Ex Player Watch (18 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

I wonder if Sambou ever wonders what might have been if he had stopped, or does he just look at his bank and think it’s ok?

SlowerThanPlatt

He played in pretty decent youth sides with the likes of Bayliss, Harries, Maddison, George Thomas and Shipley - these 5 all signed pro with us played in our 23s and 1 is in the Premier League, 3 Championship, and 1 League 1. At a smaller club there’s a plan and a pathway to the first team. From what I heard Everton had been aware of him for a while in second year of his scholarship, he scored against Arsenal in the FAYC and then a hat trick against Barnsley after that the club knew the chances of him staying were slim.

If he had the chance again I think he would stay but you only get one career in football and it’s difficult to begrudge anyone an opportunity to try their luck at a big Premier League club

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Luke Steele was on the UTC podcast last week and talks about his time with us, and goes into detail about the training ground fight between Doyler and Robert Page starts at 51:50

Just got into these, Matt Kilgallon is my favourite so far. Parkin starts to grate after a while though with his whole fuck the club attitude

fernandopartridge

I like Undr the Cosh and agree Parkin is a bit of an ignorant c**t, though not in the same league as his fellow tyke Darren Gough. That said, they're far more interesting to listen to than the robotic PL 'ex pros', imagine a podcast with people like Jermain Jenas and Shearer on it.

I enjoyed the Darren Sheridan one, didn't realise he was John's brother until he started talking.

Another interesting one from a Cov point of view is Stephen McPhee, who talks about his time at Cov. He is no fan of Strachan who does sound like a bit of a c**t tbh.

ccfctommy

Watch the Si Ferry ones. Never heard of him but he played for Swindon under Di Canio. Some hilarious stories about him. The second half is him at Celtic, the stories about Thomas Gravesen are gold.

SleepyGinger

Watch the Si Ferry ones. Never heard of him but he played for Swindon under Di Canio. Some hilarious stories about him. The second half is him at Celtic, the stories about Thomas Gravesen are gold.
Listened to a few of these the di canio stories are brilliant, wish the lads who done the sky blue extra podcasts pushed the players to tell a few more stories. They are always a bit by the book. How did you career start, how was you time at cov etc etc.

fernandopartridge

Listened to a few of these the di canio stories are brilliant, wish the lads who done the sky blue extra podcasts pushed the players to tell a few more stories. They are always a bit by the book. How did you career start, how was you time at cov etc etc.
The SBE are tedious in the end, could excuse it early doors but it's the same old thing every time. The lads on it are nice enough but have very little instinct to probe

SleepyGinger

The SBE are tedious in the end, could excuse it early doors but it's the same old thing every time. The lads on it are nice enough but have very little instinct to probe
That’s it, you’ve listened to one you’ve listened to them all, it’s like they go into the podcasts with a list of 20 questions, do seem like genuine lads though.

Blind-Faith

Luke Steele was on the UTC podcast last week and talks about his time with us, and goes into detail about the training ground fight between Doyler and Robert Page starts at 51:50

He seems like a good bloke. Love the training ground story. The good old days of beating derby and high field road, love a bit of early morning nostalgia 😂

Si80

I like Undr the Cosh and agree Parkin is a bit of an ignorant c**t, though not in the same league as his fellow tyke Darren Gough. That said, they're far more interesting to listen to than the robotic PL 'ex pros', imagine a podcast with people like Jermain Jenas and Shearer on it.

I enjoyed the Darren Sheridan one, didn't realise he was John's brother until he started talking.

Another interesting one from a Cov point of view is Stephen McPhee, who talks about his time at Cov. He is no fan of Strachan who does sound like a bit of a c**t tbh.

Shearer on the All to Play For podcast with Joe Cole and Tom Davis is pretty decent tbf

Fergusons_Beard

Ex players on the move in January Transfer Window-
Tony Andreu (unattached)Ross County
Mathew Pennington (Everton) On loan to Shrewsbury.

What a waste of a career for Pennington!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Terry Gibson's perm

Pennington will have made a lot of money just hanging around at Everton and then going out to clubs on loan which are actually the level he should play at.

Frostie

Bailly Cargill gone from MK Dons to Forest Green. He's another I thought would have a better career than he has.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Bailly Cargill gone from MK Dons to Forest Green. He's another I thought would have a better career than he has.

Mental to think Jack Stephens was one of the players of the match against Man City at the weekend.

Those two were on loan with us at the same time and I thought both were decent. Couldn't have gone in more opposite directions.

SBAndy

Pennington will have made a lot of money just hanging around at Everton and then going out to clubs on loan which are actually the level he should play at.

Everton seem to make a habit of this. Look at someone like Luke Garbutt, released by Everton aged 27 having barely played for them.

Terry Gibson's perm

Everton seem to make a habit of this. Look at someone like Luke Garbutt, released by Everton aged 27 having barely played for them.

It seems mad to me as they are never going to make it at 27 realistically and then look how low they drop, I thought we might have gone for Garbutt in the summer but he ended up lower down.

no_loyalty

Bayliss replaced at half time, with Preston 3-1 down at Wycombe.

Gibbo

Mental to think Jack Stephens was one of the players of the match against Man City at the weekend.

Those two were on loan with us at the same time and I thought both were decent. Couldn't have gone in more opposite directions.
Crikey, didn't realise that was the same Jack Stephens

Sky Blue Harry H

PNE boss Alex Neill (took Bayliss and one other off at half time) after loss to Wycombe

"The simple fact is we gave opportunities to players who haven't been playing of late, and people ask why they haven't been playing, and I think it was quite clear today. They shouldn't have any complaints if they're not in the team for a long time."

Users who are viewing this thread