Ex Player Watch (8 Viewers)

Terry_dactyl

I watched Adam Armstrong score a wonder goal vs Cardiff yesterday. He looked a handful throughout tbh. Cardiff’s first wasn’t bad either mind.

Terry_dactyl

Maybe just not quite good enough? Having said that I think he’s scored about 14 this season and the commentator was saying that Mowbray has rotated the Blackburn forwards quite a bit so his tally represents a really good return.
Seeing him yesterday he reminded me of Shane Long.

fernandopartridge

Maybe just not quite good enough? Having said that I think he’s scored about 14 this season and the commentator was saying that Mowbray has rotated the Blackburn forwards quite a bit so his tally represents a really good return.
Seeing him yesterday he reminded me of Shane Long.
He's played 78 consecutive games I saw on twitter, so he's not been rotated much

Terry_dactyl

He's played 78 consecutive games I saw on twitter, so he's not been rotated much
Ha! I’ve been watching the games via a cardiff season ticket on their cardiff tv channel, a bit like ifollow I guess. I’ve been laughing a little at the commentator, saying how lacking in enthusiasm he is. Tbf it’s probably just Gethin, from the ticket office or something.
Now I find out not only does he sound really bored, the little shit is so bored he’s just making stuff up...and I’m relating it to others!
Next you’ll be telling me Callum Patterson won’t be starring in the next Mission Impossible movie, which is due to be filmed in Splott.

Joy Division

Interesting UTC episode with Chris Kirkland. Some tales about his time at Cov (around 12:14 ish). Gary Mac tapped him up to sign for Liverpool, Paul Williams knocking Bellamy out in training etc

Terry_dactyl

In the little I watched he comes across really well And clearly has a lot of love for his time at the city.
Aside from confirming what we all knew about Bellamy it was good to hear about Dublin. We weren’t bad for a while back then!

Legia Sky Blue

In the little I watched he comes across really well And clearly has a lot of love for his time at the city.
Aside from confirming what we all knew about Bellamy it was good to hear about Dublin. We weren’t bad for a while back then!

Dublin and Bellamy weren't at the club at the same time so he got mixed up on that, but nevertheless still interesting to hear, particularly about Bellamy. The trouble for us and largely why we got relegated was that unlike at his other clubs, for us Bellamy didn't perform well enough to put to one side his annoying personality.

Terry_dactyl

Dublin and Bellamy weren't at the club at the same time so he got mixed up on that, but nevertheless still interesting to hear, particularly about Bellamy. The trouble for us and largely why we got relegated was that unlike at his other clubs, for us Bellamy didn't perform well enough to put to one side his annoying personality.
Yeah, slightly mixed up but his point about Dublin being captain and commanding respect was interesting I thought. Good to hear.
You can also imagine Strachan taking no prisoners. Like the story of him stopping that school bus to chastise all the kids onboard for making rude gestures at him and his wife!
I think you’re Spot-on about Bellamy. What’s extra annoying was how good he became almost immediately after leaving us. Sounds like Willo wasn’t impressed either...good!

mr_monkey

Yeah, slightly mixed up but his point about Dublin being captain and commanding respect was interesting I thought. Good to hear.
You can also imagine Strachan taking no prisoners. Like the story of him stopping that school bus to chastise all the kids onboard for making rude gestures at him and his wife!
I think you’re Spot-on about Bellamy. What’s extra annoying was how good he became almost immediately after leaving us. Sounds like Willo wasn’t impressed either...good!

The Bellamy signing was destined to fail from day one I think, he didn't want to be here as he wanted to go to Newcastle but that move never materialised and we all expected him to have as big an impact as Keane did when he joined which unfortunately didn't happen.

The biggest what if from that season is what would have happened if we had got Hartson in earlier, would that have taken some of the pressure off Bellamy and maybe allowed him some more freedom with hartson's style of play and goals

fernandopartridge

The Bellamy signing was destined to fail from day one I think, he didn't want to be here as he wanted to go to Newcastle but that move never materialised and we all expected him to have as big an impact as Keane did when he joined which unfortunately didn't happen.

The biggest what if from that season is what would have happened if we had got Hartson in earlier, would that have taken some of the pressure off Bellamy and maybe allowed him some more freedom with hartson's style of play and goals
Yeah, and we could have spent the Bellamy money on a much needed centre half and signed Lee Carsley sooner to boot

Users who are viewing this thread