F1 2021 (1 Viewer)

xcraigx

One thing is for certain, if the boot was on the other foot then Red Bull would be doing exactly the same.

I can't imagine anything will come of it, it's probably more an attempt by Merc to stir the pot a little.

olderskyblue

I don’t see anything in the onboard that changes things, but I’m no expert. I’m amazed what Brundle spots live, that I struggle to see in slow mo. :)

SkyBlueSoul

28f516a3e6f09e19dd13e03275522859.jpg

Paul Anthony

Honestly, from the new footage if that had been available at the time, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a penalty. At the least he was late on the brakes, so late he was never getting that stopped.

Will anything be done about it now? Probably not. Not to the extent it'll affect the results anyway. Maybe the Stewards will have a word of warning, doubt it'd be anything more.

hill83

Honestly, from the new footage if that had been available at the time, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a penalty. At the least he was late on the brakes, so late he was never getting that stopped.

Will anything be done about it now? Probably not. Not to the extent it'll affect the results anyway. Maybe the Stewards will have a word of warning, doubt it'd be anything more.

You know what, despite what I’ve said if all footage was available at the time it probably would have been a 5 second penalty

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Cant see it. How can you punish someone when there wasnt an accident, and the complainant won anyway?

Well, if he'd had a penalty he would have finished 3rd, not 2nd which could be significant in the title races. Also, if the criteria is causing an accident what about when drivers change direction when defending or just something as simple as speeding in the pitlane. If there isn't an accident from them speeding why should they be given a penalty? Because it's dangerous and if you don't penalise when there isn't an accident it'll just keep happening until there is one and someone gets hurt.

Saddlebrains

If he would have touched Lewis or took Lewis or both out then yea, penalty, stop and go whatever.

But its not affected the result.

He didnt turn the wheel towards Lewis.

Yes he clearly missed the braking point and understeered towards Lewis, but no one other than Max knows how intentional that was. Think its being blown out of proportion, and id say this even if it Was Lewis being appealed against.

We want hard racing and drama between the two, and if anyone thinks for a second Lewis wouldn't have donw the same, may i take you back to 2014 - 2016 and the many incidents of Lewis and Nico Rosberg colliding of being close too.

mark82

If he would have touched Lewis or took Lewis or both out then yea, penalty, stop and go whatever.

But its not affected the result.

He didnt turn the wheel towards Lewis.

Yes he clearly missed the braking point and understeered towards Lewis, but no one other than Max knows how intentional that was. Think its being blown out of proportion, and id say this even if it Was Lewis being appealed against.

We want hard racing and drama between the two, and if anyone thinks for a second Lewis wouldn't have donw the same, may i take you back to 2014 - 2016 and the many incidents of Lewis and Nico Rosberg colliding of being close too.

You can see he didn't turn fully. If you watch footage of previous laps he's full lock into the corner. The only reason he didn't crash is Lewis avoided. With new footage probably would've been a 5 second penalty.

Saddlebrains

Can't tell what it is, but there's something telling me that you might not like Lewis, and you might like Max?

Correct!.

However as I've said previously, its not Max per se, it could be Carlos Sainz, anyone who can take the titles away from Mercedes and Lewis.

F1 needs someone to beat them. Its been far too long.

mark82

But i thought everyone on here said Max was deliberately trying to hit lewis and he should have a penalty?

View attachment 22778

Regardless, I still say he ran him off the road. He didn't turn in as he did previously in other laps. I'm sure if it was the other way round your opinion would be completely different (and to be fair, if the other way would've been a collision as Max wouldn't give the same as Lewis did).

Saddlebrains

Regardless, I still say he ran him off the road. He didn't turn in as he did previously in other laps. I'm sure if it was the other way round your opinion would be completely different (and to be fair, if the other way would've been a collision as Max wouldn't give the same as Lewis did).

Its the hypocrisy of Hamilton fans

FB_IMG_1637356450499.jpg

mark82

I think the FIA would take a very strong stance on it anyway. Remember Michael got disqualified from the championship in '97 for taking out Villenueve deliberately.

They couldn't punish Lewis but they'd probably disqualify Mercedes from the constructors championship, which they care about more than drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread