Eviction notice (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

How about Ashley doesn’t want the club and bought the stadium because he thought he could make money on it by developing it? And King has bought the club and is waiting on EFL approval?

Nah, just too out there as a theory, sorry lads.

Nick

Administrator
I mean again, Maton being a prick, but he didn’t block it, the Tories just refused to explain the wording and staged a walkout instead.

It didn't have the bit where it said the people need to go off in a side room to discuss it.

NorthernWisdom

I mean again, Maton being a prick, but he didn’t block it, the Tories just refused to explain the wording and staged a walkout instead.
I don't disagree. Unfortunately anything with Maton in it will look bad though, won't it!

I mean, I know he comes across badly on twitter, but I'd assumed he had something about him IRL. I can even see what Duggins brings, if not as leader... but Maton is beyond me!

Guess he's the local version of a Michael Fabricant or Peter Bone type!

Nick

Administrator
When a Labour mayor's actions force me to side with pudding headed tory Gary Ridley I really can't feel anything but contempt for him.

I'd literally vote for anybody who put it in their campaign to fight for CCFC. The bins being emptied would be secondary.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, discuss the wording of the motion before coming back and discussing said motion.

I'm guessing the wording used was just what Duggins used previously so was specific. They tried to wordplay with "council" by saying Reeves isn't "the council".

The fuck up was Reeves strangely giving a quote to the Times about "bonafide" talks. It then makes Duggins look like he either knew about them and was lying or didn't know and was inept.

shmmeee

It didn't have the bit where it said the people need to go off in a side room to discuss it.

That was after they wouldn’t explain i think and again not a massive ask. But it’s hard to hear what they’re saying on the webcast when they’re shouting out. Feels a lot like a very obvious bit of political theatre to me, and Duggins/Maton is so dense he keeps walking into it. Man has all the political nous of … something with not much political nous.

skyblu3sk

That was after they wouldn’t explain i think and again not a massive ask. But it’s hard to hear what they’re saying on the webcast when they’re shouting out. Feels a lot like a very obvious bit of political theatre to me, and Duggins/Maton is so dense he keeps walking into it. Man has all the political nous of … something with not much political nous.
It's a strange ask though... there isn't anything wrong with this wording but I'm going to ask you to change it anyway...

shmmeee

It's a strange ask though... there isn't anything wrong with this wording but I'm going to ask you to change it anyway...

Well initially it was just justify the wording. There’s nothing against the constitution with wording a debate in a way that falsely accuses councillors of something you know they didn’t do, but equally it’s not going to get the best response. If you want a debate on it there’s nothing wrong with not doing it either.

As I say, no ruling was made in the end cos the Tories walked out which was clearly pre-planned because that just doesn’t happen without pre-planning. And one Tory tried to get confirmation from Maton it was blocked and was pulled away by his leadership. Duggins was stupid enough to walk into the trap, but let’s not pretend that it wasn’t a trap.

13th_choice_seamer

Maybe we could do a Charlton and found a CCFC Fans party with a campaign to put the club:s interests first. Maybe then the existing councillors would do something to protect their votes.

skyblu3sk

Well initially it was just justify the wording. There’s nothing against the constitution with wording a debate in a way that falsely accuses councillors of something you know they didn’t do, but equally it’s not going to get the best response. If you want a debate on it there’s nothing wrong with not doing it either.

As I say, no ruling was made in the end cos the Tories walked out which was clearly pre-planned because that just doesn’t happen without pre-planning. And one Tory tried to get confirmation from Maton it was blocked and was pulled away by his leadership. Duggins was stupid enough to walk into the trap, but let’s not pretend that it wasn’t a trap.
They chose to interpret it in the way the did though. The only way they could have got to a debate is if they named individuals when they didn't have all the details of who had been having talks.

Nick

Administrator
They chose to interpret it in the way the did though. The only way they could have got to a debate is if they named individuals when they didn't have all the details of who had been having talks.

Exactly.

Wonder if Maton was involved himself?

shmmeee

Why not just have that as the debate topic then? As I say it came across as playing politics rather than any serious attempt to get to the bottom of anything.

shmmeee

What as the topic?

“Debate on the recent failure of Wasps/ACL/sale of the Arena Head Lease and the councils involvement” would cover it, no?

Ridley does this a lot, claims ignorance of basic procedures as a career councillor rather than actually try and expose information. The whole thing is shit TBH, both sides just snarky and playing politics rather than an honest attempt to get things out in the open.

Nick

Administrator
What is the difference between that and if the council were in discussions for a Wasps bailout? Maton's issue was with the term "The Council", wasn't it?

Ironic for a c**t who refers to himself in third person.

shmmeee

What is the difference between that and if the council were in discussions for a Wasps bailout? Maton's issue was with the term "The Council", wasn't it?

Ironic for a c**t who refers to himself in third person.

The Council refers to the however many councillors there are in the room. We had this discussion before and I know you think it’s pedantic (and it is) but it implies that the councillors have admitted talks with Wasps which several have been explicit in denying. Ridley knows this and was hoping for the reaction he got. Labour were stupid to give him that reaction no doubt and should have just let the debate happen but seem to be worried about it being reported as “councillors admit they had talks because they accepted the debate”. As I say the whole thing is fucked and neither side is playing with a straight bat here.

Users who are viewing this thread