"Fan representation" on CCFC Board (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So it seems that the first meeting of the board with fan representatives will be on the 4th of December with Jonathan Strange attending representing the fans

Who is Jonathan Strange?

Who does Jonathan Strange represent? Except himself of course.

Certainly doesn't represent me.

Sick Boy

Isn't he the bloke who wiped his arse with a newspaper article which asked what is the point of ccfc?

J

Jack Griffin

So it seems that the first meeting of the board with fan representatives will be on the 4th of December with Jonathan Strange attending representing the fans

Who is Jonathan Strange?

That isn't any form of representation, he doesn't have any mandate from fans, just another sop.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n...ters_club_chairman_resigns_799629/index.shtml
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...10point-penalty-over-stadium-row-8744495.html

http://reynolds.uk.com.mytempweb.com/cclsc/downloads/CCLSC_2014_AGM_Minutes_Final.pdf
The most significant event of the year was the resignation of Jonathan Strange as Chair
in July, following the unanimous decision of the 2013 AGM to issue our open letter to the
various parties involved in the Ricoh dispute. Jon was unable to attend the 2013 AGM
and requested that the committee overrule the AGM decision on this matter. At a special
meeting of the committee around a week after the 2013 AGM (which Jon did not attend),
an again-unanimous decision was taken that there was no basis on which the committee
could overrule the AGM in this matter. In response, Jonathan resigned his role of
chairman and his membership of CCLSC. We all wish Jon the best for the future. The
question of his honorary membership will be discussed as part of the Membership report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monners

Used to be Chair of London Supporters Club until he resigned (from the CCLSC also, not just Chair). Not sure why he is even Chair of the SCG as he represents no-one but himself - A point that I have made to the SCG through the CCLSC. No mandate, so can't possibly represent fans in a formal capacity.

Edit: wish I had read the attachments also - would have saved a couple of minutes of my life!

Hobo

Who is Jonathan Strange?

Do you remember the time you ha schizophrenia? Your best friend was Jonathan, strange times?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Used to be Chair of London Supporters Club until he resigned (from the CCLSC also, not just Chair). Not sure why he is even Chair of the SCG as he represents no-one but himself - A point that I have made to the SCG through the CCLSC. No mandate, so can't possibly represent fans in a formal capacity.

Edit: wish I had read the attachments also - would have saved a couple of minutes of my life!

Which is why he should have resigned from the SCG or been voted off however now he is a representative of a group that he has invented unless I am mistaken'if I am who voted for him?

bradwellskyblues

jonathon is a very pleasant chap however he has no connection to coventry whatsoever,he has befriended ms sepela and mr fisher and hence he is on the scg and now the board it is a cosmetic effort to impress the fans

Covcraig@bury

He don't represent me . How the hell has some no mark been appointed at this level unless he is a yes man ?? We need to have a vote on who we have to represent the fans.

bradwellskyblues

i can assure you he wont ruffle any feathers and by the way the board is a joke as seppala has the final say and i dont think she is even on the board

Ian1779

Fan representation needs to be far better than this.

Not sure who this guy is, but I don't think anyone connected historically should now be involved.

Personally - there should be at least 2 fans on the board. One representing the SBT as the largest group of CCFC fans, and one other elected by his/her peers.

Noggin

He don't represent me . How the hell has some no mark been appointed at this level unless he is a yes man ?? We need to have a vote on who we have to represent the fans.

he absolutely is a sisu yes man if you read the scg minutes, he was the person going after the trust and demanding they apologize or leave. Absolutely no surprise whatsoever he is the person chosen. If we are lucky enough to get new owners and start to climb out of this mess we need a full clear out of the scg, ideally a completely new way for the club to liase with the fans would be ideal because the scg has burnt all bridges when it comes to being a group that represents the fans to the club. There are much better ways for fans to be heard.

RoboCCFC90

I think a vote for the fan representation would have been better, but it's better to have at least one on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

A yes man trust group
A yes man paper - the observer
Come on SISU you are represented by strong, well educated confident people. Who are excellent in a debate.
Engage the real fans who represent the majority. Also engage the biggest paper in Coventry.
Having met TF and JS. They come across very well.
I can only assume you would hide behind a smaller paper or fans reps due to a lack of confidence in the message you are delivering.
If you have full confidence in your product or message you will face your critics with your head held high.

Last edited:

Grendel

A yes man trust group
A yes man paper - the observer
Come on SISU you are represented by strong, well educated confident people. Who are excellent in a debate.
Engage the real fans who represent the majority. Also engage the biggest paper in Coventry.
Having met TF and JS. They come across very well.
I can only assume you would hide behind a smaller paper or fans reps due to a lack of confidence in the message you are delivering.
If you have full confidence in your product or message you will face your critics with your head held high.

Worker representation on boards are a waste of time. Industry tried and it ended up badly as would this.

Anyway your chums in the trust seem to be more interested in cosying up to wasps.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Worker representation on boards are a waste of time. Industry tried and it ended up badly as would this.

Anyway your chums in the trust seem to be more interested in cosying up to wasps.

You're right the trust did meet them to voice concerns of how Wasps ownership of ACL would affect both CCFC and CRC,but then I suppose thats wrong. If you're that concerned then why not go to the SBT meeting next Monday and voice your concerns to Nick Eastwood or would that be unethical considering your position. By the way are you going to say the same thing about the SCG who are also meeting him?

dongonzalos

Hopefully SISU cody up to wasps.
They just seem to take the easy option unfortunately.

The council are out of it now so face the trust and the CET and convince them, no excuses

Steve.B50

if you are referring to me then I think you should get your facts right before opening your mouth.

Grendel

if you are referring to me then I think you should get your facts right before opening your mouth.

Why would I be referring to you? Are you on the trust?

Grendel

Hopefully SISU cody up to wasps.
They just seem to take the easy option unfortunately.

The council are out of it now so face the trust and the CET and convince them, no excuses

There is a Freudian slip here - anyone spot it?

cloughie

jonathon is a very pleasant chap however he has no connection to coventry whatsoever,he has befriended ms sepela and mr fisher and hence he is on the scg and now the board it is a cosmetic effort to impress the fans

It don't impress me!

cloughie

Swansea don't seem to be to suffering

RoboCCFC90

I think in many scenarios X, Y or Z would never be suitable for fan representation on the Club's board.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Is that a joke? Codetermination is commonplace in German industry. Are BMW, Daimler and Siemens doing 'badly' then?!?

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Can you explain exactly what this means Robo?

Well simply what I mean is it doesn't matter if it's George Strange, The Gentleman, OSB58, the Sky Blue Trust or me, people would still whinge about who is representing the fans on the board. That said I think I could do better than the rest

Steve.B50

Well simply what I mean is it doesn't matter if it's George Strange, The Gentleman, OSB58, the Sky Blue Trust or me, people would still whinge about who is representing the fans on the board. That said I think I could do better than the rest

I am being serious when I say this but your probably right you could. One of the most obvious things about the majority of those involved ( yes me included) is that we are more on the mature side. A younger fan, a genuine supporter with an open mind and a willingness to listen, ask questions and with no set agenda would be an ideal candidate to discuss our future with our owners.
In my view we need more younger people involved in getting this club back on its feet.

Users who are viewing this thread