F*ck Hodgson we want Harry (1 Viewer)

Sisu_Cockroaches

The FA have gone for a puppet on a string. The people want Harry because we like him. The players will play for him and he has the x factor. Roy is a good bloke but Harry is the man who can make a difference. The FA are a joke, the people in charge of football have inflated ego's and it makes me sick.

I think it's the right decision. I also think that this has nothing to do with CCFC so have moved it to the general football board.

Sisu_Cockroaches

If you think its the right decision you dont know shit, Our Roy failed at the first big club he has miserably, redknapp has been a massive success where ever he has been and is riding the crest of a wave. you make me sick why you think Roy is the man gan you give me one good reason why without sounding like a Conservative part member

C

Clive Plattini

Who's we? I think you are getting confused between Sun readers and everyone. The tabloids may have wanted 'Arry despite the fact he has won one FA Cup in about 30 years of management but not everyone did. I am pleased with this decision, mainly so I don't have to see Arry everyday for 3 weeks in June.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Who's we? I think you are getting confused between Sun readers and everyone. The tabloids may have wanted 'Arry despite the fact he has won one FA Cup in about 30 years of management but not everyone did. I am pleased with this decision, mainly so I don't have to see Arry everyday for 3 weeks in June.

Your pleased because you are probably a drip like roy, people like you will take this country in to the gutter. No vision or fight, just want to ploddle along with your same old routine. you make me sick to be fair.

guicey15

If you think its the right decision you dont know shit, Our Roy failed at the first big club he has miserably, redknapp has been a massive success where ever he has been and is riding the crest of a wave. you make me sick why you think Roy is the man gan you give me one good reason why without sounding like a Conservative part member

He took a poor Fulham side to 7th in the Premier League and the Europa League final, masterminding wins against the likes of Juventus. Also made some excellent signings who still remain at the club. Was not given enough time at Liverpool, and at West Brom he has been a massive success again. He is the man for the job, its about time you learnt that other people have opinions and the irony is that this is a site about sharing differing opinions. If your not going to respect other people views, you might as well fuck off

Go on then, insult me, call me a drip because frankly, I couldn't give a shit

Last edited:

Have you actually looked at his CV? He has done wonders with international sides ala Switzerland - he got them up to 3rd in the world rankings. He has done wonders with Fulham, Malmo, Inter Milan was his first big club and he went back there as technical director a few years after he left. He just had an AVB moment at Liverpool and the players didn't want to play for him, but that is the 1 and only blemish on a wonderful career.

1947: Born on August 9 in Croydon.
1965-75: Player with Crystal Palace, Gravesend and Northfleet, Maidstone and South African side Berea Park.
1976: Starts managerial career with Halmstad in Sweden, winning two championships.
1980: Joins Bristol City as assistant manager.
1982: Appointed manager at Ashton Gate but dismissed within four months after poor run of results when club is taken over by new owners. Returns to Sweden, where he manages Orebro and then Malmo, who won five consecutive championships and two Swedish Cups under him.
1990: Leaves Sweden for Switzerland, taking over at Neuchatel Xamax.
1992: Becomes manager of Switzerland, whom he takes to the 1994 World Cup finals in the United States. Also in charge when they qualified for Euro 96.
1995: Appointed manager of Inter Milan.
1997: Agrees to become Blackburn manager (left) in the summer. While still at Inter, his side lose to German club Schalke in the UEFA Cup final on penalties.
1998: May: Takes Blackburn into European competition for the first time since 1995 but Rovers win only two of their final 11 Premier League matches to fail in chase for title.
November: Sacked by Blackburn with the club bottom of the Premier League, having taken just nine points from 14 games.
1999: Shortlisted for Austria job. Returns to Inter on April 27 as technical director until the end of the season.
Joins Swiss side Grasshopper.
2000: Appointed coach of Danish side FC Copenhagen. Linked with England job after resignation of Kevin Keegan.
2001: May - Takes Copenhagen to the Superliga title.
August: Takes over as coach of Serie A club Udinese.
December 10 - Udinese and Hodgson part company.
2002: April - Appointed manager of the United Arab Emirates.

