FA Cup Semi Final Draw (3 Viewers)

Sick Boy

TBF they were all over the ground in the game in 1993, think that was a one off though not a regular occurrence

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yeah remember that clearly even though I was only about 8, it felt like spot the other Cov fan. Was that when Quinn got sent off?

MalcSB

I wonder how the refs and var will conspire with the powers to be to avoid having to implement their alleged contingency plans vis a vis the clash with the championship play off final?

HadjiChippo

It took them ten days to decide the match dates and KO times last year so I’d be amazed if this was the case. All the authorities including TV need to sit down and discuss all options.
Surely Not a chance they know already, only an hour and half ago they were heading out

Great_Expectations

Said it before but I have to hope our game is on the Sunday.

I’ve got the London Marathon the morning of Sunday 21st, and if the game is Saturday I really don’t think I have the resolve to resist getting caught up in the atmosphere and having a few beers.

Which will be a decision I will regret about 1 mile into the marathon and I’ll spend the next 25 hating life.

Mucca Mad Boys

Said it before but I have to hope our game is on the Sunday.

I’ve got the London Marathon the morning of Sunday 21st, and if the game is Saturday I really don’t think I have the resolve to resist getting caught up in the atmosphere and having a few beers.

Which will be a decision I will regret about 1 mile into the marathon and I’ll spend the next 25 hating life.
Think of it as carb loading - you’ll be fine! 😂

Bugsy

Screenshot_20240317-192230.png

.... PUSB 🐘

Jarvo87

Out of a choice of Man City, Man U, Chelsea, am happy with that draw, and we can give them a game despite the condescension shown by Wright, Keane and especially Souness - something about him absolutely boils my p*ss.

My real issue is with ITV. Their coverage of most sporting events is ridiculously poor and today was no exception. This is supposedly the prestige cup competition in the world, and we suffer total incompetence and then Ian Wright single-handedly ballsing it up. No idea what he was doing, where the balls were to be placed, farcical. No style, clueless and crass.

The only one who showed any dignity was Ten Haag to be fair.

Jamesimus

Out of a choice of Man City, Man U, Chelsea, am happy with that draw, and we can give them a game despite the condescension shown by Wright, Keane and especially Souness - something about him absolutely boils my p*ss.

My real issue is with ITV. Their coverage of most sporting events is ridiculously poor and today was no exception. This is supposedly the prestige cup competition in the world, and we suffer total incompetence and then Ian Wright single-handedly ballsing it up. No idea what he was doing, where the balls were to be placed, farcical. No style, clueless and crass.

The only one who showed any dignity was Ten Haag to be fair.

I like Wrighty. He’s just himself on TV and i like that, regardless of his past comments. He’s a funny likeable guy.

oscillatewildly

I like Wrighty. He’s just himself on TV and i like that, regardless of his past comments. He’s a funny likeable guy.
Doesn't half mumble a lot though - especially for a four ball in a bag draw.
And I was near the front of the Clock End when he DELIBERATELY smashed his knee into Oggy's face.
Never gonna get a 'like' from me.
Prolific and quality goalscorer though.

Brighton Sky Blue

If you had said last April that in a year’s time we’d be facing Man Utd, you’d be celebrating promotion. Pity, but not bad compensation

messiahrobins

I agree with the remarks about entitled Utd fans, especially at HR in the 90’s, but it’s a different era now?

All of the plastic Utd glory supporters are probably back on their default ‘I support Liverpool’ settings by now. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, we’d out-noise them if they had 100,000 in attendance; they’re a dire fan base these days.
I dont follow the PL as i only care about Coventry to be fair so maybe you are right but obviously my recollections of Manure date back to when we played them regularly. I appreciate younger fans wont have a clue what i am on about, thats not a criticism.

messiahrobins

🤷🏻‍♂️

All PL fans are cunts. Personally I’d rather play Man Utd than any of the others, but Cov Twitter is going to be filled with obnoxious 13 year olds from some random Saudi state talking about use being a small club regardless.

On the day it’s just going to be a normal Wembley game.
I just hope we turn up like we usually do and arent followed by day trippers with happy clappers. The FA Cup always seems to attract a different type of fan in the semi finals as the atmosphere is generally shite its seemed to me, ive always advocated semi finals at neutral grounds like Hillsborough like back in the day.

HadjiChippo

There’s a very real possibility this Man Utd team come into this game arrogant and overlooking us.

Also a squad that is consistently picking up injuries, don’t think they’ve had a settled back four all season

Brighton Sky Blue

I just hope we turn up like we usually do and arent followed by day trippers with happy clappers. The FA Cup always seems to attract a different type of fan in the semi finals as the atmosphere is generally shite its seemed to me, ive always advocated semi finals at neutral grounds like Hillsborough like back in the day.
It’s a semi final we aren’t going to win in all probability so it’s as good as a final for us.

Users who are viewing this thread