F1 2021 (4 Viewers)

SkyBlueSoul

What a mental restart with Hamilton the only one on the grid mad call by Mercedes there

Frostie

Hungary is not a good track for overtaking. Going to be a long day for Max & Lewis.

That's a massive howler from Mercedes, they've blown an open goal!

Spot on, Bottas did the perfect rear gunner job, took out Norris & both Red Bulls in one move! 🤣

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

Read Marc Priestley’s book and a few member’s of pit crew did quite well out of that fiasco. There was a whisper of what might happen the day before so people were putting bets on “ridiculous” things like a Jordan podium and obviously they all came in

Paul Anthony

Vettel and Russell stop, look like they've run out of fuel, Ocon misses the pit lane, it's still going on even after the race! That kind of day!

NorthernWisdom

Shows how the race coverage affects things though. Sure, Alonso did a good holding job but, his teammate winning his first ever race? Surely if ever there's an obvious driver of the day, that's it! Kept a faster car behind him for pretty much all the race, too.

SkyBlueSoul

5465c5b6cde1c1a03000ffb0a8f5fbe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xcraigx

Brilliant race from start to finish, considering there were only 14 cars running for 69 laps there was action all over the place.

I'm surprised nobody took to the second grid on slicks in the first place, surely these teams have spotters dotted around the track who could have told them it was practically dry before the warm up lap? Even if a Williams or Haas took a punt just because, they would have been incredibly well placed to pick up big points although I guess Williams will be absolutely made up with their afternoons work anyway.

Considering how he played Norris into Verstappen, I think Bottas might be a pretty handy billiards player.

Paul Anthony

Vettel facing a DSQ for not having enough fuel left for the required FIA sample.

Paul Anthony

That would be harsh!

Not sure the rules allow any leeway unfortunately, as it's a technical regulation rather than a sporting one. Only precedent I can recall is Hamilton being thrown out of qualifying in Spain in 2012.

Even worse.... If Russell stopped because he was tight on fuel, he could be facing the same!

mark82

Not sure the rules allow any leeway unfortunately, as it's a technical regulation rather than a sporting one. Only precedent I can recall is Hamilton being thrown out of qualifying in Spain in 2012.

Even worse.... If Russell stopped because he was tight on fuel, he could be facing the same!

Think it's fine post race. They monitor fuel levels anyway, so probably told him to stop rather than actually ran out of fuel.

xcraigx

Despite some rumour that he was in bother it seems the only car with an issue belongs to Seb. I would think Russell was told to pull over as making it back to the pits would have meant not enough fuel for a sample.

mark82

British as a chippy dinner and pint of John Smiths mate.

I did used to follow Lewis quite closely until around 2017. But his gradual disappearance up his own arsehole and hypocrisy shown to so many things has just led me to dislike him with a passion.

Il agree, greatest British Driver ever and second best of all time. Just think his personality stinks and he's full of shit

I don't get what about his personality stinks. I really don't get it. I hear it from loads of people. People say he's arrogant, but then so is Verstappen (and most other drivers on the grid) and the same people that hate Hamilton love Verstappen.

British people all over. Moan about lack of genuinely top level sportspeople in whatever sport, then when we get them we love to hate them.

NorthernWisdom

I don't get what about his personality stinks. I really don't get it. I hear it from loads of people. People say he's arrogant, but then so is Verstappen (and most other drivers on the grid) and the same people that hate Hamilton love Verstappen.

British people all over. Moan about lack of genuinely top level sportspeople in whatever sport, then when we get them we love to hate them.
I have to say, he doesn't seem much fun, but then none of them do when they're winning and are driven singelmindedly to do so. Vettel's gained a personality since he stopped winning everything!

He has matured though - I actually respect him not just talking about issues he finds important, but doing something about them too. And there's no doubt the past few years his driving's gone to another level.

mark82

I have to say, he doesn't seem much fun, but then none of them do when they're winning and are driven singelmindedly to do so. Vettel's gained a personality since he stopped winning everything!

He has matured though - I actually respect him not just talking about issues he finds important, but doing something about them too. And there's no doubt the past few years his driving's gone to another level.

Yeah, his interviews are dull at times. Verstappen not any different though. As you say, Vettal became less up tight when the pressure to win was removed.

hill83

It’s along the same lines of Hamilton being called a tax dodger for living in Monaco when pretty much every other driver also lives there and it doesn’t get mentioned once.

olderskyblue

Vettel is actually a funny guy. Check out his youtube post race interviews gpoing back years. Lots of them showing he has a great sense of humour. And Lewis laughing with him on many occassions.

Lewis is a fantastic driver, and the stats show him as the greatest of all time. He is a very determined and confident driver and a winner, and a Brit. I think thats fantastic, and it always surprises me when other Brits are critical of him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He gets a bit preachy about stuff but sometimes it's do as I say, not as I do.

Has talked about environmental concerns in the past when he's in probably the most polluting sport on the planet and flew his dogs on a private jet to be with him. Talked about lack of opportunity for those from underprivileged backgrounds but sets up his tax affairs so he contributes as little as possible.

No doubting he's one of, if not the best, racing driver of all time.

Paul Anthony

Aston Martin appealing, so provisionally Vettel stays P2. They claim there is still over a litre in the system, the FIA claim they could only get 0.3 of a litre out of the car.....

Saddlebrains

He gets a bit preachy about stuff but sometimes it's do as I say, not as I do.

Has talked about environmental concerns in the past when he's in probably the most polluting sport on the planet and flew his dogs on a private jet to be with him. Talked about lack of opportunity for those from underprivileged backgrounds but sets up his tax affairs so he contributes as little as possible.

No doubting he's one of, if not the best, racing driver of all time.

This.

I've explained a lot of times before as to why i dislike Lewis. Personal choice at the end of the day.

Damon Hill, Jenson Button, Nigel Mansell etc. The whole British public was behind them.

Lewis polarises the nation, a lot adore him a lot cant stand him. Never asked yourself why? Hes up there with Andy Murray as least like british sportsmen

NorthernWisdom

This.

I've explained a lot of times before as to why i dislike Lewis. Personal choice at the end of the day.

Damon Hill, Jenson Button, Nigel Mansell etc. The whole British public was behind them.

Lewis polarises the nation, a lot adore him a lot cant stand him. Never asked yourself why? Hes up there with Andy Murray as least like british sportsmen
The two who win consistently? It's underdog with Button and Mansell, not quite getting the rub of the green. Arguably... Button needed more focus and he'd have won more titles too (although the only teammate of Hamilton to outscore him during his period with the team).

Hill was also underdog, exacerbated by him not being top draw of course, and added sympathy because of his Dad and Senna too. Plus, Schumacher was winning everything, and played close to the rules, so played into plucky Brit standing up for fair play.

(Mansell was a moaning overly precious git who played the victim btw;)

Hamilton has a few hurdles to overcome with sections of society, too. Again, he is putting his money where his mouth is to try and create opportunity, change perceptions, but that gets curiously underreported.

This is a somewhat bizarre post for me to write as I don't particularly care for him, but there's no denying he has some serious talent, and is sincere in what he believes. Someone I'd like to go for a pint with? Probably not, think he'd bore me rigid... but that'll be one of the reasons he's a multiple world champion and I'm not! Ultimately, if it was a likeability contest the majorly successful drivers are all out the running. Hamilton, Schumacher, Senna, Prost all with the same focus that set them apart, but not the best drinking companions.

Users who are viewing this thread