F1 2021 (1 Viewer)

tisza

So Red Bull appealing Hamilton penalty

CrawleySkyBlue

Would be a dangerous precedent to say given Max's aggressive driving style. Sure there would be plenty of times going forward teams could point to him going into a corner way too fast trying to take a position that just wasn't there to be taken. Some drivers already say the give him more space because they think he'll try moves that are just not there and the only reason there hasn't been a crash is because they've done that cos Max isn't going to yield.

In the heat of the moment and with it having been so close between them for the previous corners and the adrenaline pumping you can make errors of judgement like this. And as I say Hamilton did eventually try to back out.

You could argue that similarly Max still had a lot of track he could have used wider out if he thought Hamilton was going to miss the corner. Sensible to go wider, risk the place but give yourself the opportunity to get it back later in the race in a superior car if you do. As Lewis had overcooked it he'd have probably still had an advantage overall anyway and could have driven off into the sunset. Instead he decided to take the racing line and got clipped. That could be seen as an error of judgement by Max to not take the more pragmatic approach. But like I say, heat of the moment and adrenaline pumping sometimes you don't take the sensible choice.

I think you could also argue that Verstappen should have played the long game. Even if Hamilton were to overtake him (and made it stick), Max arguably has the better car and could still have easily won the race from 2nd. And even if Max were to have let Hamilton overtake and finished second, this would have been a much better result and would still have left max with a bigger points advantage, and avoided the £££ (important when there is a financial cap on spending) and also potentially avoided penalties down the road for using too many engine parts etc.

Perhaps if the roles were reversed, Hamilton, being the more experienced driver, would have let Max have the position & rightly played the long game. More easily said than done though and that's why we all love sport.

NorthernWisdom

I think you could also argue that Verstappen should have played the long game. Even if Hamilton were to overtake him (and made it stick), Max arguably has the better car and could still have easily won the race from 2nd. And even if Max were to have let Hamilton overtake and finished second, this would have been a much better result and would still have left max with a bigger points advantage, and avoided the £££ (important when there is a financial cap on spending) and also potentially avoided penalties down the road for using too many engine parts etc.

Perhaps if the roles were reversed, Hamilton, being the more experienced driver, would have let Max have the position & rightly played the long game. More easily said than done though and that's why we all love sport.
His long game is overtake him, or defend from him, at your peril however.

He wants people to hesitate.

Hamilton's one of the few who won't, tbf.

Paul Anthony

Red Bull request for review refused. Doubt we've heard the last of it from Horner, who I'm sure will be moaning and bitching to the press at every opportunity....

Last edited:

Paul Anthony

This, apparently, is part of what constituted "new evidence" for Red Bull....

Saddlebrains

I still feel aggrieved, and think Lewis got away with it massively

And still think his raucous celebration while his main rival in hospital having a CT scan due to him clattering him was distasteful and a sign of the prick of a man he is.

However

Red Bull can answer this in a better way than they are now. Blow Mercedes away the next few races and take the titles. Not this shite, childish, timewasting and pathetic

tisza

Stewards dismissive of Red Bull's claims which do seem contrived. Don't get what they thought they would achieve with an Albon simulated lap.
Things obviously getting personal in the letter they submitted.
Will try and find out what was in it as I'm a guest today at Hungarian GP of ... Red Bull 😉

Saddlebrains

Stewards dismissive of Red Bull's claims which do seem contrived. Don't get what they thought they would achieve with an Albon simulated lap.
Will try and find out what was in it as I'm a guest today at Hungarian GP of ... Red Bull 😉

Enjoy!

olderskyblue

Wear an LH shirt.....

Saddlebrains has probably got one going spare.. ;)

Saddlebrains

Booing.
Liking drivers being booed.

I fucking love F1. But booing? Weird.

Same as I enjoyed hearing Rosberg being booed in 2014 when he punctured Hamilton at Spa, Schumacher and Rubens being booed in Austria 02 for the staged finish.

I like the fact that the fans at the track make feelings known towards a driver or a team that whats preceeded wasn't appreciated by fans is all.

Surely you get that?

Saddlebrains

Presumably you are not British?? Can’t see how you can be with the amount of hate you have for Hamilton- the greatest British driver of all time

British as a chippy dinner and pint of John Smiths mate.

I did used to follow Lewis quite closely until around 2017. But his gradual disappearance up his own arsehole and hypocrisy shown to so many things has just led me to dislike him with a passion.

Il agree, greatest British Driver ever and second best of all time. Just think his personality stinks and he's full of shit

SkyBlueSoul

What a start that was, absolute chaos! So much of it caused by Bottas/Stroll.

Fucking awful for McLaren

Paul Anthony

What a shame. We had it exactly as we wanted it, Lewis and Max right together. That was the race everyone wanted to see.

That was very silly by Bottas especially, and Stroll, complete misjudgement from both of them. Got to hope we see a Max charge now. That or more rain.

tisza

Going to be a weird one. There's a band of hot weather behind this but now it's possible a big storm front could hit the end if this restart is delayed much more.

Users who are viewing this thread