Exciting loan tomorrow? (3 Viewers)

covbromsgrove

I think you'll find everyone was off at Ryton yesterday, so nothing happened.

Isn't it funny, everyone hears a comment by Robins and cryptically believe it's a loanee coming in? He said 'he made provisions' for the tiredness the players will be feeling after Portsmouth game. Maybe he took them to a spa? But, no, it means a loanee, go figure?

Great_Expectations

At a guess I’m going with Jordan Clarke

Be a massive anti climax if so.

I appreciate we have no natural RB’s for Saturday, but Dabo’s suspension is only one game and Pask will be back at some point.

Whereas a creative midfielder will have more of contributiton to the season overall and fills a hole in the current squad.

Reactions: vow

Manchester_sky_blue

Be a massive anti climax if so.

I appreciate we have no natural RB’s for Saturday, but Dabo’s suspension is only one game and Pask will be back at some point.

Whereas a creative midfielder will have more of contributiton to the season overall and fills a hole in the current squad.
I think McCallum will play RB with Wakefield on the bench as right hand side cover.

fatso

We dont need to jump into the loan market to cover 1 game!
And anyway, why give someone elses youngsters some experience, when we've got some great young lads of our own coming through.

Terry Gibson's perm

Surely we could play deep pockets Hickman if not what’s the point in him being here

shmmeee

Is it me, or did we used to have players out of position way more than we do today?

I remember strikers being put in defence, midfielders at full back (still get Isaac Osbourne flashbacks). Doesn’t seem to happen these days.

Terry Gibson's perm

Is it me, or did we used to have players out of position way more than we do today?

I remember strikers being put in defence, midfielders at full back (still get Isaac Osbourne flashbacks). Doesn’t seem to happen these days.

We used to have midfielders who could play in multiple positions not just attacking or defensive the old box to box type.

Terry Gibson's perm

I g
We tried to get rid of him, but we had to follow EFL disciplinary procedure, which covers young players at academies.
So he's had a smack bottom and been sent to bed early every night for a week!
I guess he will be off then at the first opportunity

Mr Panda

I seem to remember a period where we would only ever have one recognised winger and people like McKenzie, Mifsud and Eastwood would be pushed out wide to cover. Seemed to be years that we never had a decent left winger

Manchester_sky_blue

We dont need to jump into the loan market to cover 1 game!
And anyway, why give someone elses youngsters some experience, when we've got some great young lads of our own coming through.
The u18 and u23 squads are lacking in right backs though. Hickman was the only recognised RB and i presume he's gone now despite still being listed on the offal. He hasn't played for the u23s at any rate. Agree we can manage without a loanee RB but we could do with picking up a couple of young RBs to develop through the reserves.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I seem to remember a period where we would only ever have one recognised winger and people like McKenzie, Mifsud and Eastwood would be pushed out wide to cover. Seemed to be years that we never had a decent left winger

Had a few years of the 4-5-1 becoming 4-3-3 was the 'in' formation but the entire time we played it we put forwards as the wide men. It's not that different to how we play now but they've finally realised it's better to have wide midfielders in the front 3 instead because they'll spend far more of the game doing midfield duties than striker duties. Only took the managers and coaches 10 years to work out what a lot of fans could see after 10 games.

fatso

The u18 and u23 squads are lacking in right backs though. Hickman was the only recognised RB and i presume he's gone now despite still being listed on the offal. He hasn't played for the u23s at any rate. Agree we can manage without a loanee RB but we could do with picking up a couple of young RBs to develop through the reserves.
I agree, but i think getting rid of the deadwood first would free up funds to do just that.

cc84cov

Looks a number 10 kind of player or maybe either side of Godden ? Looks a very classy little player

Last edited:

TTG

So can someone explain the avengers link?

better days

I'd like to see Hickman loaned out, along with the other dead wood (Brown, Alissani, and Biamou)
That might free up some wages to buy a decent young player of our own.
Wasn't Hickman at Mansfield on loan recently?
Don't know if he's come back

Users who are viewing this thread