Eviction notice (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

I'm not worried from the point of view that it makes zero sense for either side to kick us out but also worried from the point of view that every time we think surely it won't happen it does and we end up in Northampton, Birmingham or Burton
My major concern is the reaction of SISU to the eviction notice. They've made a number of miscalculations throughout the years of owning the club and if they think they can distress FG by moving us again - they are deluded! Especially with the profits announced recently for FG.

fernandopartridge

My major concern is the reaction of SISU to the eviction notice. They've made a number of miscalculations throughout the years of owning the club and if they think they can distress FG by moving us again - they are deluded! Especially with the profits announced recently for FG.

I don't think they are really that stupid though, they knew Wasps were vulnerable but ultimately so was the club and so it returned.

I think the notice is as much a signal from FG to tell SISU to be under no illusions as to who is in the driving seat as it is a genuine intention to evict the club.

Terry Gibson's perm

Has anybody put out a missing persons for Boddy, I hope that cwr have requested an interview for the next phone in show.

Skyblueweeman

Do you have any examples of people who’ve bought Championship clubs and made £100m profit in less than 12 months?

I’m sure if it’s such a great business deal then there’ll be loads more people beyond Mike Ashley who’ll want to buy us!

Is this a serious post??

You know that getting up to the EPL is worth at least £100m, right?

SBT

Is this a serious post??

You know that getting up to the EPL is worth at least £100m, right?
Yes - is it quite straightforward to get into the EPL these days then? Surely an opportunity too easy to turn down - when SISU find this out, they'll have buyers queuing up round the block, surely?

jordan210

@oldfiver Thanks but that’s the ACL Astute report, not Wasps Holdings. Maybe they are holding off publishing WHL until the sale is finalised?
"If" the sale is finalised I would say if the big part.

But yeah I think the report is released after the company is sold or dead

Sky Blue Harry H

Mikes got a big weed grow on the go.
Delving into a few other bits and pieces as well and renaming to Snorts Direct
Could make a song out of that

'We've got a big weed, on the grow'
Block 15 all stoned, don't you know

etc etc

Skyblueweeman

Yes - is it quite straightforward to get into the EPL these days then? Surely an opportunity too easy to turn down - when SISU find this out, they'll have buyers queuing up round the block, surely?

We're in a decent position, no?

Buy the club, reinforce in January, good chance. No?

SBT

We're in a decent position, no?

Buy the club, reinforce in January, good chance. No?
Not really! Plenty more teams who have tried and failed than ones who have made it work, anyway.

Fun project for someone who just wants to throw money into a black hole and enjoy the ride without worrying about an easy return, sure. But is that really what you think of when you think of Mike Ashley?

Skyblueweeman

Not really! Plenty more teams who have tried and failed than ones who have made it work, anyway.

Fun project for someone who just wants to throw money into a black hole and enjoy the ride without worrying about an easy return, sure. But is that really what you think of when you think of Mike Ashley?

My example was related to getting to the EPL from our current position and making £100m from it, to owning a conference and events venue and making £100m from that.

It would still be quicker to get £100m by buying a mid-top half Championship team and spending some for promotion than owning a C+E venue and taking revenue from large events.

It's not to do with what I think MA might do. You've missed the point I was making.

SBT

My example was related to getting to the EPL from our current position and making £100m from it, to owning a conference and events venue and making £100m from that.

It would still be quicker to get £100m by buying a mid-top half Championship team and spending some for promotion than owning a C+E venue and taking revenue from large events.

It's not to do with what I think MA might do. You've missed the point I was making.
I understood your point. Mine is that owning a conference/events venue offers a much clearer path to profitability than owning a Championship football club. That's why we've seen multiple bids for the former, and very little interest in the latter.

Samo

I understood your point. Mine is that owning a conference/events venue offers a much clearer path to profitability than owning a Championship football club. That's why we've seen multiple bids for the former, and very little interest in the latter.

Yeah but they are loads more fun!

Skyblueweeman

Yeah, but I wasn't talking about profitability. I was talking about a quick route to £100m....

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Don't know about anyone else on here but I have a bit of plastic that states next Satuday at three o'clock I will be able to sit in block 21 and watch My team play against Swansea and I expect to be there so Sisu better pull their finger out and NEGOTIATE not try to dictate with Mick Ashley a deal and do it quick.They need to remember they are dealing with a business man not a distressed rugby club.
There is no way I will go to St Andrews ,Sixfields or Banks Stadium(ST holders would not all fit in anyway) as i've said before the place where we should play our games is CBS,don't think EFL will let us do it this time without a points deduction and if they did that I think MR would be gone

Hobo

Its a pre arrangement. Instead she’s pissing in the wind with her cronies trying to take on a much bigger beast. She breaches any arrangement she doesn’t like. She had better do as she’s told and sign the next licence or we are finished

Yes but have met her and thought she was nice.

Oh that was last months Grendel news.

SBT

Well at least it seems to finally be reaching the endgame now - either SISU (and King) sign up to a longer term future as Fraser’s tenants, sell up to someone else, or they try again with the strategy of waiting out our landlords and it’s off we go to Birmingham/Burton/Walsall next season.

Users who are viewing this thread