Ethics Commitee Meeting Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Was the purchase of the YB loan not first discussed between SISU and the council? I'm sure I read at some point that they were in cahoots with each other over the loan. I might be wrong tho.

Read my extract above.
It infers that both were looking at 50% shares for the other and could be construed as working together although in reality they were not.

Captain Dart

I believe it was actually Ranson's policy not to buy the stadium. The money they wasted hiring Coleman and the players he signed could have bought the Ricoh based on what Wasps paid.

There have been a lot of failed strategies attempted at the club, before and since SISU. One might argue that not since Derek Robins has any real acumen been applied.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Where's that info from? The turnover in 11/12 was £10.7m not £15m. Also why should the council see the business plan for football operations in league one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
So which one was it? If it was the former why wasn't this figure disputed? If indeed it was the latter then the argument that we would have one of the lowest three or four turnovers in the conference is???????

OffenhamSkyBlue

It may have been appropriate for ACL (not CCC per se) to see the financial plan as they were at that stage a creditor of CCFC, and that would have been discussed as part of the consideration of the ill-fated attempt to force the club into a CVA.

Noggin

Loads more council fanboys on there that no longer post. Swiss moron, rich the buffoon, that twat that threatened to have me arrested - great stuff. Nice to confirm astute never wanted the club to own the stadium. He's happy at least.

Oh and match day threads seem a huge challenge for Noggin the Troll as well - major surprise.

I stopped getting involved in any SISU/council threads before this season even started, we were all just wasting our lives as far as I'm concerned, we were all just saying the same old stuff over and over at other people with similarly entrenched views. I've hardly posted in the last 6 months as I've mostly lost my love of not just football but sport in general. I am pleased to see City doing much better than I thought they would this season though my interest is mostly down to checking scores online and reading the occasional match day threads. I hope one day to regain my love of CCFC as I was a season ticket holder for a long time.

My wife 2 days before christmas was diagnosed with a brain tumour so I have even less desire to be involved in online bickering, so not that I ever was a troll but you can certainly take my name off your list now.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I stopped getting involved in any SISU/council threads before this season even started, we were all just wasting our lives as far as I'm concerned, we were all just saying the same old stuff over and over at other people with similarly entrenched views. I've hardly posted in the last 6 months as I've mostly lost my love of not just football but sport in general. I am pleased to see City doing much better than I thought they would this season though my interest is mostly down to checking scores online and reading the occasionally match day threads. I hope one day to regain my love of CCFC as I was a season ticket holder for a long time.

My wife 2 days before christmas was been diagnosed with a brain tumour so I have even less desire to be involved in online bickering, so not that I ever was a troll but you can certainly take my name off your list now.

Sorry to hear that and I hope it is treatable and she is ok!

Noggin

Sorry to hear that and I hope it is treatable and she is ok!

Thanks mate, we don't know till the end of the week what is happening, but she is in good spirits, bravest person I ever met. She's was my carer too so my world really fell apart, it had been 10 years since we last spent a night apart. She is young 34 and otherwise healthy though so if anyone can kick its ass she can. certainly makes you realise whats important in life, they let her home for christmas day, no one was caring if the turkey was dry thats for sure.

letsallsingtogether

I stopped getting involved in any SISU/council threads before this season even started, we were all just wasting our lives as far as I'm concerned, we were all just saying the same old stuff over and over at other people with similarly entrenched views. I've hardly posted in the last 6 months as I've mostly lost my love of not just football but sport in general. I am pleased to see City doing much better than I thought they would this season though my interest is mostly down to checking scores online and reading the occasionally match day threads. I hope one day to regain my love of CCFC as I was a season ticket holder for a long time.

My wife 2 days before christmas was been diagnosed with a brain tumour so I have even less desire to be involved in online bickering, so not that I ever was a troll but you can certainly take my name off your list now.

Sorry to hear about your wife.
I too don't really care who is at fault anymore ether however my love for City is still strong.
The other difference is I still like to come on here and wind up the sisu fan club as it is great seeing them deny it and then getting their nickers in a twist

PUSB

NorthernWisdom

I stopped getting involved in any SISU/council threads before this season even started, we were all just wasting our lives as far as I'm concerned, we were all just saying the same old stuff over and over at other people with similarly entrenched views. I've hardly posted in the last 6 months as I've mostly lost my love of not just football but sport in general. I am pleased to see City doing much better than I thought they would this season though my interest is mostly down to checking scores online and reading the occasional match day threads. I hope one day to regain my love of CCFC as I was a season ticket holder for a long time.

My wife 2 days before christmas was diagnosed with a brain tumour so I have even less desire to be involved in online bickering, so not that I ever was a troll but you can certainly take my name off your list now.

Hmm, I wanted to like your post for the first paragraph, but it seemed deeply inappropriate given the second!

Wishing you and your wife the best.

Otis

Thanks mate, we don't know till the end of the week what is happening, but she is in good spirits, bravest person I ever met. She's was my carer too so my world really fell apart, it had been 10 years since we last spent a night apart. She is young 34 and otherwise healthy though so if anyone can kick its ass she can. certainly makes you realise whats important in life, they let her home for christmas day, no one was caring if the turkey was dry thats for sure.
Good luck Noggin. Hope you have positive news very soon.

Best wishes for you and your wife. If she's as brave as you say that can only be a positive too.

Fingers crossed for you.

stupot07

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife Noggin. Got to stay positive.

Hope the Doc's can sort it out.

Wishing you both and your family the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Noggin

Thanks everyone, she has an awesome family, providing lots of support and a great attitude so we are staying positive. But do tell your loved ones how much they mean to you tonight :)

James Smith

Very sorry to hear about your wife and I hope that she is given the all clear as soon as possible.

wingy

Get the best advice you can noggin and if you're not happy with the prognosis or treatment plan get a second opinion.
Do your research and head for the centres of excellence.
From experience it's better than relying on some generic everyday facility.
Good luck to the pair of you.

chiefdave

Get the best advice you can noggin and if you're not happy with the prognosis or treatment plan get a second opinion.

I'll second that, anything you aren't sure on get a second opinion. Don't worry about offending anyone or causing trouble.

Good luck mate.

dongonzalos

This is the best advice on here. Definitely always request a second opinion. The differences in what two experts say is unbelievable and sometimes quite frightening.

Thoughts are with you.

Noggin

Thanks, they have a board meeting with all the docs/surgeons etc friday, if we aren't happy with the treatment plan we'll ask for a second opinion from one of the top hospitals in London or something, money is irrelevant if you aren't alive to spend it, Walsgrave is supposed to be good though for this so we;ll give them a shot as long as the decision is best surgeon in hospital is going to try and cut it all out.

wingy

Thanks, they have a board meeting with all the docs/surgeons etc friday, if we aren't happy with the treatment plan we'll ask for a second opinion from one of the top hospitals in London or something, money is irrelevant if you aren't alive to spend it, Walsgrave is supposed to be good though for this so we;ll give them a shot as long as the decision is best surgeon in hospital is going to try and cut it all out.
That's what you need noggin, the techniques applied today are probably vastly superior to the days we needed them,but the difference between two departments opinion back in the early 90's, were glaringly huge, literally all or nothing.
Have to say the genius who ultimately dealt with our chrisis made it sound so easy and insisted it wasn't his skill as such but the tools he had to work with, such modesty, amazing,now have two beautiful grandchildren.
If you would like a chat or support at any point feel free to pm me.

dongonzalos

Also if it's required ask about a 'cyber knife'. They don't mention it because of the cost. However in lots of circumstances it is the best solution with regards to the brain.

shmmeee

Don't worry about it mate (the trolls not your wife) just dickheads wanting attention.

Hope your wife is OK, medical treatment is advancing all the time. All the best to you man.

Moff

All the best to you and your wife Noggin. I truly hope everything works out for the best.

The fact you are there for each other and are strong should help you both through this testing time, to what we all hope are better times when your wife gets the all clear.

Hobo

All the best Noggin and best wishes to your wife. Don't be afraid to write questions down and take them with you. It is easy to get phased or distracted in face to face meetings even when conducted by the most sympathetic of professionals. If you don't understand say so and get them to explain it again. Best wishes to you both.

Grendel

That is very sad to hear. From personal experience I know that a positive outcome is often possible.

I wish you and her good fortune and that she will indeed make a full recovery.

mechaishida

Also if it's required ask about a 'cyber knife'. They don't mention it because of the cost. However in lots of circumstances it is the best solution with regards to the brain.

Unless one is a millionaire, or of the Upper Class, I doubt this treatment is available. Those with wealth are deemed more worthy of revolutionary, hideously-overpriced treatments. Me, myself, I consider all illnesses and disease curable, however one has to be privy to those cures via monetary wealth and social standing.

It's worth inquiring though, as this seems a very good treatment...

...still, there's no better cure than the indomitable human spirit in the face of tragedy or crisis.

Hope your wife kicks the shit out of this brain tumour, Noggin, she sounds like a very strong soul so the chances of a positive outcome are increased tenfold.

All the best to you and her, be strong for her, but don't heap the darkness on yourself. Find your own way through.

Users who are viewing this thread