FA Cup 3rd Round Draw (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

Fucking Derby...my bloody nemesis.
I can only hope we beat them and knock them out, as i would hate it if they had a decent cup run and earned some real money.
Roll on the winding up petition 🐑 👈

Last edited:

Legia Sky Blue

So many OTT comments on here. The draw is fine by me. We are at home, with a good chance of progressing & bringing more income into the club as a result. Plenty of time to get the 'glamour' tie later in the competition.

Seems to me that those calling it a shit draw would only be happy with a game against the PL top 6 or Villa/ Leicester, and that its more a case that the 3rd round of the cup just doesn't get fans juices going any longer. The 3rd round always used to be an exciting time whoever you drew, so not sure exactly when that shift happened, although start of the PL would be my guess.

Anyhow I hope we honour the memory of Sillett/ Curtis and their passing this season by playing a strong team, and try to progress as far as we can.

Travs

Totally agree with Legia above. Some massive snobbery going on.... no doubt Derby are honoured to have such a huge game as Coventry away.

I remember a few years back we drew Barnsley away and people were going mental about how it was a shit draw/tinpot club/etc..... conveniently forgetting that Barnsley were a division above us at the time!

Covkid1968#

Just had my booster jab off a Derby season ticket holder. Distinctly underwhelmed by the draw…. wearing a City top…may have misheard…. But I’m sure I heard him say “you look a little prick” rather than “you’ll feel a little prick”

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Really not the draw I wanted but don’t really get the negativity. I don’t really understand why so many people can’t be arsed to go. Do people just stop supporting their club in the cup competitions? Is it the EFL marketing that people fall for? Just doesn’t make sense to me. Of course some games are more attractive than others, but whether it’s Derby in the league, or Derby in the cup. It’s surely still the same appeal? Winnable. Hopefully more turn up than sound on here, we can back the team into the 4th round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Really not the draw I wanted but don’t really get the negativity. I don’t really understand why so many people can’t be arsed to go. Do people just stop supporting their club in the cup competitions? Is it the EFL marketing that people fall for? Just doesn’t make sense to me. Of course some games are more attractive than others, but whether it’s Derby in the league, or Derby in the cup. It’s surely still the same appeal? Winnable. Hopefully more turn up than sound on here, we can back the team into the 4th round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are going to play a first team then I’ll go, but I’m not paying to watch the reserves.

CJ_covblaze

I might be in the minority (or completely alone!) but I would rather have an away game at a tiny non league club we haven’t visited before than play anyone at home.

lordy_87

If we are going to play a first team then I’ll go, but I’m not paying to watch the reserves.
I think we'll be putting a strong team out, maybe some rotation though. Opportunities for the likes of Walker to get a full game maybe.

Flying Fokker

So many OTT comments on here. The draw is fine by me. We are at home, with a good chance of progressing & bringing more income into the club as a result. Plenty of time to get the 'glamour' tie later in the competition.

Seems to me that those calling it a shit draw would only be happy with a game against the PL top 6 or Villa/ Leicester, and that its more a case that the 3rd round of the cup just doesn't get fans juices going any longer. The 3rd round always used to be an exciting time whoever you drew, so not sure exactly when that shift happened, although start of the PL would be my guess.

Anyhow I hope we honour the memory of Sillett/ Curtis and their passing this season by playing a strong team, and try to progress as far as we can.
Leicester? Who are they? Now there’s a team that transformed out of Administration. Still prefer Villa as I dislike Claret and Blue. Got beat up on the Kop during a midweek game in about 1978

Terry Gibson's perm

My lad will probably want to go so will have to keep it quiet from him as I really can’t be bothered with the fa cup, it is such a disjointed cup replays no replays it’s ridiculous. There should be no replays and no extra time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread