armybike

Did we finish a respectable 8th?

9th! ;)

During the eight team phase -

1980 - Group stage = 5/8
1988 - Group stage = 7/8
1992 - Group stage = 7/8

covmark

Bale is so deep all the time, he won't do any damage picking the ball up off the keeper.
Wales are dire tbh, worse than their performance vs England

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Otis

Bale is so deep all the time, he won't do any damage picking the ball up off the keeper.
Wales are dire tbh, worse than their performance vs England

Bale was very dangerous in that first half, but is having a mare of a second 45 mins.

Wales look clueless.

covmark

Bale was very dangerous in that first half, but is having a mare of a second 45 mins.

Wales look clueless.
They're a poor side. They were well and truly dominated by a very average England team. Tonight they've been worse, absolutely abysmal.

lifeskyblue

Two very poor teams. Don't fancy Portugal against the Germans or French. Without Ronaldo they would be awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSid

Am I dreaming or at one point didn't it only be 8 teams?
It was only 4 teams at one time. In 1976 Wales reached the QFs but were knocked out over 2 legs. Only the semi-finalists went to the tournament which was held over a few days. It was the year Czechoslovakia beat West Germany on penalties with that Panenka penalty to decide it.

Otis

It was only 4 teams at one time. In 1976 Wales reached the QFs but were knocked out over 2 legs. Only the semi-finalists went to the tournament which was held over a few days. It was the year Czechoslovakia beat West Germany on penalties with that Panenka penalty to decide it.
Thanks, Wiki. :)

Covstu

The tournament is clearly in the hands of ze Germans or le French if they bother to turn up for the final.

I have enjoyed the tournament, its been different as a 'one off' but I am not a fan of the extended format. It has a qualifying feel to it, teams like Portugal who just didn't turn up shouldn't have got through the groups never mind get to the final! I would have less issue if that the top two only qualify to make this more competitive, this would stop teams sitting back like Wales and Slovakia did against us and make them come out and attack more.

covmark

Heard on the news that Wales are having an open top bus parade around Cardiff. Pretty embarrassing really.

Covstu

yep bit over the top really, no doubt it was an amazing feat but that's usually reserved for the winners.

no_loyalty

Euro 2020 should be a lot better, its being hosted in multiple cities across Europe with the semis and final at Wembley

Liquid Gold

To get to the final Portugal have played Iceland (D) Austria (D) Hungary (D) in the group, then in the knockout Croatia (1 shot on target) Poland (penalties) and Wales to get to the final.

There is no way you should get to the final of an international tournament only playing that quality of opposition, they've only won one game in the 90 minutes. Shows everything wrong with the format

Pipehitterz

This year has had a bit of a 'league cup ' feel to it , like the big players don't really want to be there and the reserves are having the time of their lives

Monners

Wasn't there an open top bus, meet the PM and MBE's all round when England won the Ashes in 2005? Even the players were embarrassed (Except for piss head Flintoff who was just an embarrassment)

Last edited:

stupot07

Was there an open top bus, meet the PM and MBE's all round when England won the Ashes in 2005? Even the players were embarrassed (Except for piss head Flintoff who was just an embarrassment)
Yes, there was

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Euro 2020 should be a lot better, its being hosted in multiple cities across Europe with the semis and final at Wembley

You must be joking. It's a stupid idea. Some complained about the journey this summer...
Midlands to Marseille 880 miles.
Marseille to Lens - 609 miles.
Lens to St Etienne - 453 miles.
St Etienne to Nice - 304 miles
Nice to Midlands - 976 miles.
3222 miles in total.

In 4 years we could face the prospect of going from Baku to Bilbao. That is a 3467 mile journey alone. It's a 60 hour drive (we'd miss the game even if we left at full time in Baku) or 10 hours by plane.

Last edited:

skyblue1991

To get to the final Portugal have played Iceland (D) Austria (D) Hungary (D) in the group, then in the knockout Croatia (1 shot on target) Poland (penalties) and Wales to get to the final.

There is no way you should get to the final of an international tournament only playing that quality of opposition, they've only won one game in the 90 minutes. Shows everything wrong with the format
You can only beat what is in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread