Fair play to Thorn (3 Viewers)

Stevec189

I think he has done his best but he's not a manager and never will be.

I don't pretend to know where we can pick up a manager who knows the lower leagues and can get us out of the 3rd tier at the first attempt. I will leave that to those who watch the game rather than just Coventry.

Any thoughts?

Sir Alec Fergirson, or any other genius could not have operated when the owners tell you one thing and do another. We will never know how good a manager Thornis or isn't he has not been given a fair crack of the whip. He said he is very hurt and upset by the things that have been done to him and said to him. He has been badly treated by people who have no football knowledge whatsoever.

As for a manager who knows these lower leagues - step forward Micky Adams....!

PUSB

Astute

now why dont you just do one...:jerkit:

Don't worry little boy. School in the morning for you. Maybe by the time you leave school you will have a bit of intelligence to work out things for yourself and come to the correct conclusion

jabharty

Can I just say to the people who think that Thorn will be sacked for this......
SISU Don't give a shit about the club, so they most likely didn't see the interview, and nor intend to.

Otis

SISU Don't give a shit about the club, so they most likely didn't see the interview, and nor intend to.

Not sure Sisu even knew we were playing tonight!!

Lets not forget we had a high profile Manager last season and he would of had us relegated with his hoof ball if Thorn had not saved us. You cant call Thorn as a manager any more than you could call Lewis Hamilton if he was given a car with no engine.

We were odds on for relegation in the summer when SISU destroyed the squad. I am only surprised we were not down by Xmas.

sylus

Don't worry little boy. School in the morning for you. Maybe by the time you leave school you will have a bit of intelligence to work out things for yourself and come to the correct conclusion

:claping hands:...i left school a long time ago....30yrs...matey..

Too little, too late, Andy....a far cry from your comments earlier this season....SISU are to blame, but this was an attempt to deflect the blame away from his own shortcomings...losing tonight was a joke.

Was the team motivated? I didn't see it.

I'd have more respect if AT had said that the blame is shared.....including his own failings, and some of the players.....especially the senior pros, McSheff, Bell and Clingan seem disinterested....

sw88

Chief Commentator!

They probably don't even no there was a game tbf, and the odds are they probably don't listen to CWR whether theres a game or not. So they'll be none the wiser to his comments

Nonleagueherewecome

:claping hands:...i left school a long time ago....30yrs...matey..

Week before O-level exams began, wasn't it? ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

Is it really dangerous to sniff this lighter fluid?

It may be wiser to bath in it, then light a match. I'm just amazed I made it over the footbridge and home in one piece tonight, really.

skyblue_rich

He has come out on Mercia and said."I've had no help whatsoever". "You dont replace your quality, you've got no chance". Y chance your tone in between interviews with cwr and Mercia. He only implied at cwr, now full on saying it

sylus

seems like you are all thorn lovers....bless!....if your happy with relegation into league one..hey...you've got what you wanted...you can all have a group hug now..

Clingan didn't seem too disappointed to me in his interview? Just waffle....

Like 'we had 22 shots and enough chance to win 3 games'.....

We won't see this serial-relegation candidate fighting to get us back up next season. He'll look for his next pay-check from the next mug-Championship outfit.

Nonleagueherewecome

He has come out on Mercia and said."I've had no help whatsoever". "You dont replace your quality, you've got no chance". Y chance your tone in between interviews with cwr and Mercia. He only implied at cwr, now full on saying it

'Cos he knows nobody is listening on Mercia? ;)

Thanks for being tonight's Designated Listener and letting us know what he said, though! You took one for the team.

Nonleagueherewecome

seems like you are all thorn lovers....bless!....if your happy with relegation into league one..hey...you've got what you wanted...you can all have a group hug now..

You might have noticed that the people who aren't blaming Thorn entirely do have other targets in mind...

Astute

seems like you are all thorn lovers....bless!....if your happy with relegation into league one..hey...don't worry.....I am just an idiot who knows nothing about football

Thanks for telling us what we already know about you.

Macca

End of the day, the seasons all but done. We ve been let down by our owners, for the first half of the season by an inexperienced manager and by players who you would expect more of. The only people to come out of it with any credit are some of the youngsters and the long suffering fans. The equalizer against Peterborough did it for me. It's all been academic from then. One thing I know, come August I ll be up for it again

PVA

Have nothing but huge amounts of respect for AT. Regardless of his managerial ability he's put up with a hell of a lot of shit that previous managers wouldn't.

We'd have gpne down with this squad with Adams, Dowie, Coleman or Boothroyd in charge.

rob9872

Heard the interview, once again he implied but never really said anything. In part down to the pathetic interviewing techniques of Geoff Foster. The questions repeat themselves, none are searching and lead him to the opportunity of dishing out the same old drivel which Foster laps up.

Users who are viewing this thread