Ex-councillor Brian Patton to stand v Ann Lucas on Get Cov Back to the Ricoh platform (2 Viewers)

Rusty Trombone

Not really with lucas and her henchman Ainsworth at the helm it aint gonna happen.

So is your plan to let them have the ground and anything else they want for less than it's value so that they can make some money back for their investors?

ccfcway

The club needs the acquisition to improve asset value. The hedge fund strategy was to sell the club after five years. Their support for ranson was deluded and then there was a period of drift. Now this is a ten year project which is not unheard of in hedge fund policy. If the Ricoh isms attained they will seek to try and gain elevation through the leagues and then sell.

great, lets hope your right. They bought us in Dec 2007, so they were due to sell before 2012 ?,

Now this is a policy to gain elevation through the leagues and sell before 2017 ?

An exciting 3 years ahead then ?

Astute

They won't cut there losses and walk , your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think thats what a hedge fund does.

So you know about hedge funds?

They are a high risk investment. Not the sort of thing you would put all your savings in. Sometimes you can make a lot of money. Sometimes you can lose a lot. The higher the risk the more of the chance of a big earner or big loss. Joy has gone for the high risk all or nothing. But she knows that there will always be a deal to be done once she has run out of ways of getting what would be great for her investors.

J

Jack Griffin

So you know about hedge funds?

They are a high risk investment. Not the sort of thing you would put all your savings in. Sometimes you can make a lot of money. Sometimes you can lose a lot. The higher the risk the more of the chance of a big earner or big loss. Joy has gone for the high risk all or nothing. But she knows that there will always be a deal to be done once she has run out of ways of getting what would be great for her investors.

For sure, the odds are that Joy will have to make some humiliating deal with new owners and or move back to the Ricoh in a few years time.
Her investors are not going to sink another £30M in the club to build a new stadium, there is no return in that strategy.

mrtrench

With all due respect, you might want to question the reasons for your pride a bit.

Are you…

Proud of the fact that £millions less is coming into the city because the football team doesn’t play there?

Proud of the fact that rather than speak out about their plans for the future or ask questions councillors are being gagged by their leaders?

Proud of the fact that the opposition, rather than speak out, are complicit with the ruling group? Is this democracy in action in Coventry?

Proud of the fact that major investors in the city are being put off by the prospect of getting caught up in a similar scenario?

And so forth.

It is completely ridiculous that a council is refusing to negotiate on a stadium with a limited value and in doing so is preventing millions of pounds from being spent in the city.

I am proud that they have not keeled over under pressure from a litigious bully. Most of your points are consequences of SISU's behaviour. One cannot be proud of a consequence, only the behaviour itself. To draw a simile, your argument to me saying I am proud of Britain for standing up against Hitler might be: 'So are you proud that 60 million people died in WWII?'.

I hope S doesn't stand for Stevens - because I had him down as a intelligent educated chap.

Last edited:

skybluethinker

Brian Patton Ex Labour Ex Liberal EX SPURS ???????????

In a political interview by students in 2010 which can be viewed on You Tube, Brian was asked about his likes and dislikes, and said that although he was born in Coventry he has been a Spurs supporter since 1966.

An opportunist perhaps ? B

Brian claims he was ousted from the Labour Group for voting against (or abstaining ? ) in 1993 when the council was voting to provide funds to build the Ricoh, without which the Sky Blues may well have folded long before now.
Councillors of all parties voted to fund a stadium which the Sky Blues could never have afforded to build.

Where were Brian's loyalties in 1987 ?

ccfcway

In a political interview by students in 2010 which can be viewed on You Tube, Brian was asked about his likes and dislikes, and said that although he was born in Coventry he has been a Spurs supporter since 1966.

An opportunist perhaps ? B

Brian claims he was ousted from the Labour Group for voting against (or abstaining ? ) in 1993 when the council was voting to provide funds to build the Ricoh, without which the Sky Blues may well have folded long before now.
Councillors of all parties voted to fund a stadium which the Sky Blues could never have afforded to build.

Where were Brian's loyalties in 1987 ?

typical. Yet another jumping on the sky blues glory hunting bang wagon, whilst spurs are langushing in 6th in the prem and will only just scrap into Europe this season

;)

wingy

They won't cut there losses and walk , your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think thats what a hedge fund does.

