European championships 2020 thread (3 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

Finally, they've cut back to the studio, that took far too long for my liking.

stay_up_skyblues

Sky saw fit to cut the cameras away as soon as that Everton player broke his ankle on the pitch. I just cannot get my head round them keeping the cameras on here.

Sky Blue Harry H

Finally, they've cut back to the studio, that took far too long for my liking.

Agree - although not sure who is responsible for coverage - is it BBC, or is it one service with BBC just adding commentary? Glad the studio had the sense to not try and refer to any of the game, Reminded me of the sense of shock i had when watching Hillsborough unfold. Fingers crossed for him, Unless he recovers, I can't imagine the Denmark team wanting to play another game in the tournament.

stay_up_skyblues

Agree - although not sure who is responsible for coverage - is it BBC, or is it one service with BBC just adding commentary? Glad the studio had the sense to not try and refer to any of the game, Reminded me of the sense of shock i had when watching Hillsborough unfold. Fingers crossed for him, Unless he recovers, I can't imagine the Denmark team wanting to play another game in the tournament.

In the past it’s all been one feed used by the various broadcasters. Presume that hasn’t changed. Nothing stopping the bbc cutting the feed though. In retrospect I imagine they already wish they did sooner.

Evo1883

My face tingled when they started doing CPR .

Not a nice thing to see

In truth they should have cut away much sooner but that's irrelevant now it's been done

stay_up_skyblues

If it is worst case for him (I really hope not) perhaps they will call the whole thing off. You can’t expect Denmark or Finland to carry on. Then you’ve got all of his teammates in other sides.

jordan210

I hope the fact they moved him is a good sign. With Muamba they dint move him for an hour.

As normal procedure is work in situ to revive and only move once more stable.

Sky Blue Pete

If it is worst case for him (I really hope not) perhaps they will call the whole thing off. You can’t expect Denmark or Finland to carry on. Then you’ve got all of his teammates in other sides.
Be a powerful statement of what’s important to call it off if he dies. Can’t see it though. Next game kicks off at 8.

Pretty impossible to play the game again or change the schedule.

No idea what the right thing to do is, I imagine Boris will have something constructive to say

Evo1883

Do these athletes train too hard these days ?
Did this used to happen 30 years ago

Sky Blue Pete

Do these athletes train too hard these days ?
Did this used to happen 30 years ago
After muamba every professional sport person started to have a check on their hearts it’s why the young cricketer had to stop james someone or other. It may just be hugely bad luck.

Users who are viewing this thread