FA cup replay (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Home draw please.......... wouldn't mind Maidstone (would win, plus guaranteed TV) or winners of Blackburn/Wrexham.

Happy_Martian

Not assuming we're getting past Wednesday.

And knowing our Cup luck of the last 25 years, the winner of the replay will either have Maidstone away, Man City away or if it's us, Leicester again.

Losing interest in this cup now. Let's just get on with the league, that's financially far more important to us.

Happy_Martian

Yes I felt down for ages after that. We had a really good team at the time and should have beaten them. That along with the West Ham semi final loss are probably my two worst nights following City

Ah, so you never went to Scarboro away in the League Cup ? We even took a 2-0 home lead to them yet still lost 3-2 on aggregate. Personally made worse by the train conductor coming back home being a Villa fan 🤦‍♂️

Could also add Sutton United, Cambridge United, Northampton or Rochdale away in the League Cup weren't much better. We love our cup exits 🤷‍♂️

play_in_skyblue_stripes

FA Cup round 5 draw
Dangerous to "count our chickens" before reply result.
Here is my take on draw possibilities.
So many people say
S#×t draw, so using that as yardstick.
Key * S#xt draw
** Very S#xt draw
☆ great draw

Watford or Southampton H * A **
Blackburn or Wrexham H ☆ A *
Bournemouth H ** A**
Wba or Wolves H * A **
Bristol C or Nottm F H * A *
Leicester H ** A **
Chelsea or Villa Can't say yet
Maidstone H ☆ A **
Liverpool or Norwich H * A **
Man City H * A **
Leeds or Plymouth H * A **
Luton H ☆ A **
Newport or Man Utd H ☆ A **
Brighton H * A **
Newcastle H ☆ A ☆

Totally prepared that many people will disagree with this!!!!
Star draw it is !!!!!!

SkyblueTexan

Hope we can finally beat Sheff Wed and get a home tie vs Maidstone in the next round.
I got the second part of my wish fulfilled. Now let’s get the first part done!

skyblue_55

This has stirred the Wednesday fans , into thinking they have a good chance in the replay AND bring 4000 fans here again !

Brighton Sky Blue

I honestly think that Q/F loss to Sheffield Utd hurt me more than any other loss in my near 50 years following City, still rankles when I think about it 😣
My parents made me go to bed early that night on the basis they’d write the result on paper and put it next to my bed. Cried a fair bit in the morning!

Brylowes

Went to that and got a ticket for the Kop where the Liverpool fans were I witnessed hundreds of scousers just sitting opposite the turnstiles obviously without tickets and the police opened up the gates rather than having them roaming the streets and they piled in, a regular occurrence at their many big games, a number of years later we all know what happened at Hillsborough, which to this day they deny.
You should probably have a read of this.

Macca1987

That was, a scary one for me. Bloke at work had two tickets for the Liverpool end, was alright all game. After we left he went up Ball Hill way and I had to go into town, there were a load of Arsenal fans waiting shouting Oi you facking scousers, I've never ran so fast back into town centre in my life lol

torchomatic

The offsite parking is up and down as 7.45, 6th Feb. Presumably, we'll get ours tickets added to our ST cards. Cutting it fine for postal though if they don't announce it soon. Today, surely?

torchomatic

Legia Sky Blue

As soon as it went to penalties, the writing was on the wall.

Penalties is the only scenario where I could possibly see Wednesday beating us, probably after they have parked the bus and our forwards misfire.

Is the replay straight to penalties after 90 minutes, or is there extra time first?

Users who are viewing this thread