I suggest you research Crystal Palaces Admin In 2010 ,under Gilfoyles stewardship IIRC.

The name of said Hedge fund eludes me but they were In for £30M. and got out ,leaving a group of successful Palace fans to take over ,securing the Stadium also as It had hit Admin at the same time.

Grendel

Rent was the same as at HR. Couldn't afford to stay there either?

Play down the Memorial?

So many bitter tears in this thread, I bet the manifesto is written in green ink.

There was no "rent" at the Ricoh - that was penalties imposed as we hadnt moved out. Oh and we were £60 million in debt as well.

RegTheDonk

I suggest you research Crystal Palaces Admin In 2010 ,under Gilfoyles stewardship IIRC.

The name of said Hedge fund eludes me but they were In for £30M. and got out ,leaving a group of successful Palace fans to take over ,securing the Stadium also as It had hit Admin at the same time.

Tell you what, under current circumstances that would be a dream come true .... fan ownership and now a top flight team. Fair play to them.

shmmeee

There was no "rent" at the Ricoh - that was penalties imposed as we hadnt moved out. Oh and we were £60 million in debt as well.

Sorry, you'll have to help me decipher the grammar on this one.

You mean at HR? I thought the entire point was the figure for the Ricoh was that it was set at the same figure as the last year at HR. What's your source for the penalties? Not heard that before. Not sure what the debt has to do with the rent either, little help?

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Play down the Memorial?

So many bitter tears in this thread, I bet the manifesto is written in green ink.

Probably weren't paying £40 an hour for cleaners at HR though to be fair.

Anybody know how to apply for a cleaning job at the Ricoh?

Astute

Probably weren't paying £40 an hour for cleaners at HR though to be fair.

Anybody know how to apply for a cleaning job at the Ricoh?

Could you manage the wrath of Grendel if you became a CCC employee?

Nick

Administrator

Play down the Memorial?

Not half as bitter as your posts lately :) ;) :p

torchomatic

Yes, the last year. What about the 105 previous to that or does mentioning that make you a little uncomfy?

You mean at HR? I thought the entire point was the figure for the Ricoh was that it was set at the same figure as the last year at HR.

chiefdave

Yes, the last year. What about the 105 previous to that or does mentioning that make you a little uncomfy?

I wonder if you look back at those 105 years how many years we were paying for financing of HR and / or large maintenance bills. Would be interesting to know exactly how owning your ground compares to renting it.

torchomatic

Yes, it would be interesting. I imagine though we were a lot better off there than we were at the Ricoh. Again, another royal fuck-up by Richardson, Hover and the rest of 'em.

I wonder if you look back at those 105 years how many years we were paying for financing of HR and / or large maintenance bills. Would be interesting to know exactly how owning your ground compares to renting it.

dongonzalos

Didn't we manage to drum up 70 million pounds worth of debt whilst owning our own stadium?

chiefdave

Didn't we manage to drum up 70 million pounds worth of debt whilst owning our own stadium?

Indeed we did but how much of that was spent on HR, probably not much. Obviously if you're dealing with an older stadium it would be fair to expect higher maintenance bills. I know Pompey are having to spend £400K a season just to patch the ground up to pass H&S, no idea if that's a typical figure for an older ground but if it is then renting the Ricoh for £150K plus matchday costs is a bargain, even more so if we could negotiate access to matchday revenues.

torchomatic

Yes Richardson did, but that was on players and wages. Classic case of living beyond your means.

How was the new East Stand financed?

torchomatic

Thanks Wingy. Nice stand that. We sat there for the last few seasons at HR. Considering we got a grant for the stand it makes our debt even more shocking.

Cost about £ 5M Torch
£3.25M grant from FL Fa Or other IIRC

wingy

Thanks Wingy. Nice stand that. We sat there for the last few seasons at HR. Considering we got a grant for the stand it makes our debt even more shocking.

Yeah thought so too.

We used to sit there ,very good and enjoyable atmosphere ,decent Concourse too.

Hindsight's great but three further like that would have done us ,maybe with more Exec boxes Incorporated..

Users who are viewing this thread