European championships 2020 thread (4 Viewers)

cc84cov

I can't believe you are still pretending that making a bet you can't afford anyway is a decent way of proving that Luke Shaw is "poor"

Fancy explaining why you think he is "poor"? or are you just going to be a the same old floof in his mums basement spewing endless crap adn then pretending to be a football sage when by law of averages one of the billion things you post is correct?

Come on kid this is your chance to actually shine.
Basement ? 🤣 another classic

SBT

If people insist on an English manager those who want Southgate gone who is there to replace him? The Aston Villa manager?

There’s no-one really that appealing out there. I think we’ll probably talk ourselves into Eddie Howe or Potter. Unless Southgate holds on a few more seasons and the Stevie G hype train has gathered pace.

CJ_covblaze

Put our codes into the ticket portal like UEFA told us to but of course the website isn’t working.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

David O'Day

Anyway what would the point in England playing 5-3-2 - it negates our style and means we will be diverging from seems to Southgates plan

We didn't match up when the scots played that way as well.

cc84cov

Anyway what would the point in England playing 5-3-2 - it negates our style and means we will be diverging from seems to Southgates plan

We didn't match up when the scots played that way as well.
My worry is a flat 4 against their wingback system who get high,I think we can isolate their 3 CB’s,if there was a game I want sterling to play it’s this,I would play Saka right sterling left and either grealish or Foden central...at Wembley we should be confident...after 1996 I don’t think there is anyone who wants us to beat them as Southgate.

David O'Day

My worry is a flat 4 against their wingback system who get high,I think we can isolate their 3 CB’s,if there was a game I want sterling to play it’s this,I would play Saka right sterling left and either grealish or Foden central...at Wembley we should be confident...after 1996 I don’t think there is anyone who wants us to beat them as Southgate.

But there wing backs are only good going forward and are very suspect in defence which means as has been shown in a their games against France and Hungary you push them back and/or exploit the space behind them and 4 -2-3-1 or 4-3-3 gives you the best chance of this,

Also they play a false 9 so for large spells against them the 3 cb would be marking no one.

Evo1883

Being Serious though now and it's coming home aside , it's OK saying the Germans look beatable...so do we 😂 .

We would still have to beat quite possibly 3 serious sides to win the tournament.

I'm not sure I'm with you all yet in your optimism ... I think with this England side its best to just go one game at a time .
We've just been pretty disjointed in a relatively easy group , and now we think we will sweep aside what is looking like the Germans and the Dutch

TomRad85

Being Serious though now and it's coming home aside , it's OK saying the Germans look beatable...so do we .

We would still have to beat quite possibly 3 serious sides to win the tournament.

I'm not sure I'm with you all yet in your optimism ... I think with this England side its best to just go one game at a time .
We've just been pretty disjointed in a relatively easy group , and now we think we will sweep aside what is looking like the Germans and the Dutch
The German battering of Portugal was arguably the best performance I've seen in this tournament. Obviously they don't hit those heights all the time (see last night) but if they turn up its a seriously hard game.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Evo1883

The German battering of Portugal was arguable the best performance I've seen in this tournament. Obviously they don't hit those heights all the time (see last night) but if they turn up its a seriously hard game.

Germans lack of a natural striker means that one game they might miss 10 but the next they might take their chances ..
They can still dominate a game , we've just got to hope they don't take their chances when they get them and we take ours

TomRad85

Germans lack of a natural striker means that one game they might miss 10 but the next they might take their chances ..
They can still dominate a game , we've just got to hope they don't take their chances when they get them and we take ours
Yep agreed, if they'd managed to convince Lewandowski he was German like they did with Klose and Podolski we'd have no chance, but they do tend to pass up a good few chances as you say. (Watch them bury every chance they get now)

no_loyalty

The German battering of Portugal was arguably the best performance I've seen in this tournament. Obviously they don't hit those heights all the time (see last night) but if they turn up its a seriously hard game.

They generally have one bad game, then one excellent game, oh fuck.

Hutch11

Really hoping Southgate has had us playing well within ourselves so as to make everyone think we're negative and not a real threat.
Come Tuesday he tells them to go out and express themselves and play the free flowing , up and at them footy we'd all love to see .

Reality is, I should know better

Alkhen

Do we beat the Germans Tuesday frostie lad ?

I'm flipflopping between we are gonna pull it out the bag or they are going to pull us to bits like they did to Portugal.

The Germans are so hard to read at the moment, looked good against France, excellent against Portugal and the dog and duck against Hungary

Alkhen

It's such an enormous game because it isn't just winning a knockout game against Germany it's opening up a pretty clear run to the final.

I am trying not to think about that possible run in... really is a massive incentive for both teams.

Users who are viewing this thread