European championships 2020 thread (2 Viewers)

CrawleySkyBlue

What I dont get is the obsession with people only being able to say "It's coming home". It's as if that's the extent of their football conversation.

"Did you see the Italy goal?"
"ITS COMING HOME"

Calm down.

You misheard i think… “It’s coming Rome”

I was lucky enough to be at the game last night, in with the Spaniards behind the goal. A really good atmosphere, a great game and amazing to be back in a football stadium. Wembley has its doubters, but last night I thought it really was great.

On to the big one tonight. Think the atmosphere will be nervier, but nevertheless come on England!

D

Deleted member 11652

This pint's shit, unless I'm drunk it's irrelevant...

You can't have enjoyed watching Cov for the last 50 years either then!

I enjoyed winning the checkatrade, play offs and league 1, not much else👍🏻

ovduk78

Could be fun tonight. Problems with TV signal means that currently have no ITV so if not fixed will watch it on ITV hub, will have sound turned off and will listen to Radio 5 commentary so will have to sync the 2 as radio commentary is normally about a minute behind the TV.

NorthernWisdom

Could be fun tonight. Problems with TV signal means that currently have no ITV so if not fixed will watch it on ITV hub, will have sound turned off and will listen to Radio 5 commentary so will have to sync the 2 as radio commentary is normally about a minute behind the TV.
Don't worry, on the hub if you're lucky, there'll be a five minute lag.

If unlucky, you'll get the joys of the same corner over and over again. I'll join you in the misery.

ovduk78

Don't worry, on the hub if you're lucky, there'll be a five minute lag.

If unlucky, you'll get the joys of the same corner over and over again. I'll join you in the misery.
Seems to be ok currently whilst I'm watching the TDF but maybe the amount of people watching tonight may slow it down. So I could be playing with pausing commentary to allow hub to catch up, a different approach to normal!

COV

Well and truly nervous now, tonight’s the night

No excuses, no second chances, no “at least it’s progress”- a WIN is the requirement however it is achieved

Liquid Gold

I don''t get why Denmark are being rated so highly on here.Yes, they're better than Ukraine but we don't need to roll them over 4-0. I don't think they're any better than Germany who we beat comfortably. They only got 3 points in their group and that was against an awful Russia side then they got a good win against a poor Wales team and beat Czech by a single goal like we did. They've conceded 5 goals to our 0 and scored 11 to our 8.

They are doing ok in the FIFA rankings but we all know what a joke they are and some of the teams they've played are awful. Admittedly they beat us but that was when we were pissing around with new formations and systems and didn't look cohesive at all.

I am as confident now as I would have been if Czech got through. I think we should beat them.

COV

I don''t get why Denmark are being rated so highly on here.Yes, they're better than Ukraine but we don't need to roll them over 4-0. I don't think they're any better than Germany who we beat comfortably. They only got 3 points in their group and that was against an awful Russia side then they got a good win against a poor Wales team and beat Czech by a single goal like we did. They've conceded 5 goals to our 0 and scored 11 to our 8.

They are doing ok in the FIFA rankings but we all know what a joke they are and some of the teams they've played are awful. Admittedly they beat us but that was when we were pissing around with new formations and systems and didn't look cohesive at all.

I am as confident now as I would have been if Czech got through. I think we should beat them.

Not sure it’s about us believing Denmark are amazing as opposed to us being nervy- we are supporters of Coventry City and England- that combination in anyone’s DNA is not exactly going to instil huge confidence levels…

Liquid Gold

Not sure it’s about us believing Denmark are amazing as opposed to us being nervy- we are supporters of Coventry City and England- that combination in anyone’s DNA is not exactly going to instil huge confidence levels…
More than one person has said they expect us to lose.

Mucca Mad Boys

Who have Denmark beaten to get to this stage? Peter Schmeichel calling Denmark the favourites must’ve been a joke.

Frankly, if we approach the game as we have the others, we ought to win. Denmark will have long range shots and will be a set piece threat.

