone who has not been chosen by the fans but has been chosen because their views are most closely aligned with the owners is the worst possible choice. He doesn't represent the majority of fans ini the slightest. I'd absolutely take Grendel over John Strange he's that bad a choice. That said I'm not sure it really matters anyway, one "fan" on the board is pretty meaningless whoever it is. It's not like the owners have ever given a shit about the fans or what the fans think and they clearly haven't started now by choosing a yes man.

Personally I'd scrap the scg, I'd set up a website where each season ticket holder and club member has access, to start threads on things that matter to them, the club could put up polls, run competitions it would be very easy to set something up that gave the fans a proper voice where everyone could be heard and to allow the club to seek opinions ons things all while bringing the club and fans closer together, making the fans feel part of the club.

I don't know enough of Jonathan Strange to comment so it would be inappropriate for me to say otherwise on that matter, but I think one person can make the difference, but they need the desire and to have the right tools for the job, will Jonathan Strange get that? That's not my place to say.

On the SCG I think it should remain in the manner it currently stands, but I would agree with Steve (in his post above) whereby at some stage we are going to need an introduce a fresh new wave ideals and opinions and this may come from opinions not shared in the current group/members.

RoboCCFC90

But if the club dies it was all a waste of effort, we need new thoughts, different ideas, positive input, a willingness to communicate, to ask questions, to criticise all parties, not yes people but genuine enthusiasm.

When we have open meetings, why don't we get many younger supporters attending? Genuine question.

I'd be more than happy to do so in the future and I am sure many others would, I agree with the sense that a new influx of ideals and opinions from a current generation could be beneficial on the whole.

Steve.B50

good idea, why not put that to the SCG?
you can access the SCG through the club site and ask questions or suggest ideas.

on another note, I believe two members of the SCG will be attending the next board meeting not just JS.

Steve.B50

I'd be more than happy to do so in the future and I am sure many others would, I agree with the sense that a new influx of ideals and opinions from a current generation could be beneficial on the whole.

please do attend, your views and input are valued. We have CJ involved but he is a one off ( thank goodness).
can I personally invite you along to the next one and hear the views of the younger generation and the fans in your area of the ground who are not represented by anyone, I would like to hear what they have to say?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

I think the impression it gives it loads of old blokes moaning. Now I am not saying it is, but that is why the younger people might not. Now, if you broadcast it on Skype and do live Snapchats they may be down with it! :)

Grendel

Does he actually go to games? Thought he dislikes Coventry.

Juvenile.

Yes I do and that's all I'm interested in not promises of boardroom representation. That I leave to other people who it certainly does seem to interest

letsallsingtogether

I think the impression it gives it loads of old blokes moaning. Now I am not saying it is, but that is why the younger people might not. Now, if you broadcast it on Skype and do live Snapchats they may be down with it! :)
TBF couldn't be further from the truth. They get people with different views everyone is listened too no one shouted down even get a few older women there.
Do really need a bigger mix but can't make people go.

As for the trust being in bed with the Wasps Grendel what is your agenda? If they were not willing to meet them you would have demanded to know why.
You have really shown your true colors today what are you scared they might find out?

Maybe that it is not a hedge fund based in Malta that you felt you had to shout about from the roof tops maybe wasps genuinely want City to succeed and stay at the Ricoh which is your biggest nightmare.

Last edited:

Noggin

If they wanted to increase their fanbase, canvassing season ticket holders should probably be fairly low down their priority list.

If that was in response to me, it need not be just to season ticket holders, it could be for anyone with a supporter number who had spent say £50 over the last 12 months or something. There just needs to be someway to make sure that the people able to use the forum are proper Coventry fans and that acting maturely on the forum is necessary otherwise polls become meaningless and trolls dominate. We don't want the poll for what music should the team run out to being voted on by cheeky leicester fans.

This is more about representing the current fanbase though rather than being about increasing fan base, though I think their current fanbase would have plenty of good ideas when it comes to that, have plenty of knowledge of why their friends and families don't come or have stopped coming and by making the current fans feel more part of the club and by fixing the problems they have they increase fan retention which they desperately desperately need to do about now.

NorthernWisdom

It was in response to anyone, tbh.

But if you want to increase your fanbase, lesson #1 would be to find out what would encourage people to go who don't, not to ask those who already go what else they'd like to see.

Noggin

good idea, why not put that to the SCG?
you can access the SCG through the club site and ask questions or suggest ideas.

on another note, I believe two members of the SCG will be attending the next board meeting not just JS.

but my suggestion is to scrap them, I don't think they would appreciate the suggestion. the current system is to have a person who apparently represents a subset of fans, from what I can tell from reading the SCG minutes this system doesn't work. The people aren't elected, have no way of actually canvassing their people, the list of people who don't attend is massive. Being badly disabled myself I've never had my opinion sort by anyone from ccfc or the person who represents disabled fans.

Untill we have owners that care about the club though it's all meaningless anyway, it's putting a plaster on the amputated leg, and rubbing some cream into the compound fracture on the other leg.

I wouldn't be welcome at an scg meeting, I've read the minutes where Fisher and previously labovich come out with unbelievable spin and bullshit and no one says a word, I'd be polite but there would be no way I'd be able to let it go without challenge.

Steve.B50

but my suggestion is to scrap them, I don't think they would appreciate the suggestion. the current system is to have a person who apparently represents a subset of fans, from what I can tell from reading the SCG minutes this system doesn't work. The people aren't elected, have no way of actually canvassing their people, the list of people who don't attend is massive. Being badly disabled myself I've never had my opinion sort by anyone from ccfc or the person who represents disabled fans.

Untill we have owners that care about the club though it's all meaningless anyway, it's putting a plaster on the amputated leg, and rubbing some cream into the compound fracture on the other leg.

I wouldn't be welcome at an scg meeting, I've read the minutes where Fisher and previously labovich come out with unbelievable spin and bullshit and no one says a word, I'd be polite but there would be no way I'd be able to let it go without challenge.

To be fair to Johnathan he does read out any messages that are put on the site.

Noggin

It was in response to anyone, tbh.

But if you want to increase your fanbase, lesson #1 would be to find out what would encourage people to go who don't, not to ask those who already go what else they'd like to see.

sure but this thread is about fan representation rather than about increasing the fanbase (though I think doing well at the former helps with the latter) but really increasing the fanbase would be most easily done by winning those back recently lost. Honestly I think a thread on here with 5 minutes work could list the vast majority of the reasons people have stopped going.

Now really is not a good time to try to recruit a new lot of fans, with many people you will only get one chance to hook them and if you go to a city game now for your first time you probably arn't hurrying to go back. They need to fix the issues first.

letsallsingtogether

Juvenile.

Yes I do and that's all I'm interested in not promises of boardroom representation. That I leave to other people who it certainly does seem to interest
So if you are not bothered why do you feel you have to come on this board and put your point across?
Just go to the games and comment on them.

Grendel

You stated worker representation on boards is a waste of time. The words are just up there. You are wrong.

Just admit it. This sort of behaviour does you no favours

I hate to be picky but I believe that the workers in Germany have certain legislation that actually insists on a percentage of a board having worker representation. This is I think the Supervisory board and not the actual main Board of Directors. It is a sub board more to do with day to day decision making and exists in an advisory capacity.

UK history of worker representation is, I believe a catalogue of failure in this area.

I am sure if I am wrong you will correct me. I am sure if I am right then we will see no reply.

letsallsingtogether

I hate to be picky but I believe that the workers in Germany have certain legislation that actually insists on a percentage of a board having worker representation. This is I think the Supervisory board and not the actual main Board of Directors. It is a sub board more to do with day to day decision making and exists in an advisory capacity.

UK history of worker representation is, I believe a catalogue of failure in this area.

I am sure if I am wrong you will correct me. I am sure if I am right then we will see no reply.
Not replying come off it that's your trick :)

wingy

Look ,lets not beat about the bush here .

We know this is just another Charade .

It Is just another mouthpiece Fisher can use to create dialogue ,as was the Stadium design group , vastly expanded SCG ,ETC .

The man has Zero Currency In this City or with 90% of the dwindling fan base .

He's Defunct ,Dead In the Water ,whatever Gimmick he uses to extend the abuse of the Club under their regime and particularly his tenure will yield all

to ARVO, yet deliver nothing ,NOTHING to enhance the prospects of the Team and thus the fans .

The Spiral through his corporate activities will continue, until we are milked to death.

I wonder how much he's taking out of this Club for himself ,whether It's performance related ,been addressed as per the players on Relegation etc.

What Is It for If he has to rely on the voices of others to attempt a third party form of Dialogue .

The Tool must GO!!

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

please do attend, your views and input are valued. We have CJ involved but he is a one off ( thank goodness).
can I personally invite you along to the next one and hear the views of the younger generation and the fans in your area of the ground who are not represented by anyone, I would like to hear what they have to say?

I'd be more than happy to try and help!

skybluetony176

Wow. An hour on google to have a second pop at someone. You sad git.

Anyway will you be reporting back from the Wasps game when you go?

Grendel

Wow. An hour on google to have a second pop at someone. You sad git.

Anyway will you be reporting back from the Wasps game when you go?

An hour on google? Why? Did a thesis on workers co operatives so hardly. Have a pop and someone - I think you will find the other way round. -
I know you keep blathering on about wasps - why? You do realise that the huge majority actually will have zero to do with that anyway don't you? It's not a corner shop you know and it has a pr and promotions division

shmmeee

Worker representation on boards are a waste of time. Industry tried and it ended up badly as would this.

Anyway your chums in the trust seem to be more interested in cosying up to wasps.

Ha hahahahahaha.

Wow, not even trying to agree with reality any more are you?

Grendel

Ha hahahahahaha.

Wow, not even trying to agree with reality any more are you?

Worker representation failed - it's like when councils try and run private enterprises - they fail.

Let's be honest no one on here takes you seriously anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread