Ex Player Watch (5 Viewers)

Hoofhearted

I’d love him to get involved with us! He always gets mentioned for driving players in the podcasts and interviews and you can see the impact he brought to developing the younger lads.
Think Notts County have offered him a new 1 year deal, also Kelly-Evans has as well I think.

RingoCCFC

Think Notts County have offered him a new 1 year deal, also Kelly-Evans has as well I think.

Just seen that, I can’t believe he’s still wanting to go! Doylers a right nutty guy! He’ll be 40 by the end of that deal is he trying to leave football in a wheelchair! They’ve got an assistant manager so I can’t see a route for him into coaching at the club there or being a player coach of some sort.

With him living in the area you think we’d be able to offer a guy with his skill sets and leadership attributes something down the line though and I’d love to see that! Would be like a mini Oggy in the making!

Honestly was gutted for him not County for them failing at Wembley as he always try’s to give it 200%. I honestly think he’s perhaps staying on as he’s not the sort of guy to walk away from something he’s not succeeded in! Best do it next season or like I said that mans destined to be wheelchair bound!

hamil99

Facebook User
Have to say in his interview Jak admitted to the mistakes he made at Cov and that he has grown because of it. Hes only 21, and i fully agree with moving him on as what he did was pretty unacceptable, but i'm glad hes getting another chance and i hope he takes it.

Edit: I got his age wrong initially.

Last edited:

Ccfcisparks

Have to say in his interview Jak admitted to the mistakes he made at Cov and that he has grown because of it. Hes only 19, and i fully agree with moving him on as what he did was pretty unacceptable, but i'm glad hes getting another chance and i hope he takes it.
He’s not 19, he’s turning 22 next month.

shepardo01

They've given Jak Hickman a 12 month deal, with a one year option. Silly lad if he messes that opportunity up.
These things do not just happen.
It's highly likely they had him watched at Bromsgrove (3rd tier of Non League -decent standard) and then had him in for a period of pre-season before offering a contract.
He will have had to have worked for this so despite his previous, fair play to the lad!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Have to say in his interview Jak admitted to the mistakes he made at Cov and that he has grown because of it. Hes only 21, and i fully agree with moving him on as what he did was pretty unacceptable, but i'm glad hes getting another chance and i hope he takes it.

Edit: I got his age wrong initially.

Ian Evatt touches on his past too saying everyone deserves a second chance.

Kind of agree but it had to be away from here. Be interesting to see how he gets on!

Same for Evatt really - I didn’t even realise he was Bolton’s gaffer now!

Terry_dactyl

Callum Wilson named as Newcastle’s top summer transfer target. I think people called it on here. Fingers crossed they value him as highly as they did Joelinton.

Alkhen

Need a mini bidding war to start. He had a poor season but he is a proven Premier league scorer and was hampered by Bournemouth losing key creative players. I'd say he is way less of a risk than an unproven import.

Terry_dactyl

Need a mini bidding war to start. He had a poor season but he is a proven Premier league scorer and was hampered by Bournemouth losing key creative players. I'd say he is way less of a risk than an unproven import.
You’d think so. I guess his wages could be a stumbling block.

Terry Gibson's perm

If Bournemouth had any sense they would try to loan him out so he is waiting for them if they get promoted, or maybe they don’t believe they will go straight back up.

Alkhen

Isn't 100k per week not about the going rate for a main striker in the Prem nowadays? Anyhow he might just take a minor pay cut to stay in the big league. I mean if he wants any chance of getting a squad place at Euro 2021 then it's his only chance.

Alkhen

Just looking at some Prem salaries in the middle tier clubs

Yarmolenko at West Ham is on 115k
Wilshire is on 100k 😬

Slimani and Silva(?) at Leicester are on 80k per week

Bernard at Everton is on 120k and a faded Walcott is on 100k

Benteke at Palace.. 100k per week fecking Connor Wickham is on 60k ffs

Wolves have 2 on 100k The Gk and Moutinho

Even Muto and toon is on 54k per week!

I don't think wages would put too many of the desparate middling teams off

Terry_dactyl

Just looking at some Prem salaries in the middle tier clubs

Yarmolenko at West Ham is on 115k
Wilshire is on 100k 😬

Slimani and Silva(?) at Leicester are on 80k per week

Bernard at Everton is on 120k and a faded Walcott is on 100k

Benteke at Palace.. 100k per week fecking Connor Wickham is on 60k ffs

Wolves have 2 on 100k The Gk and Moutinho

Even Muto and toon is on 54k per week!

I don't think wages would put too many of the desparate middling teams off
Christ! Those wages are incredible. Wilson’s represents value for money then.

Users who are viewing this thread