European breakaway league (7 Viewers)

hill83

Max Biamou’s first goal away at Notts County, me and the steward end up 3 rows in front while staying upright the whole time, it was weird.

Me and my dad both got separated at Peterborough when it was terracing a few years back. Think John Stead scored. Similar thing, we were in the middle but somehow both ended up at the front.

Edit: “a few years” it was 11 years ago. Fuck sake

better days

What I'd heard on the radio was that the debt pile hasn't changed and that the club is profitable. Presumably, that's the model, generate sufficient profits to pay the interest plus payout divis, and when finally done leave the club up the creek. Not for nothing did Neville describe the owners as gangsters.

Share is listed US, and the SP has returned to its pre-announcement level.
Total incompetence by the Glazers and Woodford
This won't end well for them

chiefdave

Anyone get the feeling Souness knows something? Keeps saying it not JP Morgan's money and talking about when its revealed which country was funding it. Presumably the Saudi's. Is he guessing or in the know?

better days

Anyone get the feeling Souness knows something? Keeps saying it not JP Morgan's money and talking about when its revealed which country was funding it. Presumably the Saudi's. Is he guessing or in the know?
I'd say in the know
Maybe Qatar is another suspect

Seamus1

What will irk me somewhat over the coming days, weeks and months is that despite condemnation of this from all pundits and broadcasters, come Saturday football focus will still broadcast 20 minutes about Phil Foden’s Year 8 school report, then next week it’ll be Scott McTominay’s family tartan, followed by Kevin de Bruyne’s shirt collection. The fact that these 6 clubs were willing to jeopardise the English game will pass them by as all these broadcasters care about are those 6 clubs, no matter how trivial or tedious the link. You can also bet your house on these clubs next season still getting their games broadcast on TV and ridiculous total payments for having their games shown.

As for Chelsea and Manchester City being seen as good guys...they were hesitant to sign up only because they feared they’d be ‘left behind’...it was purely about money (as for the others). If there was a genuine thought that the creation of this league would see money filter through the leagues but it was miscalculated, I might be more forgiving...but for those two to initially lose all sense of morality to chase money is for me a little hard to take.

clint van damme

Liverpool have lost sponsors and Bill Shanklys grandson wants his grandads statue removed from outside Anfield.
What a carry on

shmmeee

Liverpool have lost sponsors and Bill Shanklys grandson wants his grandads statue removed from outside Anfield.
What a carry on

Players all putting a statement out as well. I can’t see any part of the actual club being behind it, no way they can push it through against that.

SBAndy

What will irk me somewhat over the coming days, weeks and months is that despite condemnation of this from all pundits and broadcasters, come Saturday football focus will still broadcast 20 minutes about Phil Foden’s Year 8 school report, then next week it’ll be Scott McTominay’s family tartan, followed by Kevin de Bruyne’s shirt collection. The fact that these 6 clubs were willing to jeopardise the English game will pass them by as all these broadcasters care about are those 6 clubs, no matter how trivial or tedious the link. You can also bet your house on these clubs next season still getting their games broadcast on TV and ridiculous total payments for having their games shown.

As for Chelsea and Manchester City being seen as good guys...they were hesitant to sign up only because they feared they’d be ‘left behind’...it was purely about money (as for the others). If there was a genuine thought that the creation of this league would see money filter through the leagues but it was miscalculated, I might be more forgiving...but for those two to initially lose all sense of morality to chase money is for me a little hard to take.

It’d be an interesting turn of events if players who were out of contract started lining up moves to Everton, West Ham and Southampton instead of Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Will almost certainly never happen but would be brilliant.

duffer

Talk about catastrophic misjudgement.

If this finally wakes people up to how toxic these 'owners' are to the game, then maybe the ESL plan was a good thing.

The genie is out of the bottle now that they've shown themselves for what they are, I'm hoping they'll struggle to put it back in.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Good job

We're down to the last 6, most of the big hitters are out. Who will be the winners of the first and only European super league

chiefdave

Only English club not to publicly confirm they're out at the moment is Chelsea but all media reporting they are out as well.

Perez's next press conference should be good!

kg82

Thing is, they’ve shown their cards. Bit of inference and paraphrasing, but one anonymous board member basically said fuck the fans. They’ve stirred up a lot of ill feelings with this and shown their true colours. I hope their fans remember that the next time these clubs ask for something off them.

tisza

Didn't expect it to collapse that fast. So Real will play Juventus about 20 times next season to see who the first Super League champs are.
Whole exercise proves how far these owners/presidents are disconnected from their clubs fans and football supporters in general.
An exercise in pure greed which for many of the clubs involved show how poorly they've been run over last few seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread