Transfer Rumour Fabio Kaufmann (1 Viewer)

capel & collindridge

Eintracht Braunschweig... When I first read it I thought it was a fake club! Bundesliga 2.

Thanks Jj13. I've found it. Both Wurzburger Kickers and Eintracht Braunsschweig got promoted this this season from the German third tier. Wurzburger were 2nd and Eintracht 3rd. That would be like a 27 year old regular at Rotherham signing for Wycombe. I can't immediately think of any 27 years old Rotherham or Wycombe player I would be delighted for City to sign for £400,000 (450K euros)

Magwitch

Thanks Jj13. I've found it. Both Wurzburger Kickers and Eintracht Braunsschweig got promoted this this season from the German third tier. Wurzburger were 2nd and Eintracht 3rd. That would be like a 27 year old regular at Rotherham signing for Wycombe. I can't immediately think of any 27 years old Rotherham or Wycombe player I would be delighted for City to sign for £400,000 (450K euros)
Traditionally Germany produced better footballers than we do.

Nonleagueherewecome

Traditionally Germany produced better footballers than we do.
Whilst that is true, their club structure (like the rest of the world) is much smaller in depth of quality and third and fourth tiers have been semi-pro until recently and feature B teams. Whereas we have players earning a pro wage lower than Conference North/South...

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

The German league system has a peculiarity that distorts the third tier. Reserve sides can play in the third tier (the Liga) but they can't get promoted above this level. This season Bayern Munich II came top, but they won't be promoted.

As for the standard at the top of the Liga, it may be better than some think.

Terry_dactyl

The German league system has a peculiarity that distorts the third tier. Reserve sides can play in the third tier (the Liga) but they can't get promoted above this level. This season Bayern Munich II came top, but they won't be promoted.

As for the standard at the top of the Liga, it may be better than some think.
I’ve seen a couple of Hamburg games over the years and they look pretty average, as have the opposition. Was lead to believe that lower than B2 was part-time, seemingly more complicated than that. Makes sense as there seems to be some pretty big clubs that have dropped that far.
As for Hamburg, well...how a club that size getting gates of 50k can be doing so badly I don’t know. The bits I’ve read about them they seem to be the antithesis of German efficiency.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

I’ve seen a couple of Hamburg games over the years and they look pretty average, as have the opposition. Was lead to believe that lower than B2 was part-time, seemingly more complicated than that. Makes sense as there seems to be some pretty big clubs that have dropped that far.
As for Hamburg, well...how a club that size getting gates of 50k can be doing so badly I don’t know. The bits I’ve read about them they seem to be the antithesis of German efficiency.
The third tier is professional now and has been for quite a while. There was a time (pre German unification) when the third tier was regional and a pretty poor standard - one team (I think it was Aachen) signed a couple of players from Nuneaton Borough.

The history of the 3 Liga is littered with badly managed and underperforming clubs. The need to purchase a license to compete in the league each season means financial mismanagement often results in relegation. The German team I follow (Armenia Bielefeld) has visited 3 Liga on more than one occasion!

Terry_dactyl

The third tier is professional now and has been for quite a while. There was a time (pre German unification) when the third tier was regional and a pretty poor standard - one team (I think it was Aachen) signed a couple of players from Nuneaton Borough.

The history of the 3 Liga is littered with badly managed and underperforming clubs. The need to purchase a license to compete in the league each season means financial mismanagement often results in relegation. The German team I follow (Armenia Bielefeld) has visited 3 Liga on more than one occasion!
Just googled, and see AB won the B2 title at a canter! Looks to be quite close to Paderborn geographically. They’re a bit of a yo-yo team right?
I also see Kaiserslautern have dropped to Liga 3. I saw them a few years ago. They looked destined for mediocrity back then but I’m sure were decent in their day.
I read recently that the German league has the highest average attendance in world football. I’ve loved my experiences of going.

On a family holiday In 1990 my dad tooK me to a Bayern game. They lost to a lower league team called Homburg in the cup. We got back to the German friends we were staying with and they told us it was one of the biggest shocks in their history. We were completely oblivious! Bayern were shite! Stefan Effenberg and Brian Laudrup were playing.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Just googled, and see AB won the B2 title at a canter! Looks to be quite close to Paderborn geographically. They’re a bit of a yo-yo team right?
I also see Kaiserslautern have dropped to Liga 3. I saw them a few years ago. They looked destined for mediocrity back then but I’m sure were decent in their day.
I read recently that the German league has the highest average attendance in world football. I’ve loved my experiences of going.

On a family holiday In 1990 my dad tooK me to a Bayern game. They lost to a lower league team called Homburg in the cup. We got back to the German friends we were staying with and they told us it was one of the biggest shocks in their history. We were completely oblivious! Bayern were shite! Stefan Effenberg and Brian Laudrup were playing.
You are right, Armenia has become a yo-yo team. There was a time in the 1980s when their fortunes were very similar to the Sky Blues (long run in the top flight and regularly fighting off relegation).

Paderborn isn't far from Bielefeld. They both had big British Army of two Rhine barracks.

You saw Bayern at the Olympic Stadium and for good match too! There's nothing like a good cup upset (unless it involves us). Of course, 1860 is the real team from Munich.

If you ever get the chance try to get to a Hertha Berlin game - they play the Olympic Stadium in Berlin and that place sends shivers down your spine (just think of Jessie Owens versus the nazis).

Terry_dactyl

You are right, Armenia has become a yo-yo team. There was a time in the 1980s when their fortunes were very similar to the Sky Blues (long run in the top flight and regularly fighting off relegation).

Paderborn isn't far from Bielefeld. They both had big British Army of two Rhine barracks.

You saw Bayern at the Olympic Stadium and for good match too! There's nothing like a good cup upset (unless it involves us). Of course, 1860 is the real team from Munich.

If you ever get the chance try to get to a Hertha Berlin game - they play the Olympic Stadium in Berlin and that place sends shivers down your spine (just think of Jessie Owens versus the nazis).
Berlin is next on the list tbh. Hopefully it’ll be an option at some point in the not too distant future.
I’ve heard Hertha B are the team to watch but hadn’t appreciated where they play.

hamil99

Facebook User
Being half German and having lived there in the past I can tell you the lower leagues are considerably better than they used to be. Around 1990 anything below B2 was mostly part time, with maybe one or two 'star' players making a wage. Nowadays I believe all of B3 are full time. I love how German football is structured, it seems no teams make a loss. They all work within their financial constraints and use their budgets effectively, we can learn a lot from their structure.

*Edit* Also Berlin is amazing for football, nights out and wurst

Terry_dactyl

Being half German and having lived there in the past I can tell you the lower leagues are considerably better than they used to be. Around 1990 anything below B2 was mostly part time, with maybe one or two 'star' players making a wage. Nowadays I believe all of B3 are full time. I love how German football is structured, it seems no teams make a loss. They all work within their financial constraints and use their budgets effectively, we can learn a lot from their structure.

Sounds great! I’ve been to Hamburg a few times now and loved it but heard Berlin is where it’s at!

hamil99

Facebook User
Sounds great! I’ve been to Hamburg a few times now and loved it but heard Berlin is where it’s at!

The misses and I did new year's eve there about 5 years ago, f*cking epic, the atmosphere was amazing! So much fun until we left the club at 5 in the morning and it was like -10 degrees, it took us an hour to get a taxi 😂😂. Still one of the best new year's I have ever had 👍🏻👍🏻

fernandopartridge

I know a bloke who follows Union. We went to a Hertha game a few years ago which was a good craic, Friday night, good atmosphere, good beer. No hassle.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Berlin is next on the list tbh. Hopefully it’ll be an option at some point in the not too distant future.
I’ve heard Hertha B are the team to watch but hadn’t appreciated where they play.
Don't leave the Berlin trip too long. Hertha are due to move to a new stadium in 2025. The reason for the move is the Olympic stadium is too big. A team in Germany admitting their stadium is too big and wanting to move to a smaller one - we've got a lot of catching up to do in this country!

Users who are viewing this thread