European championships 2020 thread (3 Viewers)

covmark

Can't believe they're carrying on. Wow.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Wow! Playing the 2nd half after that... think Russia vs Belgium will be a better game but gotta watch this if the BBC is bringing it back.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Can't believe they're carrying on. Wow.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Godiva

Just said on BBC news that the players have asked to resume.
Yes, they want to 'finish' (sry) this for Christian!

rondog1973

20:30 local time restart. Crazy if you ask me
Fuckin hell!! Reminds me of that Billy the Fish strip where the manager has a heart attack. Open heart surgery is performed on the pitch with comments from the crowd marvelling at the surgeons silky scalpel skills. The manager recovers and the match resumes with 5 hours of injury time...

Esoterica

He must be chasing the nurses around the ward already if they've agreed to play the rest of the game. Wonder if there will be as much rolling around as in the first half or if they'll all man up now.

Tommo1993

If it’s players decision then okay. Can see it being played quite gingerly though, for want of a better word. I’m very surprised, I’d be well put off.

COV

Fair play to them.

He must have responded well in hospital

How do these things work, does his physical condition & being a professional athlete help, or with heart attacks (assuming thats what it was) is it just luck?

Godiva

Players have already been talking to Christian on skype!!!!
That's why they decided to continue!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How do these things work, does his physical condition & being a professional athlete help, or with heart attacks (assuming thats what it was) is it just luck?

As a professional athlete your cardiac ability is significantly different from most normal people. Their resting heart rates are much lower, in fact, some marathon runners even wake themselves up deliberately during the night so they don't flatline.

With Eriksen, something similar happened to Iker Casillias a couple of years ago. I guess when your body is under so much intensity, it's more likely to potentially pack up than just taking a stroll round the memorial park.

Godiva

Amazing to see Kasper talking to each and every player asking them to play for Christian and the country.
What a leader!

Marty

As a professional athlete your cardiac ability is significantly different from most normal people. Their resting heart rates are much lower, in fact, some marathon runners even wake themselves up deliberately during the night so they don't flatline.

With Eriksen, something similar happened to Iker Casillias a couple of years ago. I guess when your body is under so much intensity, it's more likely to potentially pack up than just taking a stroll round the memorial park.

When is the resting heart rate for a professional athlete? I used to be at 52, but they're another level.

COV

So how do you explain Doctor Who with two hearts and all that stress, he must be permanently on the verge of keeling over

Otis

Coverage back on the Beeb now

They say the footage earlier was controlled by UEFA and not the BBC, so not the BBC's fault

COV

When is the resting heart rate for a professional athlete? I used to be at 52, but they're another level.

I got mine to about 48-50 before lockdown, god knows now.

Michael Bisping the UFC fighter has a resting pulse of 38, thats why he was able to take fights at a fortnight's notice

Evo1883

I love Micah Richards, cracks me up .

You won't however be able to convince me his fringe isn't sprayed on I'm sorry

Users who are viewing this thread