European championships 2020 thread (9 Viewers)

Evo1883

Have you seen the state of the teams they have played?

We lost to the Czech Republic and Denmark in the last 28 games

They've beaten Holland and drew with Portugal and Holland, beaten Poland twice and the Czechs

I reckon they are a decent shout for a good run

mark82

Italy look a very decent team, but can't read too much into the unbeaten run - not the toughest fixtures you'll see. If it was England everyone would be saying they've proven nothing. One of a number of teams who have a chance though.

kg82

Just from the highlights I noticed they looked dangerous when they got forward, but made a lot of poor decisions when they got around the box. Too many players being selfish instead of laying off to someone in a better position. The 3rd goal was well worked though, even if it did come from a cock-up by the Turkey keeper.

stupot07

man for man I’d say we’re ok, but that’s only part of the story. Mancini as a tactician has the edge on Southgate for sure.
I'd say Italy are stronger in centre mid and central defence, but you are right Mancini has them playing with intensity. We play far too slowly in possession for my liking, and as good as Kane is, he is an issue. With Grealish, Mount and Foden we don't need him to drop into the 10 position, he needs to play as an out and out 9. That in particular will be the difference between a good run or out in the round of 16. We cannot afford to put as many good palls into the box as we did against Austria and no have a striker anywhere near them against top quality teams.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

kg82

The rumoured lineup for tomorrow is

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Mings
Shaw

Rice
Phillips
Mount

Foden
Kane
Sterling

Mings, Phillips and Sterling ffs 🙈
Agreed! Only thing is, the other CB’s don’t fill me with confidence either.
As for Sterling… if that’s the line-up, I won’t be surprised.

Frostie

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Mings
Shaw

Rice
Phillips
Mount

Foden
Kane
Sterling

Don't mind that except Mings. If we're sticking with a back 4 I'd go for White but does show how weak we are defensively.

PVA

Don't mind that except Mings. If we're sticking with a back 4 I'd go for White but does show how weak we are defensively.

Yes I'd go for White too

Plus Bellingham over Phillips and Grealish or Sancho over Sterling.

cc84cov

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Mings
Shaw

Rice
Phillips
Mount

Foden
Kane
Sterling

I think he plays shaw and rashford of the left with the Man Utd connection,I’ve gone with

Pickford
James
Walker
Stones
Mings
Shaw
Rice
Phillips
Mount
Rashford
Kane

Is my guess to his line up

SlowerThanPlatt

Wales look reasonable value at 3/1 to win today. You’d think they have half a chance with Bale in the side.

Belgium have been on the drift , as short as 4/6 in the week, think they’re a backable price now at 11/10, no De Bruyne or Hazard apparently but they should still have too much

Jagmannn

Come on England ....The whole of English football can benefit from Englands success .... interest in their local teams ...extra attendances ..which means more money & the growth of football in the community

LastGarrison

He'll play Sterling. He's in love with him.

I just hope in this competition if he is a burden that he actually gets dropped.
Possibly.

I just hope that as we’ve got 5 subs then if people aren’t performing then he’s quick to change it up.

Looking forward to it now though!!!

Skybluefaz

Why the fuck is Baku a host city?

And why is there only 10 of each sets of fans?

giphy.gif

AOM

Not a fan of those new Puma kits without the team logos at all

Look like training kits

Users who are viewing this thread