FA Cup Semi Final Draw (2 Viewers)

Pusb1

it’s going to be Man city isn’t it 😂

and to be honest who cares! We aren’t winning the cup- and the opportunity to see our players giving it all against the best teams in the world- in a competitive setting- we could have dreamed about this a few years ago.

Yes most the teams will wallop us. But we’ll make the weekend a party! and i can’t wait to see us play one of these teams, whoever it is

Blind-Faith

I just don’t want Man City, if we’re going to get walloped , atleast let it be entertaining with a team playing decent football, not Man City passing it around the back for 10 minutes before they do anything with it. Sucks the life out of the game

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Id love to be a team to end Klopp’s FA Cup run. Imagine the media tears
Cracking Up Laughing GIF by ABC Network

Brighton Sky Blue

I just have a feeling United turn up and win, not sure why

partly because I think Liverpool would rather win the Premier League (Obviously) and the Europa League, and partly because I think Ten Hag has to go for it as his days are limited if United don't win the FA Cup
Klopp will want everything he can get. Or he'll shine his teeth at the referee trying

alexccfc99

Klopp will want everything he can get. Or he'll shine his teeth at the referee trying
It will be some raucous atmosphere at Old Trafford regardless

I am absolutely amazed that the old bill have allowed The Scousers to have 9000 tickets and for it to kick off at Half 3

alexccfc99

The only downer from yesterday is knowing the semi finals are at Wembley. I cannot believe this is still happening nearly 20 years on from the ground being built. A neutral stadium would have been so much better.
See I don't particularly agree with club grounds being used for cup semi finals but would like to see them at a neutral venue that isn't Wembley

Millennium Stadium is one option but there is nowhere else, unless they were both there over two days?

alexccfc99

Why don’t you like club grounds being used? Villa Park, Hillsbrough, Old Trafford, Emirates, Everton’s new ground, Spurs new ground, even Elland Road. Loads that could be used that would be ideal for the two clubs involved.

Wembley should be the reward for making the final
Hillsborough and Elland Road couldn't be used for a cup semi final in this day of age - Villa Park probs too small as well

I just don't particularly like it - Recipe for chaos as well if you were to have, for example a Liverpool vs Man City cup semi final at Old Trafford

Brighton Sky Blue

Hillsborough and Elland Road couldn't be used for a cup semi final in this day of age - Villa Park probs too small as well

I just don't particularly like it - Recipe for chaos as well if you were to have, for example a Liverpool vs Man City cup semi final at Old Trafford
Is that really any different to London clubs getting to have semi finals at Wembley?

covcity4life

Anyone but Manchester city. We would t touch ball Vs then and they would break us down in first half to end it as a contest probably

But then I thought we would lose to wolves!

Ideally get Chelsea or man u. Big games but winnable

Leicester winnable but heartbreaking to lose. Liverpool possibly play kids but Injured players are mostly back now for them.

Whoever we get let's just try enjoy it. And make sure we are in playoff contention when the semi rolls round

alexccfc99

How would that be any different to them playing at the Millenium Stadium in terms of being a ‘recipe for chaos’?
Probably because Liverpool or Man City fans at Old Trafford would want to trash the place

My pal went to Liverpool v Chelsea at OT the year of the Gerrard final and he said it was a running battle between Mancs and Scousers - It's completely hypothetical but imagine if our semi final was drawn to be played at The King Power

I don't disagree that the cup semis should be away from Wembley but I think the clamour to have them at club grounds again is just pointless nostalgia

theferret

Why is it a recipe for chaos? Worked in the 80s when it was a lot more volatile. Grounds that are big enough and it would be much more of an occasion. A number of semi finals at wembley recently haven't sold out. Only 69K last season for Sheff Utd and City. Would much rather have a rocking league ground packed out, even if allocations are smaller.

Travs

The issue with the semi's being at Wembley is it completely undermines the final.

Say we beat Leicester/Chelsea/Man CIty/whoever in the semi at Wembley..... the final is a bit of an anti-climax after that. regardless of what happens.

Brighton Sky Blue

The issue with the semi's being at Wembley is it completely undermines the final.

Say we beat Leicester/Chelsea/Man CIty/whoever in the semi at Wembley..... the final is a bit of an anti-climax after that. regardless of what happens.
Equally, given we're very unlikely to beat a Man City or a Liverpool, it can basically double up as our own cup final

Travs

Well, indeed, that is the point really...

Clubs of our stature are now just playing to make the semi final now really.

chiefdave

As a general rule I don't agree with the semis being at Wembley but not sure I'd find winning the FA Cup an anti climax just because it was our second game in the completion taking place there

Reactions: SBT

SeaSeeEffCee

I know it’s a much easier game but I really don’t want Leicester. Losing to them in an FA Cup semi final would be horrific. United or Chelsea please.

procdoc

It just dawned on me that should Chelsea beat Leicester the semi finals will be contested between three premier league power houses that have spent billions on assembling squads full of internationals players and World Cup winners. Then there’s us, I fucking love it 😂

Users who are viewing this thread