European championships 2020 thread (19 Viewers)

Evo1883

A lot of overreacting, we were average and Scotland played the game of their life. Think Southgate has a lot to think about to be honest. If we top the group, jobs still a goodun. Improvement needed against Czech, for sure.
Scotland never played the game of their life , are our egos that big ?

They didn't even have to put that hard a shift in

COV

It's funny. It's like Scotland have won 5-0 on Itv

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

this is the point.

we won’t play another game like that, that was a one-off. We will look massively different next game. It’s not right that we weren’t as fired up against a smaller nation as we are v better teams, but that’s our mentality for you.

Evo1883

this is the point.

we won’t play another game like that, that was a one-off. We will look massively different next game. It’s not right that we weren’t as fired up against a smaller nation as we are v better teams, but that’s our mentality for you.

We aren't better against better teams because if we were we would have atleast reached a final since 66

Brighton Sky Blue

this is the point.

We weren't fired up against Croatia either

colin101

It reminded me of watching a Chris Coleman team, same boring, negative tactics, and the ability to ruin good players

Evo1883

If that match doesn't seriously worry you about where this manager is taking the team then I don't know what to say .

That team is way off where it should be

oakey

No intensity or real attempt to win the game. Too cautious and timid. Southgate was happy to take a point and instilled a negative mindset in his players. He wants to progress by low risk approaches to games.

COV

Dogpiss that was. Kane looks miles off it, at least we can switch it up with the plethora of striking options he’s taken.

part of the problem is I don’t believe he knows his best starting 11

kane cannot start next match- he’s utterly off form.

Foden coming off was just weird

Brighton Sky Blue

part of the problem is I don’t believe he knows his best starting 11

kane cannot start next match- he’s utterly off form.

Foden coming off was just weird

It was hard to identify any discernible plan other than hope for Scotland to score an own goal, they weren't made to break sweat tonight. It was worse than our 0-0 at home to Wycombe

oakey

I think Southgate calculated that a high intensity game was too unpredictable.
He feared a bad injury, sending off or soft penalty against. You could say he bottled it. You could say he took the low road to getting out of the group unscathed.

Users who are viewing this thread