FA Cup VAR (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Im not the biggest fan of VAR.

some of the issues mainly for me is players are already calling for it without he TV hand sign. This needs to be stamped out and should be a booking.

Also the Salah penalty. Yes was a pen for the contact but he also went down in an unnatural manner. This needs to be addressed. As no point giving penalties using VAR if there is also simulation used. Iv never seen someone on the street get a knock on the shoulder and then fall over with hands up in the air.

Otis

Im not the biggest fan of VAR.

some of the issues mainly for me is players are already calling for it without he TV hand sign. This needs to be stamped out and should be a booking.

Also the Salah penalty. Yes was a pen for the contact but he also went down in an unnatural manner. This needs to be addressed. As no point giving penalties using VAR if there is also simulation used. Iv never seen someone on the street get a knock on the shoulder and then fall over with hands up in the air.
Agree. Definitely a foul and penalty, but the dive to the floor was pathetic.

That's two of the worst aspects of football right there encapsulated. Diving and the deliberately pulling of players back in the penalty box.

Maybe the fairest outcome there should have been a penalty to Liverpool, a booking for Livermore and a three game ban for the dive for Salah.

That would sort it.

Gosb

In the games where VAR technology is used (rugby, cricket, tennis) there are natural breaks to allow for any necessary inspection. The only time this happens in football is when the referee is considering what action to take after they've blown for a foul or when a penalty has been given. At all other times it breaks the flow of the game. The stop/start nature of this is not to be under-estimated.
Personally I can do without VAR. Aren't dodgy decisions all part of what makes football so compulsive? And doesn't it even out over a season? Why does everything have to be 'right'?
VAR is like that bloke down the pub who kills a good argument by Googling the answer.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why did the Liverpool player throw his hands up in the air like someone had just smashed him in the chops with a cricket bat ? It was one of the most theatrical pieces of acting I've ever seen in my life. He deserves a stint at the RSC with that performance. Should have sent the cheating bugger off, just for dramatic effect .

Otis

In the games where VAR technology is used (rugby, cricket, tennis) there are natural breaks to allow for any necessary inspection. The only time this happens in football is when the referee is considering what action to take after they've blown for a foul or when a penalty has been given. At all other times it breaks the flow of the game. The stop/start nature of this is not to be under-estimated.
Personally I can do without VAR. Aren't dodgy decisions all part of what makes football so compulsive? And doesn't it even out over a season? Why does everything have to be 'right'?
VAR is like that bloke down the pub who kills a good argument by Googling the answer.
You wouldn't be saying that if the incorrect decision was made that cost the City promotion this season.

One single decision can be massive. They have the technology in tennis, in rugby, in cricket, in American Football.

We should be doing all we can to make decisions be the correct ones.

As I keep saying, it's all new and it will get better and it will be embraced. May take some time, but I am convinced we will all accept it as part of the game in the very near future.

Otis

Why did the Liverpool player throw his hands up in the air like someone had just smashed him in the chops with a cricket bat ? It was one of the most theatrical pieces of acting I've ever seen in my life. He deserves a stint at the RSC with that performance. Should have sent the cheating bugger off, just for dramatic effect .
Yeah. As odd as it sounds, I don't see why the ref can't give the penalty (cos it WAS a foul), but then send Salah off for deception.

lifeskyblue

I really don’t know how football managed to become the most successful sport on the planet without VAR.
I think football ️ loses more than it gains and if we are not careful Players will become even more adept at trying to cheat by over dramatising fouls, appeals, histrionics of the ref doesn’t refer the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I really don’t know how football managed to become the most successful sport on the planet without VAR.
I think football ️ loses more than it gains and if we are not careful Players will become even more adept at trying to cheat by over dramatising fouls, appeals, histrionics of the ref doesn’t refer the decision.

The more eyes on the pitch though the more cheating can be identified. It's just whether they have the will to stamp it out.

It was a great sport. I remember the 70's and 80's and 90's and there was hardly any diving and feigning injury etc.

It's gradually crept into the game.

Needs to be the captain only who is allowed to approach the ref for starters. Hate all the calls for red and yellow cards and if they allow players now to plead and beg for VAR replays it is only going to make the game worse.

Needs nipping in the bid right now!

lifeskyblue

The more eyes on the pitch though the more cheating can be identified. It's just whether they have the will to stamp it out.

It was a great sport. I remember the 70's and 80's and 90's and there was hardly any diving and feigning injury etc.

It's gradually crept into the game.

Needs to be the captain only who is allowed to approach the ref for starters. Hate all the calls for red and yellow cards and if they allow players now to plead and beg for VAR replays it is only going to make the game worse.

Needs nipping in the bid right now!

The more it can be identified but the less it will be and little action will be taken. There are more cameras than ever at grounds, more slo mo, more analysis, more interviews with managers, more going over to the ex referee and yet there is more diving and conning. The more their team offends the less the manager sees. The more a player goes down the more we hear’they we’re entitled to go down then’. The authorities lost control and won’t get it back...the bucks are too big

Otis

The more it can be identified but the less it will be and little action will be taken. There are more cameras than ever at grounds, more slo mo, more analysis, more interviews with managers, more going over to the ex referee and yet there is more diving and conning. The more their team offends the less the manager sees. The more a player goes down the more we hear’they we’re entitled to go down then’. The authorities lost control and won’t get it back...the bucks are too big

Yeah, but this is all analysed AFTER the game or at half time in the studio.

If it can be identified during the game, as is the way with rugby, that would kill it stone dead very quickly.

Someone spits, or punches or kicks etc. could be picked up by the VAR and the game could continue. As soon as the offence was identified the VAR ref would be straight on to the ref on the pitch and that's player would then be sent off.

The cameras are there and stuff the ref doesn't spot needs to be identified and players punished DURING the game.

Users who are viewing this thread