Fábio Tavares (3 Viewers)

Tommo1993

To me, in your sentence ‘subject to starting lineup’ says it all. We have a tough game on Friday night against Preston, a couple of knocks, a bit of fatigue, we rest players, go one down to a fluke, go down to ten men (again😁)bottle it…. It’s happened before. After saying all that, I think we’ll win well, but we need to take it seriously, get the job done in the first hour, then rotate.

Despite the relentless games, I can’t see us fielding a team that much different to the other night. Two or three differences maybe

NorthernWisdom

Yeah 2 or 3 at most and in positions like full back and wide forward where they can’t do too much damage and have experience around them.

Lusala, Rus, Di Trolio, and Obikwu have all been on loan at around Maidstone’s level so it shouldn’t be a complete shock. Like I say maybe Andrews at 17 is a bit young but he’s suppose to be a talent.
Obikwu might struggle to get back from Grimsby...

tbh with even my confidence, I'd be a bit worried if I saw a line-up that had Tavares, Rus, Di Trolio all in it from the start. Rus probably does deserve a chance at some point during the game (again, how do we know if he'll make it if we never try him?) but starting him might be a bit much.

shmmeee

tbh with even my confidence, I'd be a bit worried if I saw a line-up that had Tavares, Rus, Di Trolio all in it from the start. Rus probably does deserve a chance at some point during the game (again, how do we know if he'll make it if we never try him?) but starting him might be a bit much.

Im not saying play those players, Im saying we send players of 19/20 to these clubs as it is.

Tavares is a first team player who get first team game time, he’s not a 19 yo kid and was playing at a level higher than Maidstone when he was.

I wouldn’t play Rus or Di Trolio from the start cos they play in central positions, but throwing Stretton and Lusala in our wide I don’t think is the worst idea considering where our first team squad is thin.

robbiethemole

It’s got nothing whatsoever to do with his injury. He’s 23 and never played regular first team football. Taking the injury into account, by the time they’re 21/22 most played have played first team football.
Fadz didn’t get started properly until he was late 20’s

TomRad85

Im not saying play those players, Im saying we send players of 19/20 to these clubs as it is.

Tavares is a first team player who get first team game time, he’s not a 19 yo kid and was playing at a level higher than Maidstone when he was.

I wouldn’t play Rus or Di Trolio from the start cos they play in central positions, but throwing Stretton and Lusala in our wide I don’t think is the worst idea considering where our first team squad is thin.
Eghosa is better than Lusala isn't he?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBT

Already been covered in this thread, but think Tavares really needs to drop down a league and build his career and experience up, either via a loan from us or a transfer. Bit like what Jodi Jones had to do.

Seems a nice lad and maybe has the attributes to make a good player, but as you say, barely any consistent first team football to really speak of
Not sure I’d want to leave if I was him. Realistically this is as good as it gets.

Brighton Sky Blue

Already been covered in this thread, but think Tavares really needs to drop down a league and build his career and experience up, either via a loan from us or a transfer. Bit like what Jodi Jones had to do.

Seems a nice lad and maybe has the attributes to make a good player, but as you say, barely any consistent first team football to really speak of
Simon Moore has been more than happy to just be paid for laying out the cones and so will Tavares

AOM

Simon Moore has been more than happy to just be paid for laying out the cones and so will Tavares

Guess Simon Moore is in the later years of his career though, whereas Tavares is still pretty much starting
I do think you're probably right though

shmmeee

Who is the lad at left back with the vaguely African sounding name? Think he got an injury. Supposed to be good. Completely slipped my mind now.

SlowerThanPlatt

Young players tend get their chance by holding their own in first team training. You don’t need to throw them into a game situation to find out.

ptr

Should think we will see Kai Andrews at some point v Maidstone.

Thought he was absolutely outstanding for the 14 seconds he was on the pitch against Middlesbrough start of the season.

PVA

Maidstone held at home to a draw today by... Hemel Hempstead.

Beginning to think we should go full strength now.

Grendel

Maidstone held at home to a draw today by... Hemel Hempstead.

Beginning to think we should go full strength now.

Hope you manage to get a ticket 🙏

long way home

Its a big summer for him its sort of make or break at the club. Pre season he needs to show he is making progress to keep him in the squad. He has something but needs to show it or he will get left behind.

messiahrobins

Its a big summer for him its sort of make or break at the club. Pre season he needs to show he is making progress to keep him in the squad. He has something but needs to show it or he will get left behind.
He will be moved on, listen very carefully to Robins comments after the game. He praised Tavares but listen to the tone of his voice and then when he says we need more depth.

skyblue_55

Unfortunately, a light weight in every sense of the word.
You should be fearless at that age , but he never beat a man , or even tried to show his pace & the team didn’t want to lose possession so easily, so didn’t pass to him

larry_david

Unfortunately, a light weight in every sense of the word.
You should be fearless at that age , but he never beat a man , or even tried to show his pace & the team didn’t want to lose possession so easily, so didn’t pass to him
I'd argue they passed the ball to him more last night than any other time he's been on the pitch.

He kept possession well and with a team like Saints where you lose the ball you may not get it back again for 5 mins, Again I'd argue he was told, pass pass pass.

I did want to see him attack the full back more but I genuinely thought he changed the game when he came on. He also tracked back and got stuck in a few times. He's got a good cross on him too.

Will he make it with us? No he probably won't but he is improving and I'm sure he'd start taking more people on with extra minutes on the pitch. I'd start him next match to be honest, we need to use the squad more

Otis

I'd argue they passed the ball to him more last night than any other time he's been on the pitch.

He kept possession well and with a team like Saints where you lose the ball you may not get it back again for 5 mins, Again I'd argue he was told, pass pass pass.

I did want to see him attack the full back more but I genuinely thought he changed the game when he came on. He also tracked back and got stuck in a few times. He's got a good cross on him too.

Will he make it with us? No he probably won't but he is improving and I'm sure he'd start taking more people on with extra minutes on the pitch. I'd start him next match to be honest, we need to use the squad more
I thought he was pretty good when he came on, but I wouldn't say he kept possession well.

He was quite sloppy at times and a few of his passes went astray.

Cally Fedora

You have to factor in that he isn’t a winger. Despite his pace he’s essentially a poacher. He never gets played there, which is correct given where he is in the pecking order, but also means it’s difficult to judge him. He’s picked up goals when he has played there albeit against poor opposition. Retain Simms and Wright. Replace Godden. Introduce Mason-Clark and in that scenario I think Tavares is ok as part of the squad.

Martin180

I would retain him for next season . He is improving , albeit from a pretty low bar , and with a proper preseason he could be a decent squad player for next season

Users who are viewing this thread