European championships 2020 thread (5 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

This group is set up really nicely now though. The team you’d have said was the weakest would be the only one with 3 points, Poland will need a win against Spain next Sunday.

Mucca Mad Boys

Sweden just seem to always turn up and perform reasonably well at major tournaments. Fair play to them!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Spain had 81% possession after about 25 minutes. They were really poor.

If they don't top the group, our path later on could change in our favour.

baldy

It’s a few seconds. What’s the harm? Great way to support the team. Boo the players before kick off.

Well to be honest,the team have got off on the wrong foot before a ball‘s been kicked with some fans by saying they’ll be taking the knee

Jamesimus

Well to be honest,the team have got off on the wrong foot before a ball‘s been kicked with some fans by saying they’ll be taking the knee

Well to be honest, some fans have got off on the wrong foot before a ball's been kicked by booing when players take the knee.

Alkhen

Makes me laugh the thick C*nts who boo are are types who bandy about terms like 'snowflake' yet get sand in their fannies when group of footballers want to make a small gesture against discrimination and inequality. Pathetic.

Name one good reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do it?

David O'Day

Why should the team pander to racist twats?

If people are so thick they don't get why they are doing it after being told why by the team, manager and FA then fuck them. Let the racists join Lozza Fox in supporting anyone but England.

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Makes me laugh the thick C*nts who boo are are types who bandy about terms like 'snowflake' yet get sand in their fannies when group of footballers want to make a small gesture against discrimination and inequality. Pathetic.

Name one good reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do it?
Guarentee 90% of them say “I’m not supporting a Marxist organisation” whilst conveniently forgetting they have no idea who Karl Marx is. I actually asked someone to explain Marxism to be and he’d never heard of him 😂😂

fun conversation that

TomRad85

Oh good, we're still talking about politics in this thread too...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Oh good, we're still talking about politics in this thread too...

Its not politics. but I get the sentiment. Just feel its important to shut down people talking misleading crap.

Back to football.

Most impressed by the Italians so far. will be very interesting to get a look at the group F teams as we will be playing one of those I feel

TomRad85

Its not politics. but I get the sentiment. Just feel its important to shut down people talking misleading crap.

Back to football.

Most impressed by the Italians so far. will be very interesting to get a look at the group F teams as we will be playing one of those I feel
I think unfortunately being on collision course with Group F will see us go out before our natural going out point.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Back to football.

See I couldn’t work out whether Italy were good or Turkey we’re just crap.

I hope Germany come 2nd, if we win our group that’s the likely position we play. They’re in transition, and with the game being at Wembley I fancy us to beat anyone. The quarter final in Rome worries me

TomRad85

I hope Germany come 2nd, if we win our group that’s the likely position we play. They’re in transition, and with the game being at Wembley I fancy us to beat anyone. The quarter final in Rome worries me
I actually think people are writing Germany off too early. Sure they are in a tough group, a group that I'm not even sure how it happened, but i can still see them coming through it. 3 players in that team just won the Champions League and a whole pile won the Champions League just 1 season ago. Sane and Gnabry can cut you to ribbons on their day.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I actually think people are writing Germany off too early. Sure they are in a tough group, a group that I'm not even sure how it happened, but i can still see them coming through it. 3 players in that team just won the Champions League and a whole pile won the Champions League just 1 season ago. Sane and Gnabry can cut you to ribbons on their day.

I can see that. They’re usually a tournament team. I just think at the moment, we’ll be better than them.

im in the position where I’d rather play them than France or Portugal. Ultimately we’ve got to play them at some point so there’s no difference really to playing them next or the semi

Alkhen

Yeah hard to get a proper feel after only one game, they did look balanced which is more than I can say about the Netherlands.

Germany will always be tricky but it does look a good time to play them. Odd situation with the manager too.

I think unfortunately being on collision course with Group F will see us go out before our natural going out point.

It's not ideal but I think avoiding the other side of the draw could help in the long run. More chance we can beat a Portugal or Germany at home

We go route A if we win the group, Route B if we come 2nd:

Route A probable teams:
2nd in F (Germany/Portugal)
Winner of E (Spain/Sweden/Slovakia?)
Winner C (Netherlands/Austria?)

Route B is stacked with big teams:
Winner F (France? )
Winner A (Italy)
Winner B (Belgium)
3rd in group F (Germany/Portugal)
Possibly even Spain if they don't start scoring

Neither easy but get past round 16 and it opens up more in Route A

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

All their Group games are in Munich too. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Germany win their Group.

France are still favourites, but home advantage is something worth considering.

cc84cov

Looking at it ideally a second place finish would be better avoiding the group of death lol I would prefer Spain,Sweden,Slovakia & Poland over France or Portugal,but then again momentum etc etc who knows where we could go I have a good feeling about this group they have an arrogance about them,I like the pairing of rice & Phillips in midfield...shame sheaf isn’t there tho 😎

Users who are viewing this thread