Euro 2012 - Prediction league banter. (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Good luck to all those who have entered, a good amount of people are competing in the SBT Euro prediction league. :pimp:

A big thanks to Nick for setting up the prediction league. :):wave:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Well, 4 games played, and only 3 points...all thanks to Holland and Poland.

3 points???? Only 3 points?? I DREAM of having 3 points after 4 games!! I've only got 2!! Bloody Greece equalising in the first game! :mad:

Ah well, roll on Division 3 Prediction League!! :claping hands:

W

westcountry_skyblue

I am top of the league,say i am top of the league!!! Thought i would say it before it all goes pear shaped!!!

Houchens Head

There's some weird results coming through! Can't believe I'm where I am in the league! :(

West Countryskyblue: Nice collection of points! ......................................

..................... (but will it last? :thinking about:) Hee hee!!

doodlebug

This is my first try at the prediction league, had 8 points after last nights game... But I have a question regarding the scoring. It's obviously 3pts for an exact score line, 1pt for s correct result, but how does the 2pts get awarded? Is it one teams score correct and the correct result? I have looked around bug cannot see the scoring explained (probably missed it somewhere)

Slow start for the Old Git but coming up fast on the rails =10th with 12 points - I'll show you young whippersnappers how it's done - JR for the title !!!

PUSB

W

westcountry_skyblue

Still going strong at the top,I'm there to be shot at!!!

Houchens Head

822upset.gif

Damn these competitions!!!! STILL only 7 points!!

Houchens Head

Still only one point....

Have you understood what you're supposed to do Stu? :pointlaugh:

Have you got the right game? The game below is POINTLESS.
On the prediction league, you are supposed to score as many as you can! :)

110705_Pointless_500-thumb-500x333-77027.jpg

Houchens Head

Correct goal difference.

I've always been bloody confused with the 2 points thing as well. Dutch, 3 of my predictions were:
Greece 0 Czech Rep 3 ....... Actual score: 1-2..... I get 1 pt
Germany 3 Portugal 2 ....... Actual score: 1-0..... I get 2 pts
Ireland 1 Croatia 2 ........... Actual score: 1-3..... I get 1 pt

How come I was closest to a correct prediction with the Ireland v Croatia game, yet only get 1 point, yet I was way out with my prediction of the Germany v Portugal game and score 2 points? I just don't get it!

Grendel

I've always been bloody confused with the 2 points thing as well. Dutch, 3 of my predictions were:
Greece 0 Czech Rep 3 ....... Actual score: 1-2..... I get 1 pt
Germany 3 Portugal 2 ....... Actual score: 1-0..... I get 2 pts
Ireland 1 Croatia 2 ........... Actual score: 1-3..... I get 1 pt

How come I was closest to a correct prediction with the Ireland v Croatia game, yet only get 1 point, yet I was way out with my prediction of the Germany v Portugal game and score 2 points? I just don't get it!

I think its goal difference correct but actual score not correct. Croatia scored two more than Ireland you said one more, so that is why Germany score gets 2 points as their was only a goal between them as you predicted.

Houchens Head

Still clear as mud! :thinking about:But thanks anyway Kduff.

Nick

Administrator
If you say 1-0 but it ends 2-1 they have won by one goal but not correct so you get 2 points :)

Houchens Head

I give up trying to work it out! My old head's befuddled enough as it is!! I'll just accept that I'm shite at predictions! :D

Users who are viewing this thread