European championships 2020 thread (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Why not? The next one is in Qatar ffs. Add to that, we're up against a Uruguay/Argentina bid, and a Spain/Portugal bid. No hooligans or Ultras in them countries!

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

They'll host it in deepest Tajikistan before they give it to England

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You've basically got 75000 fans knowing there's 30000 empty seats, after a day on the beer. It's asking for fucking trouble.

People don’t seem to grasp, unlike club football, when England are involved in tournaments, millions of people are involved that wouldn’t usually take an interest in club football. Your average person gets swept in with ‘its coming home’, good weather, packed pubs and games on Freeview.

This can help create the good - a carnival atmosphere and unity across the nation... or what we seen on Sunday, the bad, where every town’s local idiots congregated in London and used it as an excuse to cause trouble and riot.

These weren’t your average football fans, most were wearing man bags and talked like the love child of Ali G and had never been to a game before.

Even if there were 40,000 empty seats inside, that doesnt give an excuse for 30,000 to run riot and charge into the stadium. Even if the game was a sell out capacity 90,000, I think it would have happened. That crowd was well over the capacity announced and an accident waiting to happen. 2 to a seat in every area of the ground apart from the substitute bench.

COV

People don’t seem to grasp, unlike club football, when England are involved in tournaments, millions of people are involved that wouldn’t usually take an interest in club football. Your average person gets swept in with ‘its coming home’, good weather, packed pubs and games on Freeview.

This can help create the good - a carnival atmosphere and unity across the nation... or what we seen on Sunday, the bad, where every town’s local idiots congregated in London and used it as an excuse to cause trouble and riot.

These weren’t your average football fans, most were wearing man bags and talked like the love child of Ali G and had never been to a game before.

Even if there were 40,000 empty seats inside, that doesnt give an excuse for 30,000 to run riot and charge into the stadium. Even if the game was a sell out capacity 90,000, I think it would have happened. That crowd was well over the capacity announced and an accident waiting to happen. 2 to a seat in every area of the ground apart from the substitute bench.

Take your point but if there were 2 to a seat in all areas then that would mean there were over 120,000 in the ground, can’t see that

Mucca Mad Boys

If that happened here the carabinieri would have a field day with them.

Fair point. Having been to a Lazio v Roma game, I’ve seen them in action.

There are a variety of factors at play here, another probably being that the Met police probably hasn’t had to have dealt with anything remotely similar to last Sunday in a long time.

I’d like to think it isn’t only English fans who’d take it too far...

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Take your point but if there were 2 to a seat in all areas then that would mean there were over 120,000 in the ground, can’t see that

The middle tier was 1/3 full, top tier and bottom tier were rammed. I’m not saying there was 120K in the stadium but far more than the 60K it was supposed to be limited to.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why not? The next one is in Qatar ffs. Add to that, we're up against a Uruguay/Argentina bid, and a Spain/Portugal bid. No hooligans or Ultras in them countries!

But they can point to an actual instance of our fans failing to behave and the authorities failing to stop it now.

Sick Boy

Do you really think that what happened last week would have no impact upon the bid?

Mucca Mad Boys

Given Russia had the last tournament and Qatar the next it certainly shouldn’t

Saudi (Italy joint bid) and China likely to host the 2030 tournament too...

I understand the need to broaden the appeal of the game... but I’m not down for appeasing dictators/authoritarian regimes.

Last week was a stain on English football, but v specific circumstances unlikely to be repeated and the FA/Government will ensure it won’t.

CJ_covblaze

You've basically got 75000 fans knowing there's 30000 empty seats, after a day on the beer. It's asking for fucking trouble.

The thing is there were very few empty seats in the upper and the lower. The gaps were mainly in the middle ring.

CJ_covblaze

I think we've got no chance of hosting a major tournament for quite a while now.

Good. Far better when it’s elsewhere and after what happened on Sunday I wouldn’t want scum like that anywhere near another international tournament.

Terry Gibson's perm

If there was any sense at Fifa it would go to an established country to save the waste of resources on new grounds that never get used again. Grounds wise we could host a tournament next week.

CCFCSteve

Spurs have said they will fine him for not turning up that will help the relationship, he should never have signed his new deal or had a release clause put in it.

Yeah, it’s not hard. Agents are just shit. If they’d said we’re only signing with a 100m release clause, Spurs would’ve agreed.

Kane’s camp talking about gentleman’s agreement…get it in the contract, there’s few ‘gentlemen’ in football ownership/management

Grendel

Rightfully so, in any other profession you wouldn't be paid if you refused to show up for work

In any other profession you could hand in your notice and leave

Grendel

That's the contract he signed, when he signed the 5 year contract, 5 years becomes his notice period.

It really doesn’t and if the club wanted him gone he’d be gone - football clubs treat employees with disdain and Chuck them on the scrap heap if they don’t perform. There’s no loyalty either way

Grendel

If we are going to lambaste Kane let’s be aware clubs do this far more than individual players. Clubs will put massive pressure on players to leave if they get a offer they want to take

Terry Gibson's perm

Yeah, it’s not hard. Agents are just shit. If they’d said we’re only signing with a 100m release clause, Spurs would’ve agreed.

Kane’s camp talking about gentleman’s agreement…get it in the contract, there’s few ‘gentlemen’ in football ownership/management

What has happened to people handing in a transfer request, I think in the old days if you did you lost the players cut off the deal but have no idea nowadays.

Liquid Gold

The thing is Kane has asked to leave but not submitted and official transfer request.

That might sound like semantics but he’ll be due a significant loyalty bonus from Spurs is he doesn’t submit a request.

If the guy really wants to move then he should just write off that money. He’s going to be incredibly well paid anyway.

CCFCSteve

The thing is Kane has asked to leave but not submitted and official transfer request.

That might sound like semantics but he’ll be due a significant loyalty bonus from Spurs is he doesn’t submit a request.

If the guy really wants to move then he should just write off that money. He’s going to be incredibly well paid anyway.

I reckon that will be next step LG. With Kane I doubt it’s about the cash

Terry Gibson's perm

He’s not turned up again today.

is the first game of the season Spurs v Man City imagine if he scores the winner😂

Users who are viewing this thread