False hope or a real chance of staying up ? (1 Viewer)

Personally i dont know what would be worse.

Playing Devil's advocate would it not be better to go down with 10 games remaining that on the last day ? That would be too painful (again)

Ever the optimist

PUSB

ccfcway

so, just in case ANYONE seriously thinks we can get out of this, I'm curious, how many points do you see us getting out of the 1st few games of 2012...

West Ham v Cov
Derby v Cov
Cov V Middlesborough
Blackpool v Cov

Astute

Maybe Deegs being back in team will give us what we have been missing. There are 4 poor teams at the bottom within 5 points and other teams on their way down. Next game at home against a side sliding down the table and lost 3/0 today. not over yet if it brings belief to the team. A defeat today would have put us down though.

Tonylinc

I'm not sure that staying up (if it means that Sisu will stay) would be a good thing.Let's face it, the chances of staying up are in any event remote. To do so we would have to produce promotion form for the rest of the season.

Astute

I'm not sure that staying up (if it means that Sisu will stay) would be a good thing.Let's face it, the chances of staying up are in any event remote. To do so we would have to produce promotion form for the rest of the season.

Remote? What odds would you give me on City staying up? You are so sure are you? Win the next game and things will be so different. we could be 2 points from safety and still certainties on going down? Millwall looked down until they went on a run. Every season at least one club that looks down get safe, and one club that looks safe ends up in trouble. We are only half way through a long season. There are a lot of twists and turns to occur before the end of the season. Yesterday's result could be the turning point of our season.

ajsccfc

so, just in case ANYONE seriously thinks we can get out of this, I'm curious, how many points do you see us getting out of the 1st few games of 2012...

West Ham v Cov
Derby v Cov
Cov V Middlesborough
Blackpool v Cov

As it stands we're five points away from clawing out of the dropzone. The teams around us all have to play these sides at times too, so although I don't fancy a bumper haul of points from them, I'd say the same for most sides having to play them too. It's what we do against the teams around us that could make the difference, as yesterday hopefully indicated.

@richh87

I'm pretty sure we're going down - but yesterday at least showed some fighting spirit and the ability to win a game.

The only way I can see us having a chance is if a takeover gets concluded in time for some decent signings.

Unlikely.

J

Jack Griffin

This feels like after the Forest win, uplifted for now but in my head I can't see a great escape coming along.
I'm still very apprehensive about what is going to happen in the January window if SISU don't sell up.

Astute

West Ham v Cov
Derby v Cov
Cov V Middlesborough
Blackpool v Cov

You keep going on about how crap we have been this season and how we are going down. We have played each of these teams already this season.

Lost 1-2 West Ham....we were unlucky if you remember
Won 2-0 against Derby
Drew 1-1 against Midds
Drew 2-2 against Blackpool

This must mean we will get 0 points in return games :facepalm:

joemercersaces

We won't get relegated next week or the week after. There is half a season to go and plenty of points to play for. If we are better in the second half of the season by five points or more we can stay up. I don't think that's impossible by any means when you consider how close many of our first half season defeats have been and how many points we have thrown away. Win against Brighton on Saturday and I think it's on. Three good or bad results in this division catapaults you up or down the table.

neilyboy67

trying to be optimistic here if we beat brighton we MIGHT only be 2 points from safety if forest and brizzle lose surely game on, confidence lifted and all that? if we get the crucial 3 points its over to sisu if they actually want to stay in this division and get some quality in the team if not were probably doomed

ccfc2011

We will stay up.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Allot depends on January.. its would appear to be accepted in some quarter's that Juke is on his way out the door, along with Sammy and perhaps Craine.

With the latter two their contracts are up at the end of the season and if we can get a little money for them now it makes sense to me. Would we miss them, Sammy's been very average at best, Craine's alright but not irreplaceable from the other players we currently have.

Juke going would be an issue, whats he got 9 ish goals in a struggling team, that not a bad return and we're unlikely to replace him.

We're kidding ourselves if we think any deal is going to be sorted out with SISU by the end of Jan, all we're getting is allot of hot air from Keys.

Whilst it was nice to get a win yesterday I think normal service will be resumed against brighton.

EleanorRigby

Doesn't give me false hope just a bit more hope than i had last Friday. Our fans and media do go over the top a bit when we win a match and that is all we have done, win a match, do the same next time then move on. Before yesterdays game i said we needed 9 wins out of 12 homes games and a few results away to have any chance of stopping up, now we need 8 wins so that's a bit of progress.

ccfc_Tom

Agree with others, if we beat brighton i might have some hope but im not holding out much hope at all.

skybluegod

West Ham v Cov
Derby v Cov
Cov V Middlesborough
Blackpool v Cov

the possibility of 12. belive COME ON!!! PUSB!!!!!!!!!!

BANANA

West Ham v Cov
Derby v Cov
Cov V Middlesborough
Blackpool v Cov

7 if we are lucky. 2 wins (Derby + Blackpool) and a draw (one of the other teams)

Users who are viewing this thread