Ex Player Watch (10 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

And you think that he would be competitive at that level then-right you are.
Remind me where he’s playing again?.....,

You appeared to be talking about when he first came into the team which your “blaze of glory” comment alludes to and that anyone with half a football brain could see he wasn’t going to make it, clearly Brentford disagreed at the time

Terry Gibson's perm

Luke Thomas playing for Barnsley against Leeds on Sky. Chaplin on the bench.

So with our 5 players last season who have moved onto the Championship only Thomas has been a regular starter. Sterling has played one League Cup game, Bayliss has played two League Cup games and Bright has played one League Cup game with 48 minutes in the Championship.

You would imagine Chelsea and wolves will be looking to move them to other clubs as soon as they can.

SlowerThanPlatt

You would imagine Chelsea and wolves will be looking to move them to other clubs as soon as they can.

I don’t know if it shows in Bright’s case that League One is a massive step up from the Championship, even the teams in the relegation zone, or that he needs a team to be built around him and be the main man for him to stand out like he was here

Adge

You appeared to be talking about when he first came into the team which your “blaze of glory” comment alludes to and that anyone with half a football brain could see he wasn’t going to make it, clearly Brentford disagreed at the time
Wolves did also some time later (who were at the same level as Brentford) but soon realised they had purchased a dud and binned him off to the Greek 3rd division or whatever overseas team it was and now I guess he has probably found his level at L2 although some may still dispute that.

SlowerThanPlatt

Wolves did also some time later (who were at the same level as Brentford) but soon realised they had purchased a dud and binned him off to the Greek 3rd division or whatever overseas team it was and now I guess he has probably found his level at L2 although some may still dispute that.

Doesn’t Wolves signing him just go further against your point what was originally that anyone with a football brain could see he wasn’t going to make it? Unless you think Brentford and Wolves recruitment teams who would have watched him numerous times know little about football?

Irish Sky Blue

Is it? Ok. We’ve seen them all before coming into the first team in a blaze of glory and as it’s a new face/something different people go over the top being “one of our own”
Same with Haynes et al, had a reasonable debut, one or two reasonably good games after that and we all know the rest.
Nothing to see here.
I don’t understand this. They are either an effective player or they’re not. It doesn’t matter to me if they have come through the academy or not. The Kelly Evans twins would be a case in point. I always thought that Dion ( the full back) looked a good player. His brother I was never convinced by. I think this “you only like him because he is one of our own” is a myth. The amount of stick that Shipley has taken until recently, on here and at the games would surely lay that myth to rest.

Adge

I agree, couldn’t give a monkeys if they are from Mars or wherever. If they are good enough they are old enough etc etc.
Stevenson was garbage-part of one of the worst teams ever to wear the Sky Blue shirt and for some reason people still rated him.

SlowerThanPlatt

I agree, couldn’t give a monkeys if they are from Mars or wherever. If they are good enough they are old enough etc etc.
Stevenson was garbage-part of one of the worst teams ever to wear the Sky Blue shirt and for some reason people still rated him.

I’m just wondering what you think about this Adge as I wasn’t on here when the article came out

PRESS WATCH: Sky Blues Named In Top 20 Producers Of Premier League Players

Oh just seen there was a thread but you didn’t post your thoughts Coventry jump 113 places to enter TOP 20 European academies!

Last edited:

SBAndy

Jordan Willis was part of one of the worst teams ever to wear sky blue. Take it he was garbage as well? Or are you just using that argument as it suits your revisionist agenda?

Adge

Jordan Willis was part of one of the worst teams ever to wear sky blue. Take it he was garbage as well? Or are you just using that argument as it suits your revisionist agenda?
Yep-that season he was too. Good for him though that he came back from it/improved and moved on.

chiefdave

Chris Camwell has been released by Nuneaton and has signed for Coventry United.

Bit odd, he seemed highly rated here before being released in the summer. When he went to Nuneaton they were hyping him up as a key player and that he would be using them to get back playing in the EFL.

cc84cov

Just watching James Maddison spurs can’t get close to him...most assists last season in premiership but as he don’t play for any of the top 4 doesn’t get a look in for England the lad is different gravy

Walsgrave

Sneering fucking goons.

Apart from the sneering, there is a grain of truth to what they say.

It's crazy how far some players drop. Sphinx and United seem to be picking up players who were once heralded at youth level. Yesterday a certain Jack Challis signed for Sphinx - he'd been playing for Birmingham, Bristol City and captained Wales at under 19 level just two years ago only to drop out. Guess it highlights the flaws of th academy system which does not prepare good players for futures in men's football.

skybluegod

Just watching James Maddison spurs can’t get close to him...most assists last season in premiership but as he don’t play for any of the top 4 doesn’t get a look in for England the lad is different gravy

Not even close to having the most assists in the premier League last season. He was 15th. He did create the most chances though.

Great player though I agree and has been rewarded with a call up in the last squad and should have got some minutes.

lifeskyblue

How much is he worth now? great strike and played superbly throughout

In today’s prices £60million plus. Got to say he is a game changer and should have been given time by Southgate in the last couple of England games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Now he has cut down on the ‘diving’ antics he looks more focused on doing something positive with the ball; shots, slide rule passes and even tracking opposition players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooperskyblue

He is absolutely class, Leicester would want £90m+ and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some big european sides going in for him.

chiefdave

Sometimes a player gets so disillusioned with dropping so low he just keeps on dropping
It must be hard mentally as a young player. One minute you think you're on the verge of breaking through to first team football in L1 and hearing of interest from clubs in higher divisions. Next you're getting released from Boro and playing for Cov United.

Wonder what the stats are on young players making it back up the EFL and playing regularly. Can't imagine they're great.

Walsgrave

It must be hard mentally as a young player. One minute you think you're on the verge of breaking through to first team football in L1 and hearing of interest from clubs in higher divisions. Next you're getting released from Boro and playing for Cov United.

Wonder what the stats are on young players making it back up the EFL and playing regularly. Can't imagine they're great.

He's just put United 1-0 up.

Some players do need to drop a few levels and do well to get their confidence back up. Clearly Camwell is a case in point. Otherwise they hit a stumbling block and either stagnate or keep falling.

Users who are viewing this thread