2-0 England.

Liquid Gold

Russia, Wales, and the Czech Republic.

You're welcome.
As we both beat Czechia we can take them out of the equation.

Which is a more difficult run:
Russia & Wales
-or-
Croatia, Germany & Ukraine

Even if we've ended on the easy side of the draw we've beat better than they have.

NorthernWisdom

As we both beat Czechia we can take them out of the equation.

Which is a more difficult run:
Russia & Wales
-or-
Croatia, Germany & Ukraine

Even if we've ended on the easy side of the draw we've beat better than they have.
tbf, much as you can't denigrate England's semi final appearances here or the world cup by saying who they've beaten, you can't do the same to Denmark here. What they have done, is improved as it's gone on. Sure, so have we, but I can't help but feel their style will cause us issues, and if they're positive, they'll do what other teams haven't really done yet, and go at us. It's also the kind of game we struggle in.

As I said, I really hope I'm wrong, so not labouring it too much really!

Mucca Mad Boys

Russia, Wales, and the Czech Republic.

You're welcome.

So no one to make us sit up and worry about.

They beat us back in 2020. No fans present, a rotated squad and a red card after 30 minutes.

The Danes are the ‘people’s team’ with everything they’ve gone through as a team. You have to admire how they’ve bounced back from Eriksen incident, but this is not a game we should be scared of.

We’ve got the better team and we’re at home.

Great_Expectations

tbf, much as you can't denigrate England's semi final appearances here or the world cup by saying who they've beaten, you can't do the same to Denmark here. What they have done, is improved as it's gone on. Sure, so have we, but I can't help but feel their style will cause us issues, and if they're positive, they'll do what other teams haven't really done yet, and go at us. It's also the kind of game we struggle in.

As I said, I really hope I'm wrong, so not labouring it too much really!

I actually wouldn’t mind if they had a go at us. The defence is slow and if they are pushing on it means even more space to exploit for Sterling/Saka/Sancho.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us move the ball forward quicker to exploit that potentially vulnerability if that is how Denmark set out.

SkyBlueSoul

Watching in an exhibition centre in Manchester tonight, think it's ours 2-1. My stomach's in knots but it always is in the knockouts, was the same v Ukraine until 2 minutes in.

Regarding our style being solid not spectacular, just seen a great quote from an Italian pundit who described us as “Bella ma non Balla” - a beautiful woman who won’t get on the dance floor.

Liquid Gold

Watching in an exhibition centre in Manchester tonight, think it's ours 2-1. My stomach's in knots but it always is in the knockouts, was the same v Ukraine until 2 minutes in.

Regarding our style being solid not spectacular, just seen a great quote from an Italian pundit who described us as “Bella ma non Balla” - a beautiful woman who won’t get on the dance floor.
She's still going home with the fittest bloke in the dancehall though.

Godiva

It's going to an amazing night and a great game.
Wait till you see the oversized shirts representing the teams at the opening ceremony - It will bring tears to many eyes!

If you're worried about the result then I believe England is 75% favorit to go through.
It doesn't matter really who the teams have beaten up to this game - after all, you can only beat the teams you're playing.

Early in this thread I said Denmark would play England in the semi ... and Italy in the final :cool:

LastGarrison

Can everyone stop with all of their ‘rational thinking’ please?

This is England in the semi-final of the Euros where notoriously we haven’t fared too well previously so forgive us for being a little hesitant and cautious.

It’s still coming home though.

COV

It's going to an amazing night and a great game.
Wait till you see the oversized shirts representing the teams at the opening ceremony - It will bring tears to many eyes!

If you're worried about the result then I believe England is 75% favorit to go through.
It doesn't matter really who the teams have beaten up to this game - after all, you can only beat the teams you're playing.

Early in this thread I said Denmark would play England in the semi ... and Italy in the final :cool:

opening ceremony?

Users who are viewing this thread