European championships 2020 thread (4 Viewers)

COV

Yep that is great news. When muamba had a heart attack did they postpone a number of their games for a few weeks? Some really difficult decisions for a lot of people coming up

well it’s a very cold thing to say, but had he not pulled through I would have cancelled the whole tournament right there, done, it would have been wrong to continue. If he’s ok, and hope to god he is… actually I don’t know what they do now, and I wouldn’t argue with whatever decision is made.

Sky Blue Harry H

I've seen the photo on twitter - don't want to post it on here (just in case) but looks promising. Saying he's stable. Great news.

Evo1883

Had a major cardiac arrest a few years back. For myself, it has taken a long time to get back on my feet. Also, it affects people in different ways.

I know a man the same , was walking back to the changing room after playing squash and woke up a month later in hospital...remembers nothing

Hope you are OK now though mate

Reactions: COV

hill83

well it’s a very cold thing to say, but had he not pulled through I would have cancelled the whole tournament right there, done, it would have been wrong to continue. If he’s ok, and hope to god he is… actually I don’t know what they do now, and I wouldn’t argue with whatever decision is made.

Still all dayer tomorrow though

stay_up_skyblues

Great news. I suppose if it has to happen, you’d rather it happened there with the experts ready to go.

I look forward to the inevitable and needed investigation into the decision (or lack of) over the continuing coverage.

Sky Blue Harry H

Assuming Erikssen is ok, I would think they'll leave the result as 0-0, and the rest of the tournament will carry on. I guess the Danish FA will ask the players if they want to continue (would think some players might want/need counselling?). That must have been emotionally draining for them.

Godiva

I think he will be ok, but what a nightmare!
I wonder if they are actually thinking of resuming the match?

Godiva

Assuming Erikssen is ok, I would think they'll leave the result as 0-0, and the rest of the tournament will carry on. I guess the Danish FA will ask the players if they want to continue (would think some players might want/need counselling?). That must have been emotionally draining for them.
I think there is a possibility they can postpone 48 hours?

TomRad85

Can’t see them playing the game or expecting Denmark or Finland to play.

Also he’s unlikely to play football again if he’s had a full on heart attack
As long as he's alive that's the main thing. He's made a good living from the game, can put his feet up and chill with his family.
I just needed to know he was alive to carry on enjoying the footy, looks hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Philosorapter

I know a man the same , was walking back to the changing room after playing squash and woke up a month later in hospital...remembers nothing

Yeah, it is very common for people not to remember anything from what happened. Had a hard time recognising how ill I actually was. I'm recovered now as good as can be. Just need to get a lot fitter.

COV

I know a guy who suffered a very bad turn, he was unconscious for days and broke his wrists when he fell.

When he came to he asked the consultant “will I be able to play piano when my hands are recovered, doc?
The consultant said “yes, of course”.
My mate said “that’s brilliant, cause I couldn’t before” 🤓

COV

Can’t see them playing the game or expecting Denmark or Finland to play.

Also he’s unlikely to play football again if he’s had a full on heart attack

well hopefully he’ll regain full health, and he must be worth a few million by now so he can take it easy and just enjoy his life, and who’s to say he couldn’t play some kind of role within the game should he wish to.

Sky Blue Pete

well hopefully he’ll regain full health, and he must be worth a few million by now so he can take it easy and just enjoy his life, and who’s to say he couldn’t play some kind of role within the game should he wish to.
Sure

Users who are viewing this thread