Ex Player Watch (13 Viewers)

skybluegod

You'd think Keogh has a case for age related discrimination under the Equalities Act, if the other two players dont suffer the same fate. He wasnt even the drink driving.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Exactly. Derby may have screwed up here

Tommo1993

"As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute”

So they absolutely have to sack the other two players. Otherwise it’s scandalous, to say the least.

skyblue025

Keogh was the club captain, is supposed to be older and wiser. He should of been setting the example. He should of stopped them driving not jumped into the car and become a part of it. It's harsh on him that the others haven't been sacked as well but I can see the club's side of it.

Tommo1993

Keogh was the club captain, is supposed to be older and wiser. He should of been setting the example. He should of stopped them driving not jumped into the car and become a part of it. It's harsh on him that the others haven't been sacked as well but I can see the club's side of it.

What’s the club’s side of it? The two who were drink driving and initially fled the scene should be let off because they have a resale value? It’s an injustice and totally contradicts their statements.

He is the skipper, and it was daft to get in a car being driven by a drunkard. May as well have played Russian roulette. But the drivers committed a criminal offence and still didn’t suffer the same fate (I’m aware they are paying the penalty for it in legal terms). DCFC look like a joke atm, hope it goes to tribunal. I just intensely hate drunk drivers.

I will add that I think it’s also daft he didn’t take the reduced pay. The whole situation is stupid.

lapsed_skyblue

I've read the thread on this on the Derby County website and it covers a fair range of opinions as it does in this thread. There are a large number of posters there who think that the club's decision is correct for the club but there are also concerns that the 3 players involved have not been treated equally: the "take a pay cut or we sack you" stance has caused discomfort.
I think that the club could get away with dismissing the club captain compared to only disciplining the others but the pay cut offer alternative could well lead to a conclusion that their actions were less than fair.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just watched a bit of Dundee v Morton (gash game) but saw that James McPake is Dundee's manager.

Woolly68

Just watched the Barnsley v Bristol City game. Livened up in the second half. Luke Thomas came on at about 60 minutes. Conor Chaplin played from the start but was substituted with about 10-15 minutes to go. City 2-0 up and Barnsley equalised on 90+4. Exciting finish to the game. Chaplin didn’t score.

Skybluefaz

Just watched the Barnsley v Bristol City game. Livened up in the second half. Luke Thomas came on at about 60 minutes. Conor Chaplin played from the start but was substituted with about 10-15 minutes to go. City 2-0 up and Barnsley equalised on 90+4. Exciting finish to the game. Chaplin didn’t score.
How did Thomas do?

cc84cov

Just in an Italian in Leamington & Eric Black is sat on the table next to me said hello think he was surprised I remember who he was.Finished with football now works with his son as a cabinet maker.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Just in an Italian in Leamington & Eric Black is sat on the table next to me said hello think he was surprised I remember who he was.Finished with football now works with his son as a cabinet maker.

Wait till robins gets sacked and people will be calling for him to come back.

He was done in the end. Stopped caring about the results and the hotel times beat him.

Fair play and goodnight luck to him

Irish Sky Blue

Did you get a chance to ask him about his sacking from Coventry? There have been some terrible football decisions made a board level but to replace him with Peter Reid has to be one of the worst.

cc84cov

Did you get a chance to ask him about his sacking from Coventry? There have been some terrible football decisions made a board level but to replace him with Peter Reid has to be one of the worst.
We spoke for about 10 mins about the state of the club etc I mentioned the fuck up appointment of Peter Reid after him when he had us playing good football etc down to earth fella mate

cc84cov

Wait till robins gets sacked and people will be calling for him to come back.

He was done in the end. Stopped caring about the results and the hotel times beat him.

Fair play and goodnight luck to him
Who black ? He wanted the job we went and appointed peter Reid,Black had us playing good football at the time

sw88

Chief Commentator!

When we get our new ground, I think we should campaign to get one of his cabinets as our trophy cabinet, with his water mark on the side, so he will always form part of our furniture

DannyThomas_1981

When we get our new ground, I think we should campaign to get one of his cabinets as our trophy cabinet, with his water mark on the side, so he will always form part of our furniture

Let's just hope that his business is focused on producing small cabinet orders.

DannyThomas_1981

We should keep Blackie in mind if Adi leaves any point. Brilliant coach and in my view the most unfair sacking in my time watching the club.

harvey098

I can’t understand Ben Turner playing in non-league. How did he go from championship to there so quickly? He’s only 31... surely should be playing in league 1 or 2? Have I missed something?

SlowerThanPlatt

I can’t understand Ben Turner playing in non-league. How did he go from championship to there so quickly? He’s only 31... surely should be playing in league 1 or 2? Have I missed something?

He turned down Mansfield’s contract offer. I imagine Notts County are paying him a very decent amount

SlowerThanPlatt

Steven Pressley sacked by Carlisle after defeat in the Checkatrade last night. He seems a good developer of young players but a not so good manager

SlowerThanPlatt

I didn’t realise Reice Charles Cook was at Macclesfield now. Crazy to think he was in goal and broke records for the longest time we went without conceding in our history but hasn’t played a single game in the league for them and only been used in the Checkatrade

He didn’t play in the league at Shrewsbury either and neither when he went to play in the Danish league

Gazolba

It seems that with Kane and Rashford being the hot favourites and the rise of Tammy Abtaham, Callum Wilson has been reduced to just a footnote in the England international set-up.
Can't see him getting many caps now unless he moves to a more glamorous club.

Users who are viewing this thread