Fallen out of love after 62 years... (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I took their phones off them to stop them texting all game and made them watch the match had a visit from social services child protection unit on the monday

Yeah thats probably because you were trying to get them to shout "tim fisher is a c*nt" and they went into school saying it. ;)

skybluedan

:whistle:
For 62 years since my first visit to Highfield Road as a ten year old, Coventry City has been my passion and love. It's like a relationship, a few ups and downs along the way but now, after 3 years or more where I have been kicked in the balls continually by the other half (CCFC/SISU).. love as been driven out. I am no longer prepared to be treated like sh*t. My beloved Sky Blues are no more...the colours have been tainted by the present owners who have no conideration whatsover for me or my loyalty over all those years. To them, they count for nothing.

I am no longer prepared to be kicked in the goolies and hurt time after time by cold hearted money men. I am not their "cash cow" anymore.

I want my love and passion to be returned in equal measures like any relationship. Maybe when (unlikely) another more loving and understanding owner takes over I may fall in love with CCFC again.

Fair play voice, but at 62 years of age I would get in as many games as you can you old git:whistle:

letsallsingtogether

The fuckers only care about one thing mate Money

Don't even think it is about that anymore.

They Didn't like it because someone decided to stand up against them, same as most bullies they are dealt what they deserve.

Snozz_is_god

Shame you weren't at the Christmas Party today for the JSBs then, VoR. The kids were treated fantastically by the club and the players. The problem is it'll be ignored by you and many others as it doesn't fit in with your "uncaring" image of our football club. OK, you feel disillusioned and you're not going anymore, etc etc, but I'm pleased to say that there is a new generation coming through who I hope will carry on following their club for many years to come.

Id love to be a fly on the wall in your house when your lad asks if he can see a Wasps game.

Snozz_is_god

Don't even think it is about that anymore.

They Didn't like it because someone decided to stand up against them, same as most bullies they are dealt what they deserve.

its still about money alright, I think their business plan is basically, make the club cash neutral, keep the academy running, blood the kids as early as you can, one or two will show they are above average and flog them as soon as possible. Keep rolling in the odd 500k / 1 million here and there until they have clawed back the so called 60 million pound investment.

so basically 10 to 20 years of mediocrity. Mark my word Ryan Haynes will be off in the January window

skybluepm2

Never fell out with my Club because of it's Owners.

Fed up of saying "I support the Manager & the Team" and that's why I went to Northampton.

That's not strictly true is it Mr Chambers? You kiss SISU's arse at any given opportunity so you DO support the owners as well as the manager and the team. Blind faith.

RFC

Shame you weren't at the Christmas Party today for the JSBs then, VoR. The kids were treated fantastically by the club and the players. The problem is it'll be ignored by you and many others as it doesn't fit in with your "uncaring" image of our football club. OK, you feel disillusioned and you're not going anymore, etc etc, but I'm pleased to say that there is a new generation coming through who I hope will carry on following their club for many years to come.

Shame more people don't post about the good things the Club do with the help of very enthusiastic volunteers, the Manager, Players & Staff were a credit at the JSB Christmas Party. Signing photo's, shirts, boots & balls etc..

Nick

Administrator
Shame more people don't post about the good things the Club do with the help of very enthusiastic volunteers, the Manager, Players & Staff were a credit at the JSB Christmas Party. Signing photo's, shirts, boots & balls etc..

Were you santa???

torchomatic

He won't. He's only interested in CCFC. You and your fellow Waspies must be disappointed.

Id love to be a fly on the wall in your house when your lad asks if he can see a Wasps game.

Higgi21

Ahh we've another "i've been a fan for a thousand years" woe is me thread.
If you're not going anymore, then don't go. Don't know why you feel the need to broadcast it. Attention seeking?

Typical hard faced statement befitting our faceless owners,get youself on SISUs right hand side my friend...........:facepalm:

hill83

How old are you my old sunshine ? When did you first go to watch CCFC ? What you may not know is that for 58 years I was treated well.

I'm in the same frame of mind as you, I've had enough. But can I just say, it's totally irrelevant how long someone has been supporting or how old they are. If I was as old as you I'd have been supporting as long as you. As I'm only 31 I haven't been supporting as long as you. I hate it when people use that as some sort of badge of honour.

Buster

I'm in the same frame of mind as you, I've had enough. But can I just say, it's totally irrelevant how long someone has been supporting or how old they are. If I was as old as you I'd have been supporting as long as you. As I'm only 31 I haven't been supporting as long as you. I hate it when people use that as some sort of badge of honour.
No its not irrelevant
The longer youve been supporting the club ,the more bad times youve been through and are still there. You could say that some one supporting fr 1 month ,6 months or a year never really got into it . Not many people would think that a long serving supporter is not a great ,great loss to ccfc. Whats all this" badge of honour" rubbish?

hill83

No its not irrelevant
The longer youve been supporting the club ,the more bad times youve been through and are still there. You could say that some one supporting fr 1 month ,6 months or a year never really got into it . Not many people would think that a long serving supporter is not a great ,great loss to ccfc. Whats all this" badge of honour" rubbish?

"Badge of honour" meaning in response to anything being said against him he comes out with "How old are you, how long have you been supporting" straight away. It's wrong.

Obviously the more long term supporters we have the better for the club, but some 90 year old who has been through more years of hard times is no 'better' or of more value than my 10 year old brother who has been going for 2 years.

So stating how long you have been going is irrelevant.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

It's a very valid thread.

Many life long fans are now hitting rock bottom as the situation gets worse with no sign of hope.

It wears one down and some don't even care about he results anymore. In fact there are some who don't even know when ccfc are playing.

Regardless of previous owners the current situation under Sisu had been a massive disaster and some say they will be the final nail in the coffin.

Sky Blue Harry H

Cheer up me old muckers - warm your Christmas cockles with a bit of nostalgia, dust yourselves down and dowse yourself with a bit of nostalgia:

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me

Richie Partridge on a pear tree (stick with it:whistle:)
On the second day of Christmas .... two Richard Duffys and a...
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me three Edjengueles, two Richard Duffys and a..

....come on boys(and gals) take it on from there....:pointlaugh: (and it's a merry Christmas from me !!)

skybluedan

Signing photos and ball, bet the jsbs had to take there own no way they managed to get some shirts out that shop

Voice_of_Reason

For 62 years since my first visit to Highfield Road as a ten year old, Coventry City has been my passion and love. It's like a relationship, a few ups and downs along the way but now, after 3 years or more where I have been kicked in the balls continually by the other half (CCFC/SISU).. love as been driven out. I am no longer prepared to be treated like sh*t. My beloved Sky Blues are no more...the colours have been tainted by the present owners who have no conideration whatsover for me or my loyalty over all those years. To them, they count for nothing.

I am no longer prepared to be kicked in the goolies and hurt time after time by cold hearted money men. I am not their "cash cow" anymore.

I want my love and passion to be returned in equal measures like any relationship. Maybe when (unlikely) another more loving and understanding owner takes
over I may fall in love with CCFC again.

Thanks for all your comments.. I am certainly not attention seeking, merely pointing out that the present owners appear to have a total disregard for the majority of supporters. I'm 72 now (not a badge of honour) and, in my 62 years supporting CCFC I have experienced more downs than many. This included relegation to Division 4 (now Division 3). However, during these "down" times not once have I felt ignored by the several owners until the present ones. I appreciate that the JSB appears to be something done, but this are a mere fraction of the total support. Previous owners did much more to include all supporters, not just a few. 62 is a long time supporting a club. yes, I supported the club because the club was also a team. Not so now. The two are separate.
It saddened me that a few felt it necessary to stoop to sarcasm when replying. However, this is a free country and if you feel sarcasm is an appropriate way to respond, that's down to you.

SkyBlueM

I understand where you are coming from VoR, I have only been going for 39 years but have struggled raise my enthusiasm for it to get off my arse and go watch. Been to three games since we've been back so far - although it is a three hour round trip these days. I still get pissed off when we lose and jump around when we win and shout at the telly during final score so i guess there is still some hope for me.

Users who are viewing this thread