False position (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Without the mcgoldrick them Clarke contribution this squad would be bottom 4.

Poorest squad I can remember and not even league one standard.

Nantwich Skyblues

agree.. never thought i would see the day we could potentially lose on consecutive saturdays to crawley and orient... almost brings me to tears...

Grendel

Bullshit, what a stupid comment.

Take the 2 scorers outta any team and their league position would suffer.

70% of our goals have been scored by 3 players. Who in this team do you really think is worth retaining next season? I can think of 3.

NottsCov

United wouldnt be top without RVP, Liverpool would be fucked without Suarez, Yeovil would be nowhere without Madden. Burnley would be down without Austin. That's why strikers are there.

Grendel

United wouldnt be top without RVP, Liverpool would be fecked without Suarez, Yeovil would be nowhere without Madden. Burnley would be down without Austin. That's why strikers are there.

United would be top. Burnley are neat relegation. You've tried to select teams with a striker with a high percentage of goals. This is a dire squad if players. Who would you keep? Who do you think other clubs are lining up to sign?

stupot07

So you want half of the core of our team to go?

How ridiculous

Well if SP wants to trim the squad from 34 to 24 players and wants to shake up the squad you're look at around 17-20 leaving to enable this.

And when he said 24 he alluded that it included te youngsters like Wilson, Thomas and Daniels.

SkyblueBazza

70% of our goals have been scored by 3 players. Who in this team do you really think is worth retaining next season? I can think of 3.

Those teams play to their striker's strengths. We did too when we had a potent scorer (Clarke or McG). The replacement strikers don't have particular strengths, our season is over, ours & our player's future is uncertain, a new manager with adjusted tactics & style...how many more reasons do you need to explain why we have gone backwards the last few weeks?

ricohman

I agree the squad is poor but were no different from any and i mean any team if you take away their top scorers

Grendel

I agree the squad is poor but were no different from any and i mean any team if you take away their top scorers

We concede far too many goals and have all season. We have needed two if the best three goalscorers on this league to save us. We rarely keep clean sheets. It's poor.

Delboycov

I agree with you Grendel and this season has certainly proved the old adage that quantity is no substitute for quality.

Brighton Sky Blue

We concede far too many goals and have all season. We have needed two if the best three goalscorers on this league to save us. We rarely keep clean sheets. It's poor.

Each time I've seen us the defending has been so horrendous-but so has that of the opposition. We have Joe Murphy and some dreadful strikers to thank for our goals against column not being an embarrassment.

lordsummerisle

Each time I've seen us the defending has been so horrendous-but so has that of the opposition. We have Joe Murphy and some dreadful strikers to thank for our goals against column not being an embarrassment.

Think you can probably contact Astute and Dongle for the charity money now from my bets, think it was £20 with Astute and £10 with Dongle.

I'm not counting the ten points taken off either to make it more fair.

wingy

United would be top. Burnley are neat relegation. You've tried to select teams with a striker with a high percentage of goals. This is a dire squad if players. Who would you keep? Who do you think other clubs are lining up to sign?

Why would'nt he ?

Thats exactly the point you're making about us !!:thinking about:

stupot07

So does this put to bed the myth that we have the best squad, with the most quality and strength in depth, which will show it's superiority in the last 10 games, whilst the top 6 will struggle with injuries? ;) :eek:

Nonleagueherewecome

Dunn
Cameron
Stewart
Martin
Wood
Edge
Jennings
Bell
Bailey
McShitty
McDonald
Ball

Can all fuck off

Hard to disagree with that list. Maybe Bell could turn things around if he can stay fit..big if that it is. Although I doubt anyone will want to take him off us!

Brighton Sky Blue

Think you can probably contact Astute and Dongle for the charity money now from my bets, think it was £20 with Astute and £10 with Dongle.

I'm not counting the ten points taken off either to make it more fair.

That deduction has seriously scuppered most of those charity bets-good on you for not including it but says a lot that even without it the bet's probably a dud. I don't think even Astute would've bet us to have had 4 different managers this season...

Grendel

Oh so Elliot and Hoffman were responsible for signings now were they?! What a stupid comment.

No talking about your other hero Andy "eye for talent" thorn. At least that myth had gone away.

Grendel

But really, it's only 1 because Clarke replaced McGoldrick, had we known that McGoldrick was definitely staying we wouldn't have signed Clarke.

Which flies in the face of the strong squad argument. Replace one player and we are struggling.

Users who are viewing this thread