2004: January - Sacked after leading side to fifth place at the Gulf Cup.
May - Joins Norwegian side Viking FK.
2005: August - Agrees to take over as boss of Finland national team.
2007: November 30 - Quits after failing to secure qualification for Euro 2008.
December 30 - Appointed Fulham manager.
2008: Fulham win four of their last five Premier League games of the season to stave off relegation.
2009: Guides the Cottagers to their highest ever top-flight finish, seventh, and ensures Europa League qualification.
2010: March 18 - Oversees a stunning second-leg comeback against Juventus in the Europa League quarter-final as a 4-1 win takes Fulham into the quarter-finals 5-4 on aggregate.
May 12 - Hodgson's side go down 2-1 to Atletico Madrid in extra-time in the Europa League final in Hamburg.
July 1 - Announced as new manager of Liverpool on a three-year contract.
September 23 - Dumped out of the League Cup on penalties at Anfield by League Two side Northampton.
October 3 - Poor form continues with a 2-1 defeat to newly-promoted Blackpool - again at Anfield.
October 15 - US company New England Sports Ventures, owner of the Boston Red Sox, complete their takeover of Liverpool.
December 29 - Criticises Reds fans after another home defeat - this time 1-0 to Wolves.
2011: January 8 - Liverpool announce Hodgson has left the club.
February 11 - Takes over as West Brom coach after the Baggies part company with Roberto Di Matteo.
May - Takes West Brom to 11th in the table after a strong end-of-season run.
2012: April 22 - Leads his side to a 1-0 win over Liverpool on his first return to Anfield.
April 29 - West Brom grant the Football Association permission to speak to Hodgson about the vacant manager's position

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-England-interview-Wembley.html#ixzz1tXPxEgLw

Last edited:

kg82

What the hell?! People are given reasoned arguments as to why they prefer Hodgson and you've said that makes you sick? Why would it make you sick?!

Sisu_Cockroaches

Have you actually looked at his CV? He has done wonders with international sides ala Switzerland - he got them up to 3rd in the world rankings. He has done wonders with Fulham, Malmo, Inter Milan was his first big club and he went back there as technical director a few years after he left. He just had an AVB moment at Liverpool and the players didn't want to play for him, but that is the 1 and only blemish on a wonderful career.

He's average Joe, just like you lot. If you actually think you would prefer Roy Hodgons over Harry Redknapp i cant take a word you say seriously. He has done fuck all to warrant this job. He is a puppet on a string just like Andy Thorn and you lot.

He has international experience with 3 countries. How much international experience does HR have?

If you can't take other peoples opinions seriously then why don't you piss off to GMK. You'll fit in nicely over there.

SkyBlueScottie

What has Harry done to deserve the job? ok he has built a fast attacking team in Spurs, he did the same at Pompey, so tell me where has trying to play a fast attacking game on the International scene got England lately?

Sisu_Cockroaches

He has international experience with 3 countries. How much international experience does HR have?

If you can't take other peoples opinions seriously then why don't you piss off to GMK. You'll fit in nicely over there.

If you cant take other people opinions seriously why dont YOU fuck off to GMK.

He's a joke, we will fail to get through the group stages then we will be stuck with him for 3 years then we will be saying we need a new manager and a new vision. Too many drips like you on here.

He's a joke, we will fail to get through the group stages then we will be stuck with him for 3 years then we will be saying we need a new manager and a new vision. Too many drips like you on here.

I think you will find that everyone here has tried to discuss this seriously with you. Please try to respond in a civilised manner. I can't take your opinion seriously because you are not putting an argument forward. You are just insulting everyone.

guicey15

Because we hold Rich in high regard, whereas we regard you as a dickhead. Well i'll return to this thread when we've progressed past the group stage then and see what you have to say about Roy.

kg82

Ha ha, this has brightened up my afternoon... please don't delete it!!!!

I like the bit about people who debate are drips and its why this country is where it is... Very Daily Mail!!

rob9872

I would have gone for Arry too and I don't read the Sun or the mail. I find many of the retorts to the op just as insulting as the bile that he is spouting. Like many adults I am able to form my own opinions and have a number of reasons outlined on other threads on this board as to why Harry is the right choice.

However, in the interests of balance and just becasue I would prefer Arry, doesn't make Hodgson a bad choice either. He will probably be ok, but at the very top level its often decided on whether you get thta little luck, through injuries, suspensions, a refereeing decision or even penalties. Whoever is in charge can only be as good as the players perform and sadly I don't think we have enough quality to beat a team like Spain. I would say 50% of the side are not good enough to compete.

RH's most impressive stat is that he shares a birthday with me :)

Coventry La La La

Thanks for the great thread Sisu_Cockroaches, you've made me realise how good Hodgson could be for England.

Thanks for the stats Rich, there's no reason why Hodgson can't be amazing for England after reading through what he's achieved.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Hahahaha Roy Hodgson as the England manager, you will want Mike Basset next with Benson and Hedgess up front. Its hideous. Redknapp is the only man who the players will respect instantly and play for, we dont have time for Roy. Its best you lot go for your once a week carverys up the Walsgrave then sleep for a bit.

guicey15

Hahahaha Roy Hodgson as the England manager, you will want Mike Basset next with Benson and Hedgess up front. Its hideous. Redknapp is the only man who the players will respect instantly and play for, we dont have time for Roy. Its best you lot go for your once a week carverys up the Walsgrave then sleep for a bit.

We don't have time for you

Sisu_Cockroaches

I would have gone for Arry too and I don't read the Sun or the mail. I find many of the retorts to the op just as insulting as the bile that he is spouting. Like many adults I am able to form my own opinions and have a number of reasons outlined on other threads on this board as to why Harry is the right choice.

However, in the interests of balance and just becasue I would prefer Arry, doesn't make Hodgson a bad choice either. He will probably be ok, but at the very top level its often decided on whether you get thta little luck, through injuries, suspensions, a refereeing decision or even penalties. Whoever is in charge can only be as good as the players perform and sadly I don't think we have enough quality to beat a team like Spain. I would say 50% of the side are not good enough to compete.

RH's most impressive stat is that he shares a birthday with me :)

Who cant beat Spain, Chelsea beat Barcelona with balls. You lack balls in my opinion.

kg82

Couple of things - Mike Bassett was fictional. And you started this off by saying you didn't mind Hodgson but now he's as bad as Mike Bassett?!

rob9872

Who cant beat Spain, Chelsea beat Barcelona with balls. You lack balls in my opinion.

Perhaps I do, but without brains you don't know where to stick your balls.

Fwiw I didn't say we can't beat Spain. Over a one off event anything can happen, however the likelyhood is that the best team will win. Chelsea beating Barcelona doesn't make them the better team it just means that they employed tactics which on that night fortunately worked for them (albeit the missed penalty, possession stats, shots on goal etc etc even in that game). If you seriously believe that our players are better than Spain's current crop then you are more delusional than you have so far been given credit for.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Couple of things - Mike Bassett was fictional. And you started this off by saying you didn't mind Hodgson but now he's as bad as Mike Bassett?!

In all seriousness Roy is a dithering joke, if you have been made redundant from your job at Peugeot dont take it out on me. The guy is not fit for the job and if they leave this thread on here i will put it to the top when we get knocked out. Are you arguing for the point or are you looking for beef lol

Otis

Right decision surely isn't it? How much experience of managing an international team in a big tournament does Harry have? How much does Hodgson have?

Hodgeson has managed at international level and had some success. Redknapp simply hasn't got the experience so it does make sense to go with Hodgson surely?

Sisu_Cockroaches

Right decision surely isn't it? How much experience of managing an international team in a big tournament does Harry have? How much does Hodgson have?

Hodgeson has managed at international level and had some success. Redknapp simply hasn't got the experience so it does make sense to go with Hodgson surely?

I respect your opinion but surely we have got to appoint the bloke who has the x factor, Brian Clough was never appointed, we will regret this decision in the future.

Grendel

In all seriousness Roy is a dithering joke, if you have been made redundant from your job at Peugeot dont take it out on me. The guy is not fit for the job and if they leave this thread on here i will put it to the top when we get knocked out. Are you arguing for the point or are you looking for beef lol

I stared on another thread why this makes more sense. It is not just about 1 tournament. The job encompasses so much more including development of younger players which hodgsons technical ability will excel at. He will be a permanent figure at Burton. Redknap is a tournament manager only and would not move from sandbanks and get involved in the finer detail of the job. His ability to handle media pressure under scrutiny also is highly suspect. Also given the debacle of the last tournament you can see why they went for someone who has already been through that.

Otis

Maybe Hodgson is just in place for the Euro's. You not considered that?

Maybe he will only be temporary.

Grendel

I respect your opinion but surely we have got to appoint the bloke who has the x factor, Brian Clough was never appointed, we will regret this decision in the future.

Clough won trophies. Redknap's cabinet is bare. There is no comparison.

kg82

Looking for beef? Made redundant from Peugeot? What are you on about? You make no sense, there's no fluidity to whatever point you're trying to make! I said I wanted Redknapp, but that'll probably make you "sick" now